PDA

View Full Version : So... what did ya get huh huh?

devolutionary
24-12-2007, 19:58
Ghostmas is upon us once again (still) and lo! did all receive things which they want in mass quantities!

So, what did ya get?

I got models. This is to be expected. I didn't give anybody any choice. 4 years of the same thing and not putting down hobby stuff gave way to a mass of "get me terminators... oh, and some terminators while you're at it".

I am curious to see what others got. Let us compare and play a game of manliness with our mighty presents.

starlight
24-12-2007, 20:11
It's still the 24th for another 11-ish hours here...:(

So far: an exercise ball (asked for, so cool:)), the bank extended my line of credit so I can take an important course and head North to work ($5K/mo!), and my girlfriend broke up with me...

Mechanicus
24-12-2007, 20:11
Some lucky people are 8-12 hours ahead of us here in old blighty... ;)

Anyway, expecting several BL books and the second/third Flashman book. And, of course the obligatory chocolate... :p

Nabeshin1106
24-12-2007, 20:15
I've only gotten a present from my girlfriend so far, which was Assasin's Creed for 360. I also treated myself to a PSP with Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War and WH40k: Squad Command for my DS.

We'll have to see what tomorrow brings!

Norminator
24-12-2007, 20:19
Shhh.... I'll tell you when Father Christmas has been!

Terminatorphoenix
24-12-2007, 20:43
Well it depends, if my parents are still out by 10pm I'm giving my self the booze in the fridge...

devolutionary
24-12-2007, 21:18
So far: an exercise ball (asked for, so cool), the bank extended my line of credit so I can take an important course and head North to work ($5K/mo!), and my girlfriend broke up with me...

Debt and heartbreak... you seem to be making a habit of this my friend.

Shhh.... I'll tell you when Father Christmas has been!

Mug that fat bastard :p

Well it depends, if my parents are still out by 10pm I'm giving my self the booze in the fridge...

I like your attitude, make the best of a average situation!

starlight
24-12-2007, 21:22
Debt and heartbreak... you seem to be making a habit of this my friend.

That'll teach me to date a blonde...:(

The debt will be gone soon enough. :D

feelnopain666
24-12-2007, 21:25
I got "descedent of angels", "dark apostol" (I've alredy have one), IA Apocalypse and a conversion kit to make a Exorcist

Kasrkin 666
24-12-2007, 21:35
X-mas aint here yet, but for the second year in a row were not doing a THING for X-mas.:cries::cries:

-Sunny:eek:

RavenMorpheus
24-12-2007, 21:35
I got...

A pair of socks.

Oops no wait - I haven't, yet.

I'm not supposed to know about them it's only 22:40 here in the UK :D

Gaebriel
24-12-2007, 21:36
We're getting our presents on the 24th here...

I treated myself to a bit of what I call wargaming literature (a couple of Ospreys) - things from my family and my gf's family will follow the next two days, though I think I'll give more than receive.

But isn't that the point of Christmas? ;)

Dakkagor
24-12-2007, 21:44
I know I'll get some clothes, the ork spearhead box set and the new ork codex (:D^10). I'll probably get a pile of deodorant/socks from the relatives. I'm getting guard artillery from getz. My girlfriend will hopefully be finished making a flash animation starring me (singing the Trogdor! song)
The only mysteries arw what I'm getting from my older sister: a present in two parts relating to my childhood. I guessed that it was a diorama of my Little Ponies beating up Optimus Prime using magic, but shes assured me thats for my birthday.

Mattel need to nerf those damn rending ponies.

Templar Ben
24-12-2007, 21:45
I am not sure what I am getting. I got my kids a ton of stuff.

floyd pinkerton
24-12-2007, 21:54
ooh, it's almost the 25th!

can't wait to run downstairs and rip open my new shiney 360, and then to have given in completely on registering the bloody thing online within 30 minutes:p

i wish you all a very merry christmas

theunwantedbeing
24-12-2007, 22:17
To be honest, the only definite present I have is some money.
£10 from my grandad, and £25 from my mum....as to what everyone else has got me I havent a clue for once.
Only another 40mins untill the big day of course, which means probably another 10+ hours to wait as I'll be going to sleep and then waking up before I get to open anything(not that im overly fussed about the wait).

With any luck there will be a person sized present with a hot girl in it (yes pushing my luck but I've been damned good this year...barely set fire to anything......).

Kulgur
24-12-2007, 22:37
I know I've got a Nintendo Wii and something by Dan Abnett (I think Gaunt's Ghosts 1st omnibus), I suspect a DE Talos is in amongst them too:)

Mad Doc Grotsnik
24-12-2007, 22:41
So far, I've got two Blister of Savage Orcs from Lol (Command and 3 spods) and an 18" Talking, Motion Activated Pinhead from my girly....that, and what she wore last Wednesday night....

Oh, and RAC cover from the parents. Which might seem a lame-ish present, but when your car is as clapped out as mine, and you utterly depend on it to get you to work, it's really great.

Am holding out for more Savage Orcs as side presents, as this is what I asked for! Oh, and Pump Wagons. My nearly all metal army will come to pass! Oh yes!

P.S. Having already devoured 5 cans, is anyone else tempted to keep drinking until everyone else wakes up at Present O'Clock? Would make dinner with the family a lot more tolerable if I'd already sailed for Lobotomy Bay.....

forgotten hero
24-12-2007, 23:11
its just gone the 25th, im on msn talking to me x and a possibility and on warseer lol. woo christmas rocks!

as for what im getting, meh, im 21 now and prezzies arnt that important anymore, but i would like assassins creed... ;)

-Rob

the varks
24-12-2007, 23:35
a xbox 360, three pairs of socks, the darwin awards book, chocolate, gw gift voucher, and as a joke, 32 tubes of superglue.

