PDA

View Full Version : Tryanid Hunters are here!

Imus
15-04-2005, 23:59
I sure this has been said if so pls remove it but there are now coming soon Tyranid hunter models for te ultra marines, no pics yet but to be relased in the next 6 weeks give or take bit.

What do you ppl think then? Even more marines to combat the growing nid menace>?

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 00:04
where did you get this from?

they are doing them, but in 6-8 weeks, thats a bit surprising that no info on them got out form a redshirt

autogarybot
16-04-2005, 00:10
this may just be semantics, but "here" and "6 weeks" aren't really the same thing. on top of that, no pictures but models in 6 weeks sounds a little odd to me, seeing as how everything makes their rounds on the internet waaaay before models are ever released.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 00:13
agreed, and BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of portent, visit the wastes for maximum random

inquisitorautry
16-04-2005, 00:28
They can probably turn out the molds for the nid hunters pretty quickly. Afterall, they already have all the parts with the tyranid and SM plastics. It would just become a matter of putting the stuff together and making the mold. I know I'm probably leaving out parts of the model-making process, but it should be quicker than making the parts from scratch.

JP/AT
16-04-2005, 03:32
3 Squads of them please :) ... If its 6-8 weeks I am surprised they arent on Advance order... ahhh the Alpha Legion is still working well :).

therisnosaurus
16-04-2005, 04:08
I think he actually means the pics are to be released in the next 6-8 weeks not the models. note that the nid hunters aren't on any of the release schedules, so I think they're to be released a little later down the track but we'll get our first previews soonish

twisted_mentat
16-04-2005, 05:19
I'd rather just get a new tactical squad, and some Tyrnaid extended carapace peices, combine them, and bam.....

Crisis
16-04-2005, 05:31
I reckon the 'nid Hunters will come out at around Christmas.

Black DH templ.
16-04-2005, 21:36
If this is true, why would they make an article on how to convert them on their site. I don't think there will be any models for them in 4th ed.

Maybe he's talking about the Calgar squad?

Hymirl
16-04-2005, 21:41
This is supposed to be a rumour? Oh! let me have a go at making something up as well.

Um.. they're going to make Harliquins again, in plastic, and ally them to chaos! They come out in 6 to 8 weeks oviously.

boogle
16-04-2005, 21:45
I saw the GW release shedule at my local Indy retailler yesterday (the things I get to see there), I think that the release date for the Nid Hunters Box is the 18th of June, same day as the 10 Space Marine Combat Squad, give or take a week either way

Killgore
16-04-2005, 21:48
Heh typical portent reaction..... "Oh lookz some1z postd a new rumor, but he az 0 post count... He must be lying, Lets Flame him!"

Wow cool, I hope these Tyranid hunters rumor comes out to be true, as I like new gw models for my Ultras ^_^

boogle
16-04-2005, 21:51
well i think that fact that i've seen the actual release date and price should lend him a lot of respectability (I'll get the exact info on Tuesday as to squad box size and actual cost as well as verification of the release date)

Hymirl
16-04-2005, 21:55
Heh typical portent reaction..... "Oh lookz some1z postd a new rumor, but he az 0 post count... He must be lying, Lets Flame him!"

In case you hadn't noticed everyone has really low post counts, and its really nothing to do with it anyway. Simply saying "its going to happen" is pretty pointless, but hey don't like you have to listen to me *checks watch* isn't it time to get excited about the eldar's new rending weapons again?

Incidently it would be nice if they where made (as with all unmodelled units), I'd bet they cost silly money if they do.
Hymirl.

Edit: Since boogle provides a reason why he thinks it'll happen it makes me more likely to belive him than any number of posts he may or may not have made.

boogle
16-04-2005, 22:09
not thinks knows because i've seen it with my own 2 eyes (mainly because it was a ray of Space Marine sunshine in a sea of Nid Releases

Lord Setra
16-04-2005, 22:29
Yeah we probably might see the nid hunters round about the summer to go inline with the summer campaign that they are quitly running during the summer.

boogle
16-04-2005, 22:30
which funnliy enough is what i predicted on the old Portent

Baggers
16-04-2005, 23:14
The Nid Hunter models are on the sixth month release list, and apperently look quite nice. However when there exact release is I don't know but I reckon it will be sometime within the three months when the new nids are released.

Baggers
16-04-2005, 23:15
well i think that fact that i've seen the actual release date and price should lend him a lot of respectability (I'll get the exact info on Tuesday as to squad box size and actual cost as well as verification of the release date)

From what I have been told there is at least four or five and so looking at the same cost as the Veteran squad.

boogle
16-04-2005, 23:21
hopefully, 1 of these models will look like the artwork

JP/AT
16-04-2005, 23:30
Sorry the thread starter but Boogle is usually spot on :)...

