PDA

View Full Version : Lonely steel.

RUSSADER
26-12-2007, 23:20
This is something that has alway boggled my mind.

One of the original Thousand Sons who were no blessed with the gift of magic becomes a walking tin can. After centuries of fighting something happens that leaves him stranded on a distant plannet all alone. A few hundred years pass and he discovers a Necron by tripping on it and accidentally activating him....

What happens?

Edit: I don't mean perversly eigther.

ctsteel
27-12-2007, 02:16
hey I'm not lonely, I have friends.... :p

On topic: probably they perceive each other as a threat and open fire, as even without instructions from above, an alien being with weapons standing right next to you is not going to be regarded as friendly or conducive to survival. And I would imagine survival and elimination of hostile beings within perception range, to be a 'default' setting for both necron and thousand son rubric marine.

RUSSADER
27-12-2007, 03:00
I just ask this because Necrons attack all LIVING things. The thousand son would have a soul but might not look alive but more like another construct. Having a soul, the Tson might actually be lonely,and as human nature goes, might not open fire unless fired upon.

I know, it was just a silly thought, but for all those playing Apoc games it might be acceptable to play as Necrons Allied with Thousand Sons.

Dragonlv8
27-12-2007, 03:13
Would be funny if they became friends and went on an adventure killing Eldar and Imperials together and make a story lol

HorgothTheGreat
27-12-2007, 13:57
Bob the Necron and Larry the Rubric Marine....
Sounds like a great tale to share around the campfire.

Gorbad Ironclaw
27-12-2007, 15:10
The thousand son would have a soul but might not look alive but more like another construct. Having a soul, the Tson might actually be lonely,and as human nature goes, might not open fire unless fired upon.

He wouldn't really look any different from any other marine, and the Necrons don't seem to have a problem fighting them.

And a lonely Chaos Marine? They are not exactly known to be tenderhearted guys looking for companionship and long walks by the sea.

Both are going to see an armed alien warrior, something that's almost certainly hostile, and that really leaves very little room to talk. The one who stops to talk, is the one who gets shot.

Ko Improbable
27-12-2007, 15:24
My $0.02:

As I understand it, neither Necron Warriors nor Rubric Marines are capable of independent thought. The Rubric Marine would only be wandering the planet if its last instruction wasn't yet fulfilled and it was trying to do so.

I'm not even sure the Necron would do much if the Rubric Marine activated it. Chances are, it would notice that there's only one, and it's not alive, notify the Necron Lord of the thing and then go back to standby.

Dr Cuddles
27-12-2007, 17:25
George the Necron and Lenny the Thousand Son.

Sounds Charming.

Im pretty sure Geo-, Err, The Necron, would open fire and annihilate the marine.

Klomster
27-12-2007, 18:05
I think that ko improbable has the most correct view on the matter.