Marco

Mad Doc Grotsnik
24-12-2007, 23:43
a xbox 360, three pairs of socks, the darwin awards book, chocolate, gw gift voucher, and as a joke, 32 tubes of superglue.

Marco

Dude. A 360? I assume you've been a naughty boy this year? Good boys get PS3's!

:p

the varks
24-12-2007, 23:45
Dude. A 360? I assume you've been a naughty boy this year? Good boys get PS3's!

:p

nah 360s heaps better =]. if i wanna play ps3 i go to my neighbours :D

Marco

talos935
25-12-2007, 00:38
Half the decent stuff I'm getting I bought myself :o

Arnizipal
25-12-2007, 00:50
I got Assassin's Creed for my 360 and a travel guide for Japan (which I'll hope to put to good use some day).

biggreengribbly
25-12-2007, 01:43
I got the glowing praise and appreciation from my parents for getting off my **** and working non stop from almost 9am until 1am to get ready for the 'big day' (about the Earliest we've ever been ready for Christmas. Talk about leaving it to the last minute) I guess I had to make myself useful for at least One day of the year :evilgrin:

I've also got the first 5 books of the Horus Heresy series, 2 PC games I can't play until I get a new PSU to get my computer running again, and an IOU for a RC tank from a friend who works in 'Modelzone' in Guildford :D

Angelwing
25-12-2007, 02:43
Peace and quiet hopefully!

devolutionary
25-12-2007, 02:45
That's what I get afterwards when the folks skip town for a few days. They keep me alive while I'm at uni and all, but yeesh! I need a break :p

Adept
25-12-2007, 03:34
I got drunk. Then I got a hangover.

Later, I might go see a movie or something.

Happy Hogswatch, everyone.

polymphus
25-12-2007, 04:01
Two t-shirts (one reading Beijing 2008. I'm known to loathe sport. The other from my GF and with a zombie on it, a considerable improvement...), a fountain pen, a book on 17th century England and $500 cash.
I then spent the day avoiding my annoying out-of-town cousins who call me "homo" at least thrice an hour by hiding in a room and playing Team Fortress 2. To make up for my scroogeness, I was a medic.

I went caroling, whereupon my candle snapped in half and the woman standing directly behind me suffered a stroke. That was kind of a downer.

That said, I've managed to use the $500 already in the ordering of a 2000pt Ogre Kingdoms army that should arrive in the next few days. This makes me happy.

And that was Poly's Christmas.

Poly
Out

Ward.
25-12-2007, 04:20
Not of the ames variety how ever...

I'll be starting a fantasy thread as well, but I just wanted to give people a chance to show off and find what they got for Christmas (warhammer wise) to people that will appreciate it (Somehow aunts and cousins tend to miss the awesomeness of getting a baneblade for example).

So with out further adieu...

Brother Siccarius
25-12-2007, 04:35
Do shipments from GW that arrived late in the afternoon count?

Freefire
25-12-2007, 04:40
A $200 check card that some percentage of which will end up in GW's hands :)

Mr. Shine
25-12-2007, 05:04
Hopefully I'll get a signature from my wife for my spouse visa application to stay in Japan. Otherwise, I haven't got very much at all.

I'm considering buying myself an iPod Nano as a gift for myself, though...

Ward.
25-12-2007, 05:12
Do shipments from GW that arrived late in the afternoon count?

Whack a gift tag on it saying dear "brother siccarius, have a merry christmas from Gw" and it will...

Lyonator
25-12-2007, 05:31
oh wow.
this is one hell of a thread.

Norminator
25-12-2007, 06:54
Urgh, that was unpleasant....

I got a forgeworld order of Leman Russ bits (they managed to mislabel as giving me four exterminator turrets when I ordered three, but I actually got two and a demolisher turret :rolleyes: ), Eisenhorn omnibus, Caiphas Cain omnibus (I'd never realised what a coward he was!), Imperial Infantry Man's Uplifting primer and some other bits and bobs.

Luke
25-12-2007, 07:46
Well I brought myself a 2006 HOnda Hornet 600 :D but I got an Adorini Cigar humidor cabinet (so i can SEE my cigars through the lid!) and some otehr stuff I am not allowed to open yet :p

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

superknijn
25-12-2007, 08:13
Ocean's Thirteen and Die Hard 4 DVD's. Not much, I know, but we had Sinterklaas a few weeks ago and my birthday's in a month, so I don't care alot about the physical gifts of Christmas.

Dakkagor
25-12-2007, 08:19
Well, the unconfirmed presents where a optimus prime t shirt and lego giant robot from my sister, deodorant/shower gel from the relatives (what a suprise! :rolleyes: ) and from my crazy aunt, a flip chart of office translations (my favourite is: what marketing actually mean when they say . . .)

Finnblood
25-12-2007, 08:23
I got a scanner (<3) and books. Oh, and chocolate. Oh, and an insanely huge box of pencils (coloured, metallic, charcoal... you name it, I have 50 of it O_O). Good loot, I'd say. ^_______^

Merry Yule everyone. :p
Oh and happy Hogswatch, too!

answer_is_42
25-12-2007, 08:39
I got the Imperial Infantry man's UP, Couple o' PC games, many monies, HHG2G TV series DVD and a pith helmet, amongst various others.
Merry Tuesday to all!

New Cult King
25-12-2007, 08:40
I got one of these http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en
$300 towards a tattoo.
Some new shorts and cargo pants.
A cool metal pen with magnetic holder thing.
The Simpsons Movie and Team America DVDs.
Crysis.
A ton of movie ticket vouchers.
A WD subscription.
A bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label.
A U-shaped neck rest thingy (that people usually use on aeroplanes) for work.
A box of Lindt chocolates (win).