Anyway Nid Hunters 3 Squads please :)... Have to agree there Boogle like the artwork would be sweet for the Stg of the squad... Get another Tactical Squad led by Cassius its a winning tema for Ultras vs Nids I hope :P

boogle
16-04-2005, 23:33
hopefully they'll do a Bat Rep featuring a Nid Hunter Squad, Cassius and a load of Nids (plus some other Ultras thrwon in there for flavour - for the Nids that is!!!!)

twisted_mentat
17-04-2005, 03:04
hopefully, 1 of these models will look like the artwork

Alas, Poor Hormagaunt, i knew him...

Baggers
17-04-2005, 09:48
If someone can show us (mainly me) the artwork i could possiably see if the models are similar.

boogle
17-04-2005, 10:10
its in the SM Codex on the Nid Hunters page, there is a pic of a veteran with a knife in his hand, who looks really sweet

Baggers
17-04-2005, 10:22
I don't think so, from what I have been told there has been several changes with the concepts so I don;t know what the final thing will look like.

boogle
17-04-2005, 10:23
shame ecause that picture in model form would have been great, lets hope they don't look more like Chaplain Cassius though

Cypher
17-04-2005, 10:28
Wow, talk about coming out of left field. Have to say Im excited by this news, and a tad surprised. Then again, Devastators only appeared on Sneak Peek a few weeks back, and they're already on Advanced Order, so anythings possible I guess.

C'mon people: who has a pic?

boogle
17-04-2005, 10:46
Apparently in the Uk, we aren't getting a big release for the Tac, Assault and Devastator squads, they are just going to get slowly phased in as the other stock disappears, as they do not figure on any release schedule that I've seen

BTW Nu Gaming have the releases listed up until the 11th of June: http://www.nugaming.co.uk/html/news.html i can now confidently say that the Nid Hunters are due for release in the UK on June 18th

Baggers
17-04-2005, 15:08
The tatical squads are being put on the shelves as soon as the old stock is sold out apperently.

Rabid Bunny 666
17-04-2005, 15:11
the new sprues are nice, but you only get the kneeling legs on the combat squad sprue :(

a new helmet and a 1/2 bionic face as well as a rocket launcer and all the special weapon choices

and loads of purity seals :D

Cypher
17-04-2005, 15:53
Does the Devastator Marine sprue come with the Combat Squad as well? Wow, talk about a way to sell something that nobody would otherwise buy ;)

t-tauri
17-04-2005, 16:06
If the combat squad has kneeling legs and the missile launcher sprue it'll be worth buying.

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 16:58
If the combat squad has kneeling legs and the missile launcher sprue it'll be worth buying.

I don't know what's in the box but they're definately the new marine plastics (no the BfM Marines that I said in a different thread).

BTW I don't think its been mentioned yet but the Tyranid Hunters are being released in blister packs with two marines per blister.

boogle
17-04-2005, 17:04
its probably just a single Tactical Marine sprue: http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37&page=2 with maybe the command sprue in there to make it worth the money, isn't it wonderful that the combat squad gets 2 price hikes in as many months, bet they don't sell

sulla
17-04-2005, 18:55
its probably just a single Tactical Marine sprue: http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37&page=2 with maybe the command sprue in there to make it worth the money, isn't it wonderful that the combat squad gets 2 price hikes in as many months, bet they don't sell

well, if they some with all the special weapons and the missile launcher I bet they will sell.

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 19:15

I would thoink its just the top sprue in the pic ie the one from which you can make five complete marines.

I do think it will sell though, even at 10. Remember that not everyone wants to buy (or can aford) a full squad of marines at 18.

boogle
17-04-2005, 19:37
anyway, back onto the Tyranid Vets, what do you think will be in the box, will they do a flamer armed vet and will they have Krak Grenades aplenty?

plasmadaemon
17-04-2005, 20:06
plenty of anti-nid stuff, plenty....
And GW better make the nid' parts seperate so you can stick them to any part of the model.

Gereth
17-04-2005, 20:28
I wish they'd make that "hive mind librarian" which appeared as artwork a while ago!

boogle
17-04-2005, 20:42
that is a picture of Tigurius

Dreachon
17-04-2005, 21:14
yep that was him alright.

Cypher
17-04-2005, 21:27
Im guessing there will be three blister types. A sergeant/flamer combo, a heavy bolter, and a standard TWV blister (with a bit of variety im sure).

That's assuming there isnt a 5-man boxed set a-la Marneus and Honour Guard.

Wintermute
17-04-2005, 21:55
Im guessing there will be three blister types. A sergeant/flamer combo, a heavy bolter, and a standard TWV blister (with a bit of variety im sure).

