PDA

View Full Version : 500p HoC & Night Goblins

Skrekkugle
28-12-2007, 18:41
I got 2 army lists for you guys to look at. One for my Night gobbos and one for my HoC mortals. Im playing mostly DE and Dwarves(wich tend to be a pure gunline + warrs). HoC is VERY hard to make such a small list out of, but NG seems a little more fun. I have come up with the following lists:

Night Goblins 500p:

1 Night Goblin Big Boss @ 36 Pts
-General; Great Weapon; Light Armour

Spearmen - 25 Night Goblins @ 180 Pts
-Netters; Spear; Shield; Standard; Musician; Boss; Fanatic

Bowmen - 20 Night Goblins @ 97 Pts
-Shortbow; Standard; Musician, Fanatic (yeah like I need that when the dwarves charge lol.. but still got DE to fight)

5 Goblin Spider Riders @ 71 Pts
-Spear; Shield; Musician

5 Squig Hoppers @ 75 Pts

1 Spear Chukka @ 35 Pts

As you can see I got some shooting here. My plan against the dwarves is to charge his shooty units with my riders, hoppers and spearmen, while kicking back for a while with the bow unit firing at his melee units. Against DE, I dunno since I haven't gotten to know them yet.
Well, over to the Chaos.

500p Chaos Undivided Mortals:

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 98 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Barding

20 Marauders @ 155 Pts
-Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

4 Chaos Knights @ 142 Pts
-Mark of Chaos Undivided; Barding; Heavy Armour; Shield; Musician

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

This one was harder. Can't seem to fit much in 500 points no matter how I try. The champion goes with the knights, screened by the hounds. The furies go after their warmachines to at least keep them occupied, while the block of marauders slowly move in to assist the knights. Sounds like a good plan to me but maybe someone actually won something with another list? I don't own any beast models so I really wanna avoid beasts. Not much cash flowing these days.

Well that was it for now. Hope you guys have some feedback, or even lists you made some success with. I want to keep the ngobbos a little shooty though. Hate missing out on every shooting phase with my chaos hehe. Now tear it apart :chrome:

BattleofLund
28-12-2007, 23:38
My plan against the dwarves is to charge his shooty units with my riders, hoppers and spearmen, while kicking back for a while with the bow unit firing at his melee units. Against DE, I dunno since I haven't gotten to know them yet.

Shortbows against dwarfs is not very productive, I'm afraid. Instead advance with this block to support your other close combat units.

With Chaos, as you said, low points is difficult. One-and-a-half things: make sure to use terrain to cover your Knights from cannon, since your General can be picked out. Try to be patient and not rush ahead with the fast stuff, since then you will be engaging piecemeal.

Skrekkugle
29-12-2007, 15:14
Thanks for the reply :) I'll be careful with my knight unit hehe. Was thinking about using a chaos spawn instead of the hounds since it draws some attention but I'll try this first.

I'll also try the gobbo tip :) I never expect beating the dwarves anyways but it would be so cool if I did some day hehe.