Sounds like a lot, but this list is from my family, my fiancée and her family. I'm pretty pleased. I also had a great day with the fam. Much Christmas love and good vibes to everyone on Warseer.

Penitent
25-12-2007, 09:00
-$190 in gift cards toward a new hard-tail mountain bike
-Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0 (which I already own, and will exchange for Lost Season 3)
-A rice cooker (shared gift with the fiancee)
$200 in Best Buy gift cards (which the fiancee and I put toward a surround sound system)
-Two Swiss Army Knives
-Subscription to National Geographic
-a calendar full of panda pics
-a mug with pandas on it
-a robotic panda

Crube
25-12-2007, 09:31
Well, dunno yet...

I know its nearly 1040, but I'm waiting for Mrs Crube to get up (she did a night shift last night) before we open our pressies...

I do know she bought me an MP3 player - cos I chose it, and I am getting Tactica Aeronautica from my mum... oh and the WD sub I bought myself...

Corrupt
25-12-2007, 09:32
Great stuff this year
4 Xbox 360 Games (Halo 3, Bioshock, Assasins Creed and Cod 4)
Imperial Armour 5 Vraks
HE Spearmen Box
HE Archers Box
HE Mage Plastic Box
HE Prince Plastic Box
Warcraft comics 1+2 Mint condition
2 Halo Comics
New leather Gloves
Other books
3 CD's
£50
£10Gw vouchers :D

Merry Christmas all

Neknoh
25-12-2007, 09:35
Three things (out of... 7) mattered big deal to me:

An iPod Nano 4gig-er, finally, music again... and loads of it this time :cries:
My parents saying they'll pay for my Hakama once I buy one
And my parents saying they'll pay for my new Bokken once I buy one

Mad Doc Grotsnik
25-12-2007, 09:36
I got one of these http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en
$300 towards a tattoo.
Some new shorts and cargo pants.
A cool metal pen with magnetic holder thing.
The Simpsons Movie and Team America DVDs.
Crysis.
A ton of movie ticket vouchers.
A WD subscription.
A bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label.
A U-shaped neck rest thingy (that people usually use on aeroplanes) for work.
A box of Lindt chocolates (win).

Sounds like a lot, but this list is from my family, my fiancée and her family. I'm pretty pleased. I also had a great day with the fam. Much Christmas love and good vibes to everyone on Warseer.

Where was the Johnny Walker supplied from? If it's not www.masterofmalt.com I won't be happy! I work for them. Discount not available, but possibility of a cheeky note is probably doable.

Crube
25-12-2007, 09:53
Shameless Plugs R Us

I bought some malt for my dad and uncle this year. No I didn't buy it from you, but hten I do live very close to whisky land....

Ozorik
25-12-2007, 10:21
A wallet which I am scared to ask how much it cost (Im guessing a lot) CDs, T shirts and other misc clothing. Not a great year on the present front although my girlfriend did get an engagement ring....

theunwantedbeing
25-12-2007, 10:38
Hmmm no hot girl.....
Seems not burning everything I came into contact doesnt class as good enough for that.

I did however get,
Socks, Gloves, a jumper thats a bit big for me
Chocolates(whole load of em)
Couple of books
An alarm clock
A really big purple mug
£35

So not bad overall really, and congrats to Ozorik's gf.
So whoose she marrying? :P

Snoozer
25-12-2007, 10:38
Clothes, candy, a battery re-charger, spider riders and a book (The Pragmatic Programmer)

More than I actually thought I would get.

:D

mistformsquirrel
25-12-2007, 10:41
<^_^> 260 dollars.

I'm sure anyone here has a fair idea of where most of THAT is going <,< (Finally, I can do my lord up PROPERLY >_<; - One should not attempt to do a Chaos Lord out of greenstuff until one has practiced sculpting longer than I have <x,x> Just... take my word for that.)

I don't usually get much in the way of actual presents, my mom, myself, and my brother, rarely get each other anything cause none of us have the cash. This year my mom was given money to shop for everyone in the family by my uncle though - so I MAY be getting an on-sale digital camera... maybe; a 4.1 megapixel with macro >.<m (If I do, I'm going to be bothering people in M&P for a long while...)

Beyond that... 2 shirts I like, 1 shirt I'm not keen on (But in the end, I NEED clothes, so woot for that eh?); Oh, and my brother also had some spare money this year, so he got me Sword of the Stars, which is a surprisingly good strategy game.

And tomorrow I go to the Dad's house. Usually they get me some stuff to <,<m

In the end though, much as I enjoy getting stuff; I'm much happier that this year my family has (so far) managed to get along <X_X> Mine is one of those families where, usually, everyone is busy sniping each other the whole time anytime there's a gathering <x.x> thus we avoid each other.

But this Christmas was different; and I really couldn't even begin to figure out 'why'. I even thought it could be because of how old my Grandpa is, and the fact that he may not be with us much longer. (Then again, he's a tough guy, and has been taking very good care of himself since his heart attack years ago) But I don't really know for sure at all.

Btw, if its not obvious, I haven't slept in 2 days <x,x> so my typing and writing are all wonky; Oh, and I'm medicated too, cause I've been sick for a week.

All told, thus far its been a great Christmas; I'm wore out, sleepy as heck, have to get up in 5 hours - but I'm having fun; and I'm with my family while they're getting along for a change <^_^> so I can't ask for much more eh?

Arianwen
25-12-2007, 10:41
We haven't opened our presents here yet (that's saved 'til after Christmas dinner) but 'Santa' brought me (yes, I'm 20 and still have a stocking) archaeology books, self-help books :wtf: chocolate and socks so far.