That's assuming there isnt a 5-man boxed set a-la Marneus and Honour Guard.

I'm not expecting a box set to be released. If there was to be a box set, it would be released prior to the release of the blister packs.

But then again the new Tyranid Army Deal is being released three weeks prior to the Codex and other new Nid releases and that has not been listed on the published release schedule :eek:

boogle
17-04-2005, 22:03
apart from the fact is said 'boxed set' on the release schedule!!!, i'll give you all the details if i can tomorrow when i get to have another look at the release schedule, but i'm nearly certain it said '5 Figure Boxed set'

Baggers
17-04-2005, 23:13
As far as I know all the models I have been told about and thats four or five all have bolters.

Imus
18-04-2005, 00:06
well thought i add some more info to this seing as i started it. There in blister format from what i can tell. 6 for 2 random firguers similar to ther vets. Not sure how mnay different models though.

lostitgotit72
18-04-2005, 07:33
Well, since there're not making any new models for the gaunts then they still are going to be seperate, but if the desighners get the models done properly then there should already be enough nid parts on them. But they'll probably end up looking like metal, like the ones on cassius.

I personally prefer the 'Gore splatered' look but thats just the SW inside me talking

Cypher
18-04-2005, 18:32
Strange they'd leave out the optional stuff for such a small squad.

The only thing I can think of is that they'll be like the robed Dark Angels models, with plastic arms seperate. That way they could include metal weapons and/or shoulder pads.

I want some pics dammit! :D

twisted_mentat
19-04-2005, 00:05
The only thing I can think of is that they'll be like the robed Dark Angels models, with plastic arms seperate. That way they could include metal weapons and/or shoulder pads.

I hope they go that route...gives you much more flexability.

Something suitably chewed up and adorned with trophies of 'nids they've slane...

boogle
19-04-2005, 14:57
right a day late but nevermind, the Nid Hunters will be in Blister Packs of 2 Models and are released in the UK on the 18th of June

Gereth
20-04-2005, 01:49
I beg to differ when yoou gauys say that the Hive-Librarian was the tigurius model ... mainly because the sketch I've seen depicts a "trophy" heavy model with Nid parts dangling from all over him and he seems to be conected to a "half alive" Nid head in order to tap into the hive mind's insights.... I assume the Black Gobbo aticles were made in order to give eager players a chance to try the hunters before thir actual release (sort of what they did with the innquisitor rules.. publishing them in WD with tips on converting the models before the release of the demonhunter codex) ... I also tinhk a box of Nid hunter would tie in nicely with the release of their nemesis ... just hope this thoughts turn true!

Inquisitor Engel
20-04-2005, 02:08
I beg to differ when yoou gauys say that the Hive-Librarian was the tigurius model ...
I agree. Mainly because Tigarius ended up with no Nid paraphanelia, and the sketch says Tigarius nowhere on it. It does in fact say "Hive Mind Librarian."

no-use4a-name
20-04-2005, 02:45
The Tyranid Hunter models will be a blister for 10 bucks. Highly doubt it will be a Hive-mind Librarian. It will most likely be 2 marines packaged togehter. The blister will be out some time in June.

Gereth
20-04-2005, 03:30
The Tyranid Hunter models will be a blister for 10 bucks. Highly doubt it will be a Hive-mind Librarian. It will most likely be 2 marines packaged togehter. The blister will be out some time in June.

I don't doubt the models will be relased in blister too, but GW has been known to release "temporary boxes" and I can't see any obstacles in releasing a box with all available models ... the same goes for the "special" librarian... take the example of the British WD # 304 wchich brings rules for using the limited edition witchhunter inquisitor ... I'd say anything goes... again the release of the Tyranids army seems to me like the perfect time to release such a box (models) given the hype about the new army... even if you don't play Nids you can take part in the action by buiyng such a bos... that's pure and simple marketing!

It also seem futile to include a character like Cassius, whose background is so intrinsecaly entertwined with tyranids witout giving him "followers"!

Given the amount of sketches and the yet unreleased space marine models (like the chaplain wih skulls around its torso) I think the Nid hunter definately look promising (and I'd love to see the artwork in the codex given life - specially the markings like the one on the lower right leg).

charlie_c67
20-04-2005, 09:49
Official word is two nid hunters in a blister for 6 pounds.

boogle
20-04-2005, 11:00
and for some reason pushed back to the 25th (says 18th on the marketing brief i've seen), never mind, i'll try and get some early and post them if I do

boogle
20-04-2005, 20:31
http://www.battlegamesbymail.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=space%20marine&sort=4a&page=5 available on advanced order with 10% discount, no pics though, confirms the 18th of June