PDA

View Full Version : magic. nurgle or death?

nurgle_boy
20-09-2005, 17:49
right, for my beats army, i want to take a few shamans, namely, 2.

the thing is, the mark of nurgle on each, is setting me back more points than a beastman chariot!

a good 90pts that can be spent elsewhere!

now, to keep in line with the corrupt and rotting feel, im thinking maybe have them unmarked, but using lore of death.
or even, the lore of shadows....

metro_gnome
20-09-2005, 19:23
death is pants...
i like shadows...

nurgle is ok... but if the mark is costing u too much... go shadow...
remember that the mark also gives you fear and +1W... which are nothing to sneeze at...
unless one of the diseases you have is the common cold...

Griefbringer
20-09-2005, 19:53
Well, since you call yourself nurgle_boy, I think there is really only one way to go here. It might not be the most points-effective, but there is something to be found in playing with style.

Latro
20-09-2005, 20:12
Well, since you call yourself nurgle_boy, I think there is really only one way to go here. It might not be the most points-effective, but there is something to be found in playing with style.

I'll second that.

If you want papa Nurgle to be on your side, then there's no fudging due to point-efficiency when it comes to flavour ;)

:cool:

Garanaul the Black
21-09-2005, 08:18
In the current incarnation of my Nurgle army, my Demon (Exalted) has the MoN and (surprise!) uses the Lore of Nurgle but I also have a level 2 sorcerer who uses either Death or Shadows. Try using one each for flexibility, Nurgle for one of your shamen (gotta love those no armor save spells!) and your choice (depending on your opponant or mood) of the other, for pure killing power go Death, or Shadows for misdirection and hi-jinks.

J

nurgle_boy
21-09-2005, 08:50
hmm.. i guess i could stick with nurgle...

all those lovely spells (namely pestilence) would be fun, and against anything with a reasonable armour save...

the only thing is you cant roll 7's on a 1D6 hits spell...
its silly favoured number to have when your casting D6 hits spells :rolleyes:

the only problem i have now, is my general may have to be undevided, so he can go in a chariot, as it seems nurgle cant...

i might see what my gaming buddies think, if theyle let me put him in a chaos warrior chariot, or just scrap the mark of undivided for a tuskgor one, or even let me add the mark of nurgle to the chariot...

would that be fair?

EDIT: father nurgle will be proud of -Ed. he dug out a wording saying that i can have a tuskgor chariot with the mark of nurgle!

my lord has a mount!

squiggoth
21-09-2005, 14:29
EDIT: father nurgle will be proud of -Ed. he dug out a wording saying that i can have a tuskgor chariot with the mark of nurgle!

my lord has a mount!

Tuskgor Chariots can only be Undivided or un-marked ... But that last option allows you to put a character with any Mark in it. It's the only reason why there's an option for giving chariots a free Mark of Undivided in the first place. ;)

Owww, and always give your characters the Mark of Nurgle. Fooling around with Undecided armies is voor them squeamish Tzeentch-fondlers. :D

metro_gnome
21-09-2005, 16:09
there is no option to give the tuskagor chariot the mark of undivided...
it has the mark of undivided in its unit entry... there is no "unmarked" option...
this is by design...

Makaber
21-09-2005, 16:12
Tuskgor Chariots can only be Undivided or un-marked ... But that last option allows you to put a character with any Mark in it.

Sure about that? Goes against everything I've heard in the past.

Back on topic: The Lore of Nurgle is very underrated and in my eyes way up there with the best. And the notion that it's "wrong" to have an undivided general leading an army including a few Nurgle-followers is completely unbased.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
21-09-2005, 19:11
the tuskgor chariotsa are undinvided and nothing else.
if you get unseen lurker and you have staff of darkoth then you'll charge a lot!!
death is nice and killy. doom and darkness, if used possible is devestating, if u get and cast it.
is ur army nurgle, if it is use nurgle if its undivided have maybe one nurgle just for scabs or whatever the stat lowering one is.

User Name
22-09-2005, 04:14
Take one with nurgle and one with shadows and goretooth, gove the nurgle guy a spell farmiliar. Chances are he is going to get at least one, probably 2 sweet spells. I love nurgle lore, but the charicter targeting spells arent that great, its major flaw is that the first spell sucks.

User Name
22-09-2005, 04:17
Take one with nurgle and one with shadows and goretooth, gove the nurgle guy a spell farmiliar. Chances are he is going to get at least one, probably 2 sweet spells. I love nurgle lore, but the charicter targeting spells arent that great, its major flaw is that the first spell sucks.

The second guy has bears anger and if he wants steed of shadows, give him a power stone abd he can fly 30 inches into combat and wreak something like a war machine or small units. Imagine what he could do to wood elfs, just watch out for dispell scroll.

Makaber
22-09-2005, 04:25
On a hunch, I'd say a powerstone could be neat on a nurgle shaman. There's so many spells that work well together, so you might sneak off a nasty surprise, since nobody really expect powerstones to be used.

Also, without really knowing what I'm talking about, I'd take two Nurgle-shamans, one with the Staff of Darkoth so you still get a movement spell (for the same reasons as the above).

Also, be aware that there's nothing preventing you from stacking Pestilence twice or more on the same unit.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
23-09-2005, 20:59
you good use the plague chalice as nurgle people have more wounds.

nurgle_boy
24-09-2005, 09:11
hmm.. i can see nurgle working better, with the staff of dakroth.
ill probebly drop the trolls, freeing up a good 300points. enough for 2 more chariots, and to mark them (if i use the loophole), or increase my centigor unit sizes...

Latro
24-09-2005, 13:32
hmm.. i can see nurgle working better, with the staff of dakroth.
ill probebly drop the trolls, freeing up a good 300points. enough for 2 more chariots, and to mark them (if i use the loophole), or increase my centigor unit sizes...

I wouldn't really call it a loophole ... it's more like wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Makaber
24-09-2005, 16:56
As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking.

You can not mark beastmen chariots with anything but the Mark of Chaos Undivided. Accordingly, you can not mount any other character than a Lord character with the Mark of Chaos Undivided.

This is probably (and this is just wild speculation on my behalf) because marked beastmen chariots would make Mortal chariots largely redundant. Sure, having a 3+ save is nifty, but chariots are there for one reason: Impact hits. Of the two, beastmen chariots is clearly the most cost efficient one. Allowing it to take marks would stip the Mortal ones of their only advantage.

However, this call was made sometime during the final stages of the playtesting process, where the book had started taking shape. Thus, any mentions of beast chariots with marks were removed, or so they though. A few artifacts of the previous draft remained, and in addition, there was the problems regarding characters in said chariots, which were left unadressed. So I believe it was the purpose to allow any character to ride a chariots, however due to short-sightedness, the rules forbid this. Let's just hope it's improved upon in the future.