PDA

View Full Version : Will my computer be able to run this game?

Bretonnian Lord
26-12-2007, 02:50
I'm thinking of getting C&C: Tiberium Wars. My computer has a 1800+ AMD Athalon Processor (1.49 ghz), 768 mb of RAM, 128 mb video card, and 47 gb of free space.

Will my computer

A) Be able to run Tiberium Wars
and
B) IF it can, how fast/well can my computer run it?

Thanks!

RavenMorpheus
26-12-2007, 04:13
Without sounding like a git i'd say - no chance. Check out this site (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest), it should tell you if you can run it.

My laptop is an Acer 9300 with an AMD Turion 64 (2.2ghz cpu) with 1.75gb of RAM (2gb officially - don't ask Vista docks some gb for system usage I suppose) and an nVidia gpu with up to 258mb of RAM albeit shared and it will only just run C & C Tiberium Wars at the lowest graphical settings.

Good luck :)

Wintermute
26-12-2007, 08:57
I'm thinking of getting C&C: Tiberium Wars.

Why not download the demo from here (http://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?searchtype=2&q=tiberium+wars+demol)?

And I suspect you will be able to run the game without any problems.

Wintermute

Bretonnian Lord
26-12-2007, 14:17
Ah, went onto that site you posted Raven and I failed at processing speed and video card.

And I don't have a fileplanet account so I can't download the demo and see if the "fail" assessment is true.

Guess I'll have to give this game a pass for now. :( Thanks for the help guys!

athamas
26-12-2007, 14:40
file planet accounts are free...

RavenMorpheus
26-12-2007, 19:32
Well don't give up on it, try www.gamespot.com for a free demo or just google for one, there are loads of sites out there that host the demo, it may still run but won't be pretty and may well suffer with speed issues, give the demo a go anyway to make sure, then if the demo works buy the game.

I would say though that system requirements lab is usually accurate, especially if you fail the minimum spec test...

Wintermute
26-12-2007, 20:37
I think you'll find the game will run without any problems, ok it may be on the lowest resolution, but it will run.

Bretonnian Lord
27-12-2007, 01:27
I don't want to register for anything though. Already got a ton of spam and junk filling up my email account.:mad:

I'll check out gamespot and some demos. :)

Kulgur
27-12-2007, 06:53
That is why you get a spare email account with say hotmail and use that to sign up for things ;)

Wintermute
27-12-2007, 06:54
Then sign up for the account but don't sign up for the newsletters ;)