PDA

View Full Version : A question on casting magic

Major Boothroid
20-09-2005, 21:35
Hello. Hears a quick questionthat came up tonight. Can a wizard cast spells if hes engaged in combat, the question came up in the context of casting canflaguration of doom. The spell says that no line of sight is needed and its not a magic missile. Was this allowed or not?

Thanks

Lossion
20-09-2005, 21:41
yeah, he can. Unless it states specifically cannot be cast while in combat, he can cast anything that isnt a magic missle or needs LOS.

Eldaron
20-09-2005, 22:56
Well, he CAN cast spells that require LOS, but obviously only on the unit he is engaged with (which means he can cast it only if the spell can be cast into CC)

Warlord Gnashgrod
21-09-2005, 02:40
Well, some spells can only BE cast in hth combat. The Necromatic spell, Hand Of Dust, for example.

Although the interesting thing about Hand Of Dust is that it says this spell can EVEN be cast while the wizard is in Close combat, which would seem to imply that you otherwise cannot cast while in hth.

But I believe it's been clarified in an FAQ that the only spells that can't be cast while in hth combat are magic missle type spells.

Festus
21-09-2005, 07:57
Hi

Well, some spells can only BE cast in hth combat. The Necromatic spell, Hand Of Dust, for example.

HoD can be cast anytime, INCLUDING while the Necromancer is in h-t-h.
But you can also cast it five turns early, as it is a *remains in play* - spell.

Greetings
Festus

nurgle_boy
21-09-2005, 09:04
Hi

HoD can be cast anytime, INCLUDING while the Necromancer is in h-t-h.
But you can also cast it five turns early, as it is a *remains in play* - spell.

Greetings
Festus

it also becomes a very useless necromancer for those turns :rolleyes:

only non magic missles, and those thatsay they canbe cast in combat, can be.

from what i can remember-
'Eadbutt, as long as you can see the character in question
hand of dust, burning sword, yadda, yadda, yadda- already mentioned
spells that affect combat-it would say.

theblklotus
21-09-2005, 23:18
This is a problem questions that i run into alot... and to say the least... they are VERY unhappy when I create zombies right behind them from a necro in cc...

Izram
23-09-2005, 00:20
id figuere that they are happy because your necro has found his way into combat. Even the worst troops can kill a necro in combat in 1-2 turns.