PDA

View Full Version : Charcter's in units?

Mikey_Vengeance
24-12-2007, 05:44
If I have a character who is Immune to Psychology in a unit who is not (a Paladin who has the Grail Vow with a unit of Knights of the Realm) do I still have to take a leadership test for charging fear causing units?

WLBjork
24-12-2007, 07:34
Yes, as stated on page 78

lparigi34
24-12-2007, 12:52
Yes.

Oddly, since if you have a character who causes Fear within the Unit, then the Unit is immune to Fear (being the Character already immune to fear).

But if the Character is immune to Fear not because he causes Fear himself, but because he is immune to Psychology, then he grant no bonus to the unit.

So I guess immunity to Fear due to being a Fear causer guy is a stronger form of immunity than being just immune to psychology. :confused:

Chaos Undecided
24-12-2007, 13:04
Maybe if the guy leading them is fear causing the units just as scared if not more so of him than they are of the enemy

Mikey_Vengeance
25-12-2007, 04:18
So does that mean if the Grail Vow (which give's the Knight Immune to Psychology) doesn't confer the immunity to the attatched Knights of the Realm then I take a fear check for charging fear causing units. Does that ALSO mean that if I fail that leadership check the Paladin or Lord with the immunity fails the charge as well? Or does he continue the charge without the Knights and just "detatch" from the unit?

Crazy Harborc
25-12-2007, 20:09
It does say in the rulebook that since the character joined the unit when the unit flees or stops in it's tracks or only hits on a 6....so does he/it/the character.

Somebody please prove me wrong...with proof.:D:D

knightime98
26-12-2007, 07:00
In general, if a character joins a unit - The character conforms to the units psychology. There are always exceptions.

What this means for you - is that - If Knights of the Realm are subject to psychology so then to are any characters that join them.

In certain cases, a character can bestow on a unit a psychological effect. For instance, an empire warrior priest can encourage a unit to have "hatred" for all enemies. However, it is noteworthy that exceptions will be specifically listed with the appropriate entry for that character class in each army book.