Norminator
25-12-2007, 10:43
$300 towards a tattoo.

Any idea what you're going to have done NCK?

Crube
25-12-2007, 10:45
Do the self help books help you with your archaeology?

And Mistformsquirrel - that sounds like a great Christmas - well done, and long may ot continue

Arianwen
25-12-2007, 11:01
No, they're all philosophy-based... I have 'The Big Questions' by Lou Marinoff, 'Change' by Alison Haynes and 'Chill - 100 Tips To Relax' by Jenny Sutcliffe. So mum thinks I have stress issues. Bizarre.

New Cult King
25-12-2007, 11:23
Any idea what you're going to have done NCK?

I've had it planned for quite a while, and it should have been done weeks ago, but the tattooist I went to is a slack stoner tool who couldn't organise a prayer in a convent ;) It's gonna be a snake design on my left forearm - I will definitely post pics when it's done.

Shadowseer Crofty
25-12-2007, 11:35
A nice assortment of books: Defenders of Ulthuan, Manslyer, Lord of Ruin, Gene Hunt's The Rules of Modern Policing (I'm a fan of Life on Mars)
Transformers movie special edition DVD (I was only expecting the cheaper option of the 1 disc version), complete with small comic and little toys of bumblebee and barricade (I dont care that I'm 18, they look cool), Ultimate Force series 4 dvd, Zelda phantom hourglass on DS, the usual assortment of deodrant and stuff, a terrys chocolate orange, a tolerone bar, £40, and theres probably a few other things that i forgot about under the pile of stuff.

BrianC
25-12-2007, 11:38
My kids woke me up from 10:30pm every thirty minutes through to 3am (never have kids at Christmas, unload them onto Grand parents) when I couldn't stand it any more and we all went down to open the presents, although I took up an orange each first and said that because they had been naughty that was all Santa had brought. They didn't believe me as usual.

I was meant to have the deluxe Bladerunner HD-DVD box set thingy but the wife has managed to lose it somewhere after wrapping it. :cries:

Instead I'll have to make do with some chocolate as I've already assembled everything else I got brought.

Fenriz
25-12-2007, 12:11
- 360 wireless adapter
- Halo 3
- Joop "Go!" aftershave
- Books
- More chocolate than i can eat in 6months
- Lots of booze
- £100
- Street Fighter comic
- Some DVDs

Yet to get my presents from my girlfriend, as im not seeing her till friday, but i know iv got the Band Of Brothers tin set, and Call Of Duty 4, as well as a few other bits i dont know about yet.

Good haul! :D

Gaz
25-12-2007, 12:21
My girlfriend and I pitched in to get a 360 for ourselves, since my parents only seem to buy me underwear these days. On the upside, means I don't have to buy it myself :D

My girlfriends parents got me a nice pair of Magnum boots, a new wallet (I needed it, my old one is threadbare lol) and a £10 GeeDub voucher.

And I've "borrowed" my parents copy of pirates of the caribean 3.

Ordo Ouroboros
25-12-2007, 12:57
My wife got me a minitures box and a Jhonny Cash book (I huge one and that counts believ me). My Chaos collection is getting too big so she really paid attention to my bitching nd moaning about nothing to carry my armies in

God I love her

Lordi
25-12-2007, 13:04
Money!! I'll probably save it for the upcoming VC, or I could buy my first Forgeworld Krieg...

Merry christmas!

sigur
25-12-2007, 13:23
Well, my sister planned to surprise me by getting some Harlequins for me but couldn't get them in the end. No big deal, I got too much stuff to paint anyway. Apart from that, nothing warhammer-y this christmas as I don't need anything and I need to save up for 2008/2009 when almost all of my armies get new army books, codices.:p

Spyrle_106
25-12-2007, 13:25
I got the big blue GW figures case!!!

I just have to figure out how to get it from Oklahoma City to Okinawa, Japan....

Spyrle

MrBigMr
25-12-2007, 13:28
-A Christmas music CD
-Wool insoles
-A photo album by Victor Barsokevitsch
-Some articles of clothing
-A book or two
-Tar, feathers and few pieces of leather
-Wooden tongs

That's about all there is. My order to GW didn't arrive in time, but neither has the one I made in July, even though last time I checked they said it has been shipped and should be here this year.

Crube
25-12-2007, 13:53
Well, finaly opened the pressies...

A new toaster
Tactica Aeronautica
A Creative Zen stone MP3 player
Zelda for my DS
Jumper
a 'Border Fine Arts' Border Collie figurine
Membership to the National Trust for Scotland

Still a few to come when my mum comes up for the new year - in there is a bookcase, and the latest Terry Pratchett book...

Now sat watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, that Mrs Crube got...

Kohhna
25-12-2007, 14:02
An Ipod Nano, which I don't know how to use yet, Nemesis The Warlock Vol.1, some useful household stuff, (hand whisk/food processor!) Pedro Amoldovar DVDs and a few other bits and peices.

Crube
25-12-2007, 14:13
Oh, and 1500 Iraqi Dinars....

My birthday in 2 weeks too, so more pressie goodness to come...

SharpSilver
25-12-2007, 15:15
I got the Mega paint set plus case and £200 worth of miniatures !!1
xD and £20 in GW Vouchers

Arianwen
25-12-2007, 15:16
Finally got things opened...

