PDA

View Full Version : Rugluds armoured Orcs

Yobalt
29-12-2007, 11:29
Hi.

I was just browsing through their rules and got a little confused.

1. Will they use their rules for choppas or the new rules? And animosity?
2. Maggot's got a 3+ ward save, but in the rules it says that he is not a character. And since he is not a character, he cannot be targeted.
Do I get this correctly? Then why the ward save?

Can someone please shed some light on this issue?:)

EvC
29-12-2007, 11:58
All named DoW guys are considered characters, so attacks should be allocated to him; they must use the most recent animosity table, but I should think only get choppas if their current entry states they do.

Yobalt
29-12-2007, 12:17
Hm, makes sense I guess. Thanks for your answers.=)

luckyguy
29-12-2007, 12:19
I disagree completely with the comments regarding #1. I think they should be allowed to use their own animosity rules and gain the new rules for choppas.

EvC
29-12-2007, 12:29
Well, looking at the actual rules for the DoW Orcs, which give them a specific animosity table, I'd agree ;)

Masque
29-12-2007, 14:37
All named DoW guys are considered characters, so attacks should be allocated to him; they must use the most recent animosity table, but I should think only get choppas if their current entry states they do.

They use their own rules for choppas and animosity. This is very similar to the situation with Long Drong's Slayer Pirates. Maggot is specifically stated in his rules to not be a character. I would still allow attacks to be directed at him seperatley from the orcs though. I assume this is how everyone handles this situation for mixed non-character units such as Rat Ogres, Salamanders Packs, and Squig Herds.

memitchell747
29-12-2007, 17:40
Rudlug's list included a Choppa rule for those who didn't have an Orc army book. Use the new Choppa rule. They had their own Animosity table before the new one. Use it. More fun.

Long Drongs got an exemption from the change in pistols because they would otherwise be neutered.

Braad
29-12-2007, 20:06
They've got their own rules. Use them.

You can't go round picking rules from other sources (like the O&G armybook) just because you like them better. They are not part of that armybook.