PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Grenades

Grimbad
22-12-2007, 06:24
Quite simply, what do they look like.
Before the pin is pulled, I mean.

BlackLegion
22-12-2007, 06:34
A heavily decorated round or oval ball. At least this is how i remember the description from Wh40k 2nd Edition.

Voleron
22-12-2007, 06:47
Think the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, and replace the cross-pin on top with an Aquila*. Et voila, an Imperial Vortex Grenade!

*For non-Imperial Grenades, replace Aquila with faction-appropriate symbol.

FashaTheDog
22-12-2007, 14:17
You forgot the warning label on the bottom that says "CHIRURGEON-GENERAL'S WARNING: EXPOSURE TO RAW WARP, A DIRECT BY-PRODUCT OF THIS DEVICE, HAS BEEN KNOW TO CAUSE MUTATIONS AND/OR DEATH. SHOULD NOT BE HANDLED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR EXPECT TO BECOME PREGNANT DUE TO SERIOUS RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS."

Dominus_Serui
22-12-2007, 14:27
Its a big round ball with a button on top and 'Vortex Grenade' written really obviously on the side - as seen in one of the Rogue Trader books...:P

Vaz84
22-12-2007, 21:54
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/viviebean/VotrexGrenade.jpg

something like that, change the top with some sort of fancy-nancy pin

feelnopain666
22-12-2007, 22:43
"Oh Emperor, bless this holy hand grenade, and in your mercy, let them be blown into little pieces".
They are great to kill white bunnys :)

Noserenda
22-12-2007, 23:54
Other fun warnings:

PULL PIN AND THROW TOWARDS ENEMY (SOME SIDE EFFECTS)

Devil-Tears
23-12-2007, 00:59
"Oh Emperor, bless this holy hand grenade, and in your mercy, let them be blown into little pieces".
They are great to kill white bunnys :)

You forgot this part:
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." :chrome:

Man, I love Monty Python.

Vesica
23-12-2007, 01:14
yea, monty python is great. maybe it looks like a normal grenade to confuse the enemy, because a daemon lord/terminator/other big meanie isnt going too fear a frag so they would just lol at it till its to late to move and then 'BOOOOOOOOM'

feelnopain666
23-12-2007, 01:18
You forgot this part:
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." :chrome:

Man, I love Monty Python.

As do I. have you ever seen this?

http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=859&Itemid=756

Dragonlv8
23-12-2007, 04:53
Warning: throw at enemy, not friends, this is not a toy, fear me.

Super Ninja
23-12-2007, 05:28
a valid question, but i think it would look less like an orb of antioch and more like a metal egg with a crazy warp core thingy in its center and a delay fuse button on its side (and mabie a skull or aquila for decoration). But the question i have about the VG is why any army like the tyranids or necrons would have such a weapon in the first place.

Devil-Tears
23-12-2007, 06:41
As do I. have you ever seen this?

http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=859&Itemid=756

Those are awesome! The grim future needs more Monty Python I say!:p

The Hobo Hunter
23-12-2007, 06:58
I always imagined it to be generally shaped like a big steel egg, covered in wires, tubes, and coils etc to operate all the arcane technology it uses.

Being such a deadly and revered weapon, I imagine it would be heavily decorated with skulls, aquilas, and purity seals etc to keep it safe until throwing time, and generally cos the mechanicus likes to adorn stuff like that.

It would probably be pretty chunky and large - how far can models throw the thing?

Tehkonrad
23-12-2007, 07:17
I think its actually some kind of beer can

nurgle_boy
23-12-2007, 09:01
It is actually a bottle of Absinth...

I imagine it to be something rather blocky, with various flashy and glowy bitz on... An ork one would just be bigger, with flashier, glowier bitz...