PDA

View Full Version : 2300 point Chaos Mortals

sergentzimm
28-12-2007, 16:44
So I am thinking of making this and taking it to a local tourny. My expectations are to be competative, but not necessarily win all the games. The list is all about the chaos warriors. I love the models and I love big blocks of em. I am also pretty sure I want the chaos dragon. I love the standard on the slanesh warriors, as it can really slow down a charge. The mark on the general is just there for the pendant of slanaanesh and blade of blood combo. So any suggestions?

Chaos Lord
1 Chaos Lord of Slaanesh
General; Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Immune to Psychology
1 Dragon of Chaos
Causes Terror; Flyer; Large Target; Scaly Skin
1 Blade of Blood
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Gaze of the Gods
1 Pendant of Slaanesh

Bray-Shaman
1 Bray-Shaman
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Hand Weapon
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Dispel Scroll

Chaos Warriors (15#
14# Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Shield; Immune to Psychology
1 Champion @
Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Shield
1 Rapturous Standard

Chaos Warriors (15#
14 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Shield
1 Champion

Chaos Warriors (15#
14Chaos Warriors
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour; Shield
1 Champion @

Beast Herd (20#,
11 Gors
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon
1 Foe-Render @
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon
8 Ungor @
Spear

Beast Herd (20#,
11 Gors @ 151 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon
1 Foe-Render @
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon
8 Ungor @

Tuskgor Chariot (1#,
1 Tuskgor Chariot @
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
1 Ungor Driver @ [0] Pts
Spear
1 Bestigor Warrior @ [0] Pts
Great Weapon
2 Tuskgor @ [0] Pts

Tuskgor Chariot (1#,
1 Tuskgor Chariot @ 85 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
1 Ungor Driver @ [0] Pts
Spear
1 Bestigor Warrior @ [0] Pts
Great Weapon
2 Tuskgor @ [0] Pts

Chaos Marauder Horsemen (5#,
4 Chaos Marauder Horsemen
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Spear
1 Chieftan @ [
Hand Weapon; Spear
5 Warhorse @ [0] Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2300

BattleofLund
29-12-2007, 09:02
If you have the option/monetary means, try altering the ratio of Gors-Ungors. More Ungors good, 'cause the units will be bigger.

If you're not extremely fond of your Horseman models, cut off their spears and attach flails. Pay with points for your Chieftain, if you're short. What can I say? Flails are better, and 5 S5 attacks are better than 6 S4 attacks.

As per your stated intent, I'm not touching the Warriors and Dragon.

Wreak havoc.
/B

sergentzimm
29-12-2007, 20:42
Great idea on the flails. I dont actually have the models built for most of the army. I like to build after I have a plan.

I am open to changing the equipment and maybe the block size a bit on the warriors.

BattleofLund
30-12-2007, 04:58
I like to build after I have a plan.

I have a plan.

plan

How... lawful of you. :p (subtle insult) ;)

But seriously, it's good to have a plan sometimes. Just keep checking yourself and make sure you don't become addicted. Dangerous stuff, that...

How about putting great weapons on your Slaanesh Warriors?

1) You will be converting them somehow anyway, right? So converting them to zweihänder should be no more difficult than halberdiers. (Modelling bonus: making something other than halberd conversions for your Warriors.)

2) Same points cost, no exhausting changing of army list (I'm very lazy myself). Jokes aside, it will fit without reducing something else.

3) Since the magic banner will reduce your casualties, hitting back should be as hurtful as possible. You would still have the same option of using hw+shield, in those unusual, very desperate situations (and I'm not talking about being charged by a dozen Inner Circle Empire Knights here! Thats only a mildly desperate situation).

4) Tactical downside: slow. No more using the tasty combo of WS5, S5 and I5. :( But on the other hand, you will have two other Warrior units to do that.

--------
Unit sizes? You get what you pay for. I usually end up shaving my Warrior units down to minimum, and mostly cutting them out altogether. Taking one unit of Warriors often means not taking two other units.

When I regularly used Warriors, 15 was my favorite unit size. A bit of attrition margin, some rank resilience, not grotesquely expensive.

Fireworks tomorrow. Take care.