- WWF adoption of an Emperor Tamarin (and a cuddly toy, bless)
- A pit droid from Star Wars Episode I clock
- Heat-sensitive rubber ducks
- Money
- A black hoodie with gold, silver and bronze stars on it
- Chocolate (lots)
- A really, really cute lion soft toy (it has an afro!)
- Some ancient Egypt-themed stuff from the British Museum
- Two interesting kinds of pasta
- A hand towel with ducks on

And pre-Christmas day I got...
- Queens Of The Stone Age tickets!!!! *dances*
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine season 1

bdo
25-12-2007, 15:22
half of a space marine battle company,
a sweat shirt
and a 500gb harddisk

...there will be a few minis to add in the next days :D

Dreachon
25-12-2007, 15:24
A healthy donation to my adopt a reaver funds.

eek107
25-12-2007, 15:28
A Trygon and IA:4.

And there's a Barbed Heirodule on the way. :D

salty
25-12-2007, 15:39
- A remote controlled, talking Dalek
- The Fast Show Series 1
- The Fast Show Series 2
- Spiderman 3
- Fantasic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- American Dad Season 2
- Books (mainly history books)
- A hip-flask
- A bottle of single-malt whisky
- Iron Man and Captain America Civil War comic collections
- Money
- Clothes

Salty :)

Luke
25-12-2007, 15:41
Ok so:

New humidor
some undies
a t-shirt with a stormtrooper taking an at-at for walkies
some ground coffee and stirers and things
an ultimate ministry of sound disc set
"grow your own boyfriend" thing

take19
25-12-2007, 16:13
and my girlfriend broke up with me...

Dude =|

I got nothing this christmas cause i got an iPhone earlier on this year.. Shame it got broken and i haven't had it sent back to me!:mad:

The Keeper of Secrets
25-12-2007, 16:14
Digital camera of awesomeness

Mega telescope of going-to-be-so-helpful-during-my-physics-degree-if-I-decide-to-do-oneness

One of those electric glass globes with electric blue beams coming from the generator.

Rc helicopter

Other random stuff

Apart from that my dog's ill so that's a bit of a downer

Scanno
25-12-2007, 19:22
Fancy FCUK specs, my last ones were in desperate need of replacing, a few boxes o minis, a bunch o Pratchetts, Batman Begins on DVD, Unreal Tourney 3 (which rocks), lots of booze, and too much chocolate.

And my girlfriend emigrated a week ago. Woop.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
25-12-2007, 19:58
We haven't opened our presents here yet (that's saved 'til after Christmas dinner) but 'Santa' brought me (yes, I'm 20 and still have a stocking) archaeology books, self-help books :wtf: chocolate and socks so far.

Don't worry yourself Hen.

I'm 27, and my Mum still sends me an advent calendar every year!

Looking forward to belated Christmas smoochies with my girly though. Really miss her....:(

Angelwing
25-12-2007, 20:07
Well, I managed to get my peace and quiet, so a good year!

Vodevil
25-12-2007, 20:54
Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive Trilogy
Infernal Affairs Trilogy
4 Disc Blade Runner
Hot Fuzz
Hearts of Darkness - A filmmaker's Apocalypse

Lots of good movies to watch over the next week!

Fenriz
25-12-2007, 23:56
Looking forward to belated Christmas smoochies with my girly though. Really miss her....:(

Same boat im in, i dont see my girlfriend till friday.:cries:

HorgothTheGreat
25-12-2007, 23:58
Just a friendly thread, if this needs to be moved to General, please do so.

I recieved;

A Wave Serpent and 5 Dire Avengers
Striking Scorpions Boxed set
Warwalker
Codex Eldar
Along with various paints and brushes and a $40 gift card to my local game shop.

So fellow Warseers, what did you get?

Khorghan
26-12-2007, 00:04
An airbrush, cant wait to start painting up some models

HorgothTheGreat
26-12-2007, 00:08
Ahaha, i asked for one, didn't get it however. Hopefully I've got enough cash to go buy myself one now.

Nephilim of Sin
26-12-2007, 00:36
Well, our view (my girlfriend and myself) is that we are focusing on Christmas for her son, so we knew we wouldn't be able to afford anything for each other on Christmas. We agreed on it, in fact.

So, we love surpising each other. His main surprise, besides a lot of Haloclix ( which he didn't think he would get), was Rockband. I told him I was getting his mother an extremely nice leather computer chair, and told her that I grabbed the box from a buddy (because she was in on the surprise), so we could surprise him and hide Rockband in it. It worked, and he was completely shocked. And then I surprised my girlfriend with the actual computer chair that I had kept hidden.

She went on and on about how bad she felt, because she only got me a minikeg of Heineken (which was a great gift). She lamented on it for about an hour until there was the knock at the door; it was her friend holding a Fender Stratocaster, with amp, that my girlfriend had hidden from me to surprise me (and it did!).

So, by 'lying' to each other, we were able to make this a stellar Christmas, and make everything that much more special. This was perhaps the best Christmas I have had in a decade.

SharpSilver
26-12-2007, 00:51
Citadel mega paint set, plus case
3 Squads of Kasrkin Storm troopers
1 box of 3 Leman Russ Battle tanks
1 Hellhound
1 Command squad
3 teams of Heavy weapons
and £20 in vouchers xD

Soon more to come,

HorgothTheGreat
26-12-2007, 00:54
o_o
That's a lot of stuff. Bet that'll take awhile to get together.

jeremy1391
26-12-2007, 00:55
my wife went all out here is what she got me
2 baneblades
1emperors talon sentinal recon company
2 demolishers
1 imperial city
1 set of craters
1 set of big gun dice
apocalypse templates
1 new commisar!

needless to say i am an extremely happy camper, i got so much new stuff that i had to go purchase an army transport motor pool!

SharpSilver
26-12-2007, 00:58
hehe, I've just finished my hellhound And the first LMR, two squads of the stormtroopers just need their backpacks glued on and then I can prime them, but after that I've got to Assemble the command squad 1 more squad of Stormtroopers, 3 heavy weapons teams and 2 More Leman Russ BT.

