PDA

View Full Version : best competative army

lector#1
26-12-2007, 09:45
in your oppinion out the the following armies what army is the most leathal on the field

wood elves (orion with atleast 3 units of 5 wild riders army)
high elves (dragon prince and swordmaster army)
high elves (white lions and pheonix guard army)
wood elves (tree spirits army)
wood elves (wardancer heavy army)
high elves (mage heavy army)
wood elves (spell weaver army)

please advise because im stuck in between all of these choices and have no clue on what to go for

Ward.
26-12-2007, 10:00
Out of all of them against each other as well, the treemonic legion, because it can be consistently competitive against most other army builds. That and as fun as magic heavy armys are they get a little repetitive after a while. just my 2 cents.

Disciple of Caliban
26-12-2007, 14:31
Agreed, the forest spirit heavy army is certainly the most rounded competitive build, and would fare much better on a tournament scene than any of the other wood elf options. Incidenently, i run a WE Wild hunt army with Orion, 12 wild riders, 16 glade riders, and a few other elements, against the right armies its very powerful, but its too much of a 1 (ok, 28) trick pony, so against certain armies it can really struggle, particularly Khorne armies, they get too many attacks, and perform even better the more models they have in combat, regardless of the fact your in their flank and or rear. Sure, you can make them chase you all day, but to get a decisive win (and a fun game) you need to win a few combats, and against Khorne thats very difficult.

As for High elves, its hard to say how competitive they will be, certainly, on the right board the 2 dragon army could be lethal, on the other hand, against a gunline on a relatively open table they wont make it past turn 2. it will be a while before people figure out all the 'best' ways of using the HE, just like it always is with a new army.

david404
27-12-2007, 10:11
the best army how i never sow losing is a wood elves army thet have a
treeman lord and a normal treemen a bsb thet was wallking between them 2 spell singers 3 units of 8 dancers and 4 units of 8 dryeds