PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor's Name

kamedake88
28-12-2007, 04:06
This is gonna sound weird but I think I have found the emperors name or at least who the emperor or at least from who parts of his background. First read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

As most people know the emperor was born in Anatolia while not during Saint Georges time. loose but there is still a connection.

Then there is the whole Void dragon thing and that when the void dragon awakens from its slumber in mars "cough" that the emperor will return to slay it. again a loose connection but there is something there.

While this is by no means a tell all to the emperor I think I'm gonna start calling him George from now on.

Lord of ???
28-12-2007, 04:24
Very loose i'ld say

So far the connection is that they were both born in Anatolia and were warriors.

The Dragon is a recent addition to 40k fluff and doesn't date from the time of when GW wrote the Emporers fluff.

Kage2020
28-12-2007, 14:49
It's that funky Arthur thing -- the once and future king. ;)

Kage

pookie
28-12-2007, 15:18
no how is it possible to work out a fictional characters name??? could be Emma for all we know!!!! lol... try a search theres threads for this discussed previously certainly doenst need a new one.

Kage2020
28-12-2007, 15:59
Yeah, but you're denying one of the basic truths of any GW hobbyist background forum (at least the 40k ones). That is, most threads will show up once every handful of months, more than likely more depending on whatever GW has recently published. :D

Kage

Dominus_Serui
28-12-2007, 16:08
Margret T. Emperor...

Alun
28-12-2007, 16:17
I say it's Bob!!!

Exterminatus
28-12-2007, 17:16
I say it's paris hilton, the benevolent god-emperor

Mr_Rose
28-12-2007, 17:32
I say it's Bob!!!
Dammit! I was gonna say Bob!

The Emperor's name is officially unknown, as in the guys that were coming up with the original fluff decided it would be more awesome if he didn't have a proper name so they never gave him one, not even in his extended backstory on the special edition DVD.

Of course the whole bit with him being a warp-god now and knowing a warp-entity's true name weakening it means that no-one in the Inquisition (who are the only people with even the theoretical means to find out) is trying too hard to discover the answer, not that there is one.

Kage2020
28-12-2007, 22:26
Everyone always says Bob, thus by default it must be. ;)

Kage

The Anarchist
28-12-2007, 22:50
Well this is an old topic, and yet another tenitve idea through myths and legend as to possible names for The Emperor. howvever my usual question when ever this pops up is; why do we assume the Big E has a "western" name, or even a modern one for a start, also remember he is the colesant spirt of the gretest shamens of ancient man so would he nessecerily have a name? he could easily not have a name and jsut use one when ever it suited his purpose or needs.

still just my two cents

Gensuke626
28-12-2007, 22:53
Maybe it's Bork? Long lost Brother to Gork and Mork...Or Malal...

The Emperor is Malal!

The Guy
28-12-2007, 22:54
Jesus. The emperor is Jesus.
All hail Jesus!

Nagash
28-12-2007, 23:03
Might as well be Chuck Norris, Mr T or MacGyver if you ask me. :cheese:

Dominus_Serui
28-12-2007, 23:12
He could not have a name...could have echewed it in some kind of ritual of devotion - I meen when he emerged he pretty much started off by generating the figure of 'The Emperor' around him - he could quite possibly not have had a name prior to it...he could have been a part of a monastic psychic sect, or simply a wandering orphan with gifts...

vice
29-12-2007, 07:27
It's the Stig.

Born Again
29-12-2007, 09:09
Might as well be Chuck Norris, Mr T or MacGyver if you ask me. :cheese:

A combination of all 3. Clearly, Chuck Norris, Mr T and MacGyver were the shamen who sacrificed themselves to be become the Emperor... also known as, "Mr MacChuck"

Hellebore
29-12-2007, 09:17
Everyone always says Bob, thus by default it must be. ;)

Kage

Well when asked the question at a games day I was at, Andy Chambers did indeed say it was bob...

Hellebore

HughbertofKhorne
29-12-2007, 10:03
The Stig is the Emperor?

kinda makes sense if you think about it....

Nagash
29-12-2007, 15:53
A combination of all 3. Clearly, Chuck Norris, Mr T and MacGyver were the shamen who sacrificed themselves to be become the Emperor... also known as, "Mr MacChuck"

Oh yeah now it all makes sense. :cool:

Kage2020
29-12-2007, 16:54
Well when asked the question at a games day I was at, Andy Chambers did indeed say it was bob...
Now there is a man that can recognise a change in the winds. ;)

Kage

Baltar
29-12-2007, 21:47
"The Lightning Tower" says that he has no name - he is simply the Emperor, and always had been. He needed no name because he so fully embodied then name of "Emperor" that it was all one could call him.

The Guy
29-12-2007, 21:52
His name is Games Workshop.
Think about it.
He spawned the space marines. And he loves them.
He has lil piccies of them in his chambers and everything

Brother Siccarius
29-12-2007, 22:15
Perhaps he has a millenia old bar bet that he lost, so he keeps changing his appearance and name to escape paying the drastically rising interest on it?

In all seriousness, I think it's fairly possible that he doesn't have a single name, or an "original" name. He was created from the deaths of the greatest shamans on earth at the time, who would have been alive to name him after the ritual?

LexxBomb
30-12-2007, 06:17
cant by king Arthur as thats the Lion

Kriegstreiber
30-12-2007, 22:07
Did anyone ever heard of Friedrich Barbarossa, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire [German Nation]? While enroute to a crusade he fell in a river and ?ertrank?. The Legend says He`s sleeping in the Kiffhaeuser Mountain, waiting for reawakening when Germany is in dire need of Him. Hmm, we*ve got chancellor Angela Merkel. Why does He sleeps any longer? *muhaha*

Sildani
02-01-2008, 20:32
Howard, I think.

"Our Emperor,
Who art in Terra,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Imperium come,
Thy Will be done,
On (insert name of Hive World here), as it is on Terra.
Give us this day our daily ration,
and punish our trespasses,
as we punish those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into the Void,
but deliver us from Heresy.
For Thine is the Imperium, the Power,
and the Glory for ever and ever."

"Hallowed" sounds suspiciously like "Howard". Don't you think?

Burnthem
02-01-2008, 20:52
'He' is the Stig, no doubt about it ;)

EDIT: This thread must be the spam to end all spam, surprised its still here to be honest :D

Lost Egg
02-01-2008, 21:07
Xerxes

...The baddie from 300. He got his ass whupped in the end by an elite mental group of muscle bound chappies. He brooded for a few thousand years and read a few books on genetics and techie stuff then he arose to take over...:p

...plus he was really tall...;)

HN