PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2000 points vs dark and high elves

Semi_Bunny
28-12-2007, 15:39
Alright well this is a list I made out of the models I have. I plan on eventually getting more skinks and terradons to add, but I'll probably be playing this weekend against dark elves (and high elves in the future) so here goes the list.

2nd Generation Slann - Diadem of power, Plaque of Divine Protection, Battle Standard, and Plaque of Tepok, Banner of Prophecy- 660 points (with the warriors)

Skink Priest – Dispel Scroll- 90 points

Saurus Scar Veteran – Light Armor, Shield, Great Weapon, Charm of Jaguar Warrior, SS of Sotek - 133 points (with kroxis or warriors, not sure yet)

19 Saurus Warriors – full command, hand weapons– 258 points

18 Saurus Warriors - full command, hand weapons - 246 points

10 Skinks – Blowpipes, Scouts- 70 points

10 Skinks – Javelins, Shields- 60 points

5 Saurus Cavalry – Hand weapons, shields, spears-175 points

3 Kroxigors – Great Weapons- 174 points

2 Salamanders – 130 points

Total=2000

So any suggestions on adding stuff? I would like to add another unit of skinks and terradons like I said but I dont have the models at the moment.

Thanks again for any advice/comments

-Bunny

Malorian
28-12-2007, 15:52
Wow that slann is expensive... I'd drop the magic banner and the 2+ ward save to free up some points. You won't be facing any cannons so you should be ok (bolt throwers aren't that scary)

Semi_Bunny
28-12-2007, 18:34
Well, I might be up against 4 bolt throwers so thats the real reason I put the ward save. I guess I can drop the fear banner though since I dont think he has many fear causing units if any at all (maybe just CoK I think). What should I bring with the extra points?

Malorian
28-12-2007, 19:06
The DE player I play against always brings 4 RBT and mine has never died. With the slann's high toughness, 4+ ward, and 8 wounds he would have to be pretty luck to take you down. By turn two you'll be able to start taking them diwn with your salamanders and magic.

With the extra points I don't know because I don't know what you have. Maybe add another salamander, or beef up the krox or cav squad.

Semi_Bunny
28-12-2007, 19:39
Yeah maybe I'll give the saurus w/ the slann tlazcotl and give the cavalry huanchi and a standard bearer. though would I be better off with the plaque of dominion on the slann instead of divine protection?

Malorian
28-12-2007, 21:28
I wouldn't bother with either. If I was the DE player I would be using them against the krox or cav if I could hit the flank.

Semi_Bunny
28-12-2007, 21:52
Alright well I guess I'll probably drop the plaque then and huanchi the cavalry. I just talked to the friends I'm playing with and the game looks like its going to be my 2000 points of lizards with 2000 points of chaos vs a 4000 pt combined force of dark elves and Orcs and goblins (not sure the ratio there), if that affects any of my choices.