I cant wait to use my mega paint set, haven't opened it yet ; )

Greatoliver
26-12-2007, 01:15
I got a Gorgon.

So I'm happy :D

sigur
26-12-2007, 01:18
Nothing. I still have more than enough stuff to paint. And so do you, guys. *looks around rigorously* :p

devolutionary
26-12-2007, 01:19
So, by 'lying' to each other, we were able to make this a stellar Christmas, and make everything that much more special. This was perhaps the best Christmas I have had in a decade.

Hah! That's awesome! My folks tried that once, but my Mum took the "no gift" thing quite seriously. I was with my Dad when he got her something, and when I asked her later about a gift for Dad and she affirmed the no present thing, I politely coughed and suggested she reconsider.

And hey! A girlfriend that gives you guitars? That's bad ass and a half!

devolutionary
26-12-2007, 01:20
Well I just built my Terminators and Masters of the Chapter, so I guess that says it all ;)

Arnizipal
26-12-2007, 01:20
I got a Gorgon.

So I'm happy :D
Don't look it in the eye! :eek:

devolutionary
26-12-2007, 01:24
I'm 27, and my Mum still sends me an advent calendar every year!

Haha what type did you get? My Mum got me a Finding Nemo one, while my brother got a Winnie the Pooh one ;)

We're 23 and 25 respectively. It's hilarious.

untimention
26-12-2007, 01:30
i got the WD subscription with ltd space marine thats all i asked for

i have far to much stuff and got models sat there waiting to be made up over the next week

hallowed_are_the_ori
26-12-2007, 02:49
Tool kit from GW that my parents got almost 50% off, some chocolate, a really sharp knife for cutting stuff for terrain, a stargate atlantis shirt, the usual.

Vanus
26-12-2007, 02:52
I got a new 50-200mm lens for my dSLR camera with UV and Polarizing filters to go with it
Giant book on how to use Photoshop CS3 in a photography context
Battlestar Galactica Season 1
2 copies of Heroes Season 1 (one of which will be returned for Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0)
Color Photo printer (has a cool little touch screen on it)
Some nice clothes.
I'll be using what money I have left in my coffers to find myself a decent Tripod for my camera.

And last week some guys on my university's Formula SAE team got me new lathe tooling and coolant, so I can turn out my parts in under an hour each! Take that steel!

Penitent
26-12-2007, 03:08
I got a new 50-200mm lens for my dSLR camera with UV and Polarizing filters to go with it
Giant book on how to use Photoshop CS3 in a photography context
Battlestar Galactica Season 1
2 copies of Heroes Season 1 (one of which will be returned for Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0)
Color Photo printer (has a cool little touch screen on it)
Some nice clothes.
I'll be using what money I have left in my coffers to find myself a decent Tripod for my camera.

What kind of dslr you using Vanus? I've been shooting with a Canon 20d for the past few years.

For Tripods, there's this company out of Hong Kong called Benro; makes excellent copies of Bogen/Manfrotto Carbon Fibers for something like $100-150 USD. A friend of mine has one and swears by it.

BSG ftw...the fiancee and I just finished Season 3...good stuff!

Lamhirh
26-12-2007, 03:25
Espresso machine, a pack of gourmet NZ honey and a Fuzzy Nation Dog Purse (Yellow Lab).

IncrediSteve
26-12-2007, 03:34
Fairly minimal for me this year.

Got a coat from Mother Dearest, a Camera and $250 from Father, $50 from Grandparents, $20 from other side Grandma, 2 movie tickets and a pen from my boss, new Demon Hunter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXktCbZzh8E) from one of my Half-girlfriends, Metalocalypse Season 1 DVD from a friend, and 1600 XBL points from another.

Hey wait a minute that's actually quite rad when you put it all together like that. Guess I was downplaying it in my head since I hadn't really wanted anything and wasn't in the mood for Christmas this year. I got T-shirts from Think Geek for all my friends.

Finally getting a Camera means I can start my Project logs again, and my out of state friend is coming up for a 4 day spree of 40k shenanigans, so it ought to turn out pretty excellent.

Vanus
26-12-2007, 03:51
What kind of dslr you using Vanus? I've been shooting with a Canon 20d for the past few years.

For Tripods, there's this company out of Hong Kong called Benro; makes excellent copies of Bogen/Manfrotto Carbon Fibers for something like $100-150 USD. A friend of mine has one and swears by it.

BSG ftw...the fiancee and I just finished Season 3...good stuff!

I'm shooting with a Pentax K100D. Just got it this summer, so I'm still finding my photographic groove. I got it mostly because it felt right in my hands (and small features like the internal shake reduction, internal autofocus motor, and compatibility with any k-mount pentax lens)

I'll look into that company, unfortunately, I don't really even have that kind of money for a tripod (I'm looking more into the ~$50 range of aluminums from Giottos and sunpack and such).

Gaius_Baltar
26-12-2007, 04:04
I didn't get anny GW stuff.. :(.
BUT I got a 7.2 mega-pixel digital camera:D

HorgothTheGreat
26-12-2007, 04:30
Well at least you can take nice pics of your GW stuff that you already have. :D

Penitent
26-12-2007, 04:31
I'm shooting with a Pentax K100D. Just got it this summer, so I'm still finding my photographic groove. I got it mostly because it felt right in my hands (and small features like the internal shake reduction, internal autofocus motor, and compatibility with any k-mount pentax lens)

I'll look into that company, unfortunately, I don't really even have that kind of money for a tripod (I'm looking more into the ~$50 range of aluminums from Giottos and sunpack and such).

Heard good things about the K100.

