PDA

View Full Version : Caradryan and the phoenix blade.

Manflayer
23-12-2007, 23:03
Hey everyone

I was pondering on what to use in my high elves army (when I do get the chance to play with them) and Caradryan looked like a very promising character and useful general. So my question is can his weapon really do 5 wounds per attack against flammable targets? (assuming he rolls well) like fighting a treeman or Tomb king.

P.S Im not sure if im allowed to post the rules for his weapon so I hope you understand what im trying to get at. Thanks for reading!

theunwantedbeing
23-12-2007, 23:08
Not sure how you'de get 5 wounds out of his attacks when flammable targets suffer double wounds from flaming attacks.
Usually its an even number as the potential number of wounds that can be caused in those situations.

If you meant 6 then yes, thats how it works.

Manflayer
23-12-2007, 23:34
Not sure should be saying the rules but meh, Basically his weapon counts as doing flaming attacks, But also does d3 wounds to anything with more than 2 unit strength. So was wondering if that is possible or if only one was allowed.

Also wanted to know is Caradryan is shown carrying a Halberd on the model, But nowhere in the description for his magic weapon does it say it counts as a halberd. Im not sure if it should count as halberd or is it a sword... guessing the second choice just wanted to see what others think so if someone starts to try and argue the case then wont be wasteing 30 mins :rolleyes:

Copenhagan
24-12-2007, 20:26
I believe on the model it is modeled as a halberd but fallowing the rules for Magic Items the abilities of the magic Item override any of the weapons normal abilities ie. he dose not get plus 1 str and it would not take 2 hands to use it. Yes it can do up to 6 wounds to a unit strength 2 or more flammable target.