Special:
3 Treekin with Elder 215
3 Treekin with Elder 215
5 Wardancers with Blade Singer and musician 111
Rare:
Treeman 285
Treeman 285

Total: 1993
Pretty simple list: trees smash and scare everyone, glade guard shoots large rank and file units and reduce their static combat res, dryads and wardancers run support and protect glade guard. I'm thinking that 3 treemen and 6 treekin would overwhelm any army's capacity to deal with big nasties. Not to mention, there's only two units that have to take panic tests in the list.
Sounds like fun to annoy people with..
probably not competitive.

RavenBloodwind
24-12-2007, 16:23
I can't locate my copy of WD that had Durthu's rules but I think he takes up a lord and rare slot like any other treeman ancient. If that's the case you're over your limit on rares. Sure a 3 treeman list looks horrifying but not sure you can fit it in at 2k.

The list is fundamentally tolerable if a bit boring. I think a magic-heavy or artillery heavy list is likely to give you some serious pain as you have nothing that is actually fast moving or forward deploying. You also have essentially nothing by way of magic defense (can't remember if durthu gets a cluster but even then 3 dispel dice won't protect you much).

Actual list issues, dryads would be better with champions, treekin without. Wardancers are probably a tad small since they have to number 5 to even get their flank/rear bonus to CR. If you dropped the treekin elders you pick up 40 pts, invest in branchnymphs and spend whatever's left on a wardancer or 2.

If you could shave the points a branchwraith caster with cluster (if not already on durthu) would be a real boon on magic defense.

themandudeperson
24-12-2007, 19:47
I can't locate my copy of WD that had Durthu's rules but I think he takes up a lord and rare slot like any other treeman ancient. If that's the case you're over your limit on rares. Sure a 3 treeman list looks horrifying but not sure you can fit it in at 2k.

The list is fundamentally tolerable if a bit boring. I think a magic-heavy or artillery heavy list is likely to give you some serious pain as you have nothing that is actually fast moving or forward deploying. You also have essentially nothing by way of magic defense (can't remember if durthu gets a cluster but even then 3 dispel dice won't protect you much).

AFAIK, Durthu takes a lord and 2 hero slots. Meaning at best I could have one spellsinger as a scroll caddy or a branchwraith like you said. So if I go with Durthu at 2k I can pretty much kiss magic defense goodbye anyway :( I could probably replace the treekin with wild riders, but I thought it would be funny to see a wood elf army made almost entirely of trees. Originally, I didn't have any archers in the list either and the war dancers are there primarily because I needed something to fill the last few points and I figured a unit with magic resistance was the ticket..

Actual list issues, dryads would be better with champions, treekin without. Wardancers are probably a tad small since they have to number 5 to even get their flank/rear bonus to CR. If you dropped the treekin elders you pick up 40 pts, invest in branchnymphs and spend whatever's left on a wardancer or 2.

I may drop a unit of dryads and the champions from the treekin and add a champion to the dryads and wild riders that will replace the wardancers. Hopefully there'll be enough points to build some kinda of magic defense from there.