Personal advice: rather than buying a $50 tripod now, save longer and get a sturdier one. Those $50 aluminums barely give stability, and if your photo gear is remotely heavy (how heavy is that 50-200) you're almost better off hand-holding. The difference in quality between the cheap tripods and the higher end stuff is truly staggering.

fleshcross
26-12-2007, 05:32
I got:

A Baneblade
An airbrush
A set of golf clubs

My table is full for the next few months!

ImhotepMagi
26-12-2007, 06:04
I got the Citadel tool kit and the AT-43 Damocles box! :D

Tanith Ghost
26-12-2007, 06:06
I got a stealth suit squad. Whuch I will be using to make a chaos themed terrain peice in the form of three sacrificed tau. :evilgrin:

A13X
26-12-2007, 07:14
O.o ~ Some of you guys got heaps...

I got: The how to make terrain book (been wanting this for awhile now) and $150 of vouchers with which I'm going to get a TK battalion set. :)

The Guy
26-12-2007, 07:33
I got call of duty 4, the blackadder DVD thing with all four series, alien quadrilogy. high school musical 2!!![get the F in!] and some other things.

Ward.
26-12-2007, 08:46
Just realized I didn't add a list, so here goes:

Deodorant/ shower gel from relatives (got an ozzfest dvd from my aunt)
Some money that will go towards a skaven army box, some ink or what ever.
some other random stuff and a lightning orb that reacts to music :)
kinda slight this year.

unclejimbo827
26-12-2007, 09:57
Ork spearhead and a codex (not sure how my mom got the book early)

saddist
26-12-2007, 10:00
I've got Valleho paint set, and Be'Lakor with 2 left legs :/

Mr Kibbles
26-12-2007, 10:33
Apoc rulebook
The Armour of Contempt, softback.
Only in Death.
chimera and Imperial guard box, which I'll procrastinate on ALOT.
40K Basing kit (too much sticky resin peices that need to be washed!)
Money up to AUD $170 (which I may/maynot spend on 40k)
Halo: The Fall of Reach.

Ragsta
26-12-2007, 10:51
Hmmm, I'm worried about the potentially destructive combination of a Baneblade, airbrush and golf clubs, fleshcross! Don't get frustrated working on that l'il beauty now ;)

Munchy
26-12-2007, 10:59
I recieved a 7.2 megapixel camera, an armoured fist squad, and another Baneblade, which I am considering what to do with :D also an engraved pocketwatch, amongst other things :)

DaHedd
26-12-2007, 11:28
I got a Baneblade.

My son got the Tau £50 box deal.

BB will have to wait til i repaint my LRuss , working on new paint scheme as i type.

crandall87
26-12-2007, 11:35
Nothing lol I have far too much to paint as it is.

Sinisterfence
26-12-2007, 11:46
the only thing that can relate to GW stuff is a 10 Megapixel camera w/ Macro, so when I start logs here or on Relic, I might actually be able to finish them!
got a shed load of stuff to paint as it is, so I think a Blood Angels log on here is required :)

harlequin21
26-12-2007, 11:52
4 Xbox games - COD 4, Mass Effect, Ace Combat 6 and Kayne & lynch
Down - Over The Under
Municipal waste - Art of Partying
Led Zepplin - Mothership
and 2 t-shirts, one of which is yet to arrive though.....

Merry Christmas all!

Sylass
26-12-2007, 12:01
Let's see...

4x blue/white towels (2 different sizes),
1x new frying pan,
2x new cooking pot,
1x ticket for the lottery,
1x book (from the Dragonlance series),
2x eau de toilette.

Yeah, sucks getting old, you only get useful stuff once you reached a certain age. :p

*update*
added another cooking pot and eau de toilette...

Bloodthirster90
26-12-2007, 12:13
I got only one GW product and I had to ask for that. The Masters of the Chapter box. I was extremely annoyed at the lack of a 5th company master though, since we never seem to get anything.
No fluff
No models
Heck, I've never even seen any other people doing the 5th company!

Crube
26-12-2007, 12:14
heh, 1 thing i didnt get, that I wanted, was a potato Ricer....

It sucks getting old - you start to want useful stuff when you reach a certain age....

EmMeTt
26-12-2007, 12:28
Damn. I wish I was as lucky as you fellas.

All i got was a Wii, which my sister and Dad are playing as I type. Not complaining though...

Vengance
26-12-2007, 13:32
Well i got everything i asked for which is great :D

1 Leman Russ Squadron
1 Leman Russ Demolisher
1 Hellhound
1 Sentinel
1 Imperial Sector
1 BfSP
1 Dwarf army book
1 Large GW carry case
1 GW Hobby tool set

Vengance

The Laughing Man!
26-12-2007, 19:34
All I got that is GW related is a Baneblade that I have just finished building, I was going to Orkify it but I just couldn't bring myself to defile such a great model.

So it looks like I'm starting guard. The wads of cash I've received should help in that department;)

Vanus
26-12-2007, 22:54
Heard good things about the K100.

Personal advice: rather than buying a $50 tripod now, save longer and get a sturdier one. Those $50 aluminums barely give stability, and if your photo gear is remotely heavy (how heavy is that 50-200) you're almost better off hand-holding. The difference in quality between the cheap tripods and the higher end stuff is truly staggering.

Thanks for the advice. I just got back from examining things at the photo shops, I'm pretty convinced about a Manfrotto 715 (~$90 retail). I'm now searching online for the best price I can find.

The 50-200 isn't all that heavy, and I've found that, depending on the light, I have a hard time keeping it still enough at 200mm, even with the shake reduction.

