PDA

View Full Version : Forge World this Christmas

Norminator
25-12-2007, 10:56
I just thought I'd make a thread to gauge how people have found any forgeworld stuff they got for Christmas. We all know how snowed under they were, so I'm interested to see if people have found whether quality has stayed the same, and whether they got the things they wanted in time.

I personally ordered three Ryza exterminator turrets, two vanquisher, one demolisher, a destroyer tank hunter and a Commissar tank commander. I haven't meticulously inspected them yet, but from what I can see they all seem to be top notch casts (not a sign of warpage even on the long Vanquisher cannons). However, Forgeworld did manage to mislabel the boxes (got my hopes up by saying they'd packaged four exterminator turrets ;)) when in fact they'd given me two exterminator and two demolisher :rolleyes: Guess I'll be phoning them soon.

Despite the warnings about stock levels, I got the order quite quickly - I ordered around the 2nd and they came less than a fortnight later, albeit in two separate packages as they became available.

Once again I'm quite impressed with Forgeworld overall, what about the rest of you?

Crube
25-12-2007, 11:14
It did take about a fortnight for my AI rule book to come, and that was before the publicised delays. To be fair though, the gy on the phone dd warn me... but how difficult is it to pack 1 book, which by his own admission, was in stock...

Ah well, I know they have to deal with everything in the order the orders were placed...

Norminator
25-12-2007, 15:09
Aargh, infuriatingly the Destroyer does not come with any instructions or even a photo of the back, and I cannot work out which way the little strip goes around (the one between the top and bottom parts of the hull). Anyway who can help?

Wing Commander
25-12-2007, 19:17
You guys should think yourselves lucky, it's now Xmas day and I don't have a Xmas prezzie... :mad:
My Orky Fighta bomma has never landed despite being ordered in November and paid for weeks and weeks ago....

Norminator
25-12-2007, 19:55
Bad luck - I take it you'll be phoning Forgeworld when they open?

After hours of assembly attempts, I've slightly changed my opinion. The Destroyer is a bitch of a model to build - the instructions are non existent (a couple of small, grainy photocopied pictures and not even a parts list) and the components do not seem to fit very well.

Demonrich
25-12-2007, 20:39
Just finished sticking together my trygon. It was the best cast model I have ever had. Almost flawless... the only problem was that they gave me too many of one type of the tiny spikes and not enough of another. I was able to mix and match to make it ok though.

I've had a quick look over my hierophant and it seems to be in pretty good condition too. A little bit of greenstuff and hairdryer work, but nothing serious. The hierophant only arrived yesterday, which was nice seeming as I was told not to expect it until late January or February.

freelancer
26-12-2007, 07:11
This christmas im getting a Forge World Thunderbolt (which im going to get some time after new years eve:cries:)

freelancer

Wing Commander
26-12-2007, 09:50
You know, for a company who charge Rolls Royce prices Forge world really do suck! They have some of the worst customer service out there, don't appear to have much business sense (oohhh.... GW bring out Apocalpyse and we get a rush on at Xmas... didn't see that one coming! doh!) and although their models are very very cool the actual build and production quality is absolutely garbage.
And before everybody says, oh but its resin - I personally know at least 3-4 other resin manufacturers who each produce far less expensive, far heavier and far superior kits in every way ; resin finish, mold quality, delivery time, kits washed before delivery, little or no holes & warping, actually fit together without a dedicated workshop, etc, etc. The only key difference is that Forge World produce the GW range which really is awesome and have better detailing (when they don't mess it up that is) on their kits than the majority of Resin casters in wargames. (with a few notable exceptions)

Everett
26-12-2007, 13:57
You know, for a company who charge Rolls Royce prices Forge world really do suck! They have some of the worst customer service out there, don't appear to have much business sense (oohhh.... GW bring out Apocalpyse and we get a rush on at Xmas... didn't see that one coming! doh!) and although their models are very very cool the actual build and production quality is absolutely garbage.
And before everybody says, oh but its resin - I personally know at least 3-4 other resin manufacturers who each produce far less expensive, far heavier and far superior kits in every way ; resin finish, mold quality, delivery time, kits washed before delivery, little or no holes & warping, actually fit together without a dedicated workshop, etc, etc. The only key difference is that Forge World produce the GW range which really is awesome and have better detailing (when they don't mess it up that is) on their kits than the majority of Resin casters in wargames. (with a few notable exceptions)

hit the nail on the head there mate - the only reason I still intend to order from them is because of the sculpts being bespoke to 40k. Saying that, the sculptors are top notch.

Deamon-forge
26-12-2007, 14:29
i recived most of my FW goodies for xmas, just not 1 model, a cyclops remote demo tank. but oh well. Somthing els to look forward to.

cazzz669
04-01-2008, 19:00
has the forgeworld site gone down or is it just me

Deamon-forge
09-01-2008, 13:19
has the forgeworld site gone down or is it just me

just you,

So any one recived there later xmas pressis yet?
i havnt.

Norminator
09-01-2008, 17:01
just you,

So any one recived there later xmas pressis yet?
i havnt.

I phoned up on the 27th about my missing turret, and it came on the 4th.