Aaron
26-12-2007, 23:12
I got an injury-free Ledley King and a 5-1 thrashing of Fulham. Fantastic. :)

The Laughing Man!
26-12-2007, 23:50
I got:

A Baneblade, Johnny got his gun, Nevermore (a collection of the works of Edgar Allan Poe), The League Of Gentlemen box set, Indiana Jones box set, Family Guy season 2&3, and The Box Of The Banned, a collection of six previously banned video nasties including: I Spit On Your Grave, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Driller Killer, Evil Dead, the Last House On he Left, And Nightmares of a Damaged Brain.

Along with just shy of £300 and copious amounts of chocolates and cheeses.

Not a bad hall.

One thing I wish I had got was my brother in laws remote control micro helicopter. He is 32.

Upstartes
27-12-2007, 00:35
My buddy, the master-painter of our gaming group, will be painting a squad of veteran space marines for me. Considering that a) he's a hell of a lot better at painting than I am, and b) I hate painting, it's a sweet present.

Hicks
27-12-2007, 00:40
I got a Baneblade, a bathrobe and high-end aftershave from my girlfriend. I was really happy to get the baneblade since it's the kind of thing I really wanted, but would probably never buy for myself.

My brother got me a squad of assault terminators, originaly he was also getting me a baneblade, but after a discussion with my GF he got me termies.

My parents got me a PowerShot SX100 IS Canon digicam. I don't know much about cameras, but it seems to be a lot better than what I was expecting to get. I also got a memory card for the cam.

The inlaws got me a ticket to go see a humor show. I'm really looking forward to go see that.

I also received a lot of candies.

As an added bonus, a friend I was visiting gave me a bunch of Empire minis he was going to throw away.

thegnome
27-12-2007, 01:02
All seven seasons of The West Wing was a gift I'm very grateful for, as were both of Alan Alda's books, but it's also the mandoline and baking stone that I'm finding myself looking at.

blackdog
27-12-2007, 02:46
My wife gave me an Emperor's Fist Tank Company :D
Something I wanted but wasn't going to buy for myself e.g. the perfect present.

dave40k
27-12-2007, 04:41
GW
2 boxes of Long Fangs (mom only meant to get 1)
Venerable Dreadnought
How to build wargames terrain book
Battle for skull pass
paint brush set

books:
3 lovecraft books
ultimate hitchhikers guide
enders game
zombie survival guide

games:
smackdown v raw 08
call of duty 4
ssx blur
orange box
mass effect
guitar hero 2
2 psp games

$500

blanket my girlfriend made me

other random stuff

seems like a lot but... oh wait theres no way to justify it. my mom likes going crazy on xmas and now that its just me and her i guess she picked up the slack of what she usually gets my siblings and bought more for me. the money is from my dad and grandma, and im using it to get new tires and some paints and warmachine stuff. This xmas was awesome and i will be busy for a very long, long time

The UnNamed One
27-12-2007, 04:58
All i got warhammer related was the large army case, but i did get a few PS2 games, couple of books, enough chocolate/lollies to feed me till next X-mas, and pleanty cash as well - 'Nid army here i come.

vice
27-12-2007, 07:44
Comissar with a bolt pistol and a Tomb King.

And a pot of Brown Ink.

I wanted the 'nid battleforce and a Russ, but this is still awesome...

Hicks
27-12-2007, 09:33
My GF got me a Baneblade for my steel legion!!! My brother also got me a squad of assault terminators I really look forward to paint. My parent bought me a very nice digicam, so I will finally be able to start a log on here :).

teh_soldier
27-12-2007, 10:10
It was my birthday as well, so I've got a Laptop, 3 Xbox 360 games, some DVDs, a few shirts, miscellaneous shirts and about £500. Oh, Seige Of Vraks as well :D

IncrediSteve
27-12-2007, 14:54
My out of state friend got me The Orange Box for 360 when he showed up as well, good stuff. He was hoping I already had it so he could keep it for himself, but I foiled those plans :evilgrin:. I found a NIB 3rd edition metal Carnifex for $10 at a sale, so that was his gift.

He was supposed to have finished painting his Tyranids *last* year, so as ongoing punishment while I'm at work today, he's imprisoned in my apartment undercoating my Eldar. [Or probably just playing my 360. Slacker.]

Codsticker
27-12-2007, 15:27
I got long underwear and coffee.

iFelix
27-12-2007, 15:31
I got only one GW product and I had to ask for that. The Masters of the Chapter box.

I was luckier, I asked for one box of those and I got two...

heretics bane
27-12-2007, 16:26
Box set of the mighty boosh, best show ever along with Family guy season 6

slaaneshes_own
01-01-2008, 23:34
Got a High Elf dragon kit
A Wind-up torch (being kept in my glove-box)
A 6 LED torch - being kept in my toolbox
Chocolate - unfeasible amounts
Russel Brand's autobiography (Cheers Josh!)
Anatomy for Artists - by some random dude to help me draw / sculpt.
#110.

Gonna wait and see what goodness my birthday at the end of the month brings along.

Joe

Soulless Enigma
02-01-2008, 10:08
I got far too many World of Darkness books (8 of 'em)
Slipknot- Iowa (don't crucify me)
Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May (please don't crucify me)
Couple of novels
300 (yay)
Money (always useful - new Orkz here I come!)
And a book on dinosaurs from my aunt who still seems to think I'm 4.

Not a bad haul, all-in-all.

Jellicoe
02-01-2008, 11:09
Game - Cruiser Warfare by Avalanche Press (1st 6months of the war at sea 14-18)
DVD - Ivan the Terrible pts1-2 by Eisenstein
Book - Siege of Vraks
Book - Naval Warfare in the English Channel 1939-45
CDs - B-52's

very pleased and looking forward to hunting down Von Spee and his cruisers

RevEv
02-01-2008, 14:02
Talisman - fantastic
Thunderers - from my boys, good choice.
Furry Handcuffs!:angel: