PDA

View Full Version : cheeseify my list!!!!

aenarion67
30-12-2007, 02:34
hey my fellow warseers!!!!
i've got a game coming up soon its against wood elves......
1000 pts each side.
the games a kind of a grudge match. the two of us have always wanted to prove each other the best. please edit my list!!!

magic heavy
mage
lvl2
seer staff 165

mage
lvl2
amulet of light 150

mage
lvl2
silver wand 145

15 spearmen F.C 160

10 swordmasters F.C 180

2 boltthrowers 200

total pts 1000pts
i intend to play very defensive. as in stay back and shoot him with boltthrowers. the lores i think i should take are
mage 1 death
mage 2 ?????
mage 3 fire.
my opponent has 2 units of 16 dryads, 3 nobles and 16 wardancers
please help me!!!!

Darkspear
30-12-2007, 02:47
You do not even have enough units to hide your mages. In addition having level 2's may not give you the spells you want.

Characters support the army but do not win games, i suggest you cut down on your characters and get more troops. I notice that your peer has 3 nobles...which is also a bad move IMO.

Finally since you know that the enemy is massing on dryads...why take rbts?

RavenBloodwind
30-12-2007, 03:51
As a WE player I'd be unworried about your current build. That said, I take a shooty army.

If he's going with dryads and wardancers then RBTs aren't a bad choice.
I agree with Darkspear that you're running with too many characters for 1k.

That said, if you wanted to really cheese out then a dragon mage would be a great choice. The breathweapon, lore of fire with sword of rhuin and ASF? You should do VERY well against the skirmishy dryads and even wardancers. Just try not to get hit with killing blow.

I'd also worry a bit about fear given that his fear causers outnumber both your units. Of course if you whittle them down with RBTs this may not be so problematic.

aenarion67
30-12-2007, 03:57
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... maybe i could drop a bolthrower for more stuff. i need the mages cause his army is forset spirt heavy. so fire balls will kill then as with other magic missles. the problem with dragon mages is that the are to squishy. the seer mage is there to pick speels like doom and darkness!!!!! its preety good if u cast it. the enemy runs away and that allowa me to fire again.
then again i am still a young high elf general.
heres my new list.

dragon mage lvl 2
silver wand 395

mage
lvl2
seer staff 165

15 spearmen F.C 160

10 swordmasters F.C 180

1 bolt thrower. 100
what do u think?

Semi_Bunny
30-12-2007, 15:41
I think the problem is if you play defensive you're going to get picked apart by him a little at a time, as he probably will have the luxury of choosinghis fights if your fielding so little units. Right now over half (56%) of your points are in characters. I would consider revamping your list completely to give you more options.

The first thing is, if your going to take the dragon mage, dont take any other characters. If you would rather be magic heavy, maybe just 2 lvl 2 mages would be fine. I would also try to add a faster element to your list like DPs or silver helms because I dont think playing defensive vs wood elves will work, as they can just play VP denial and pick their fights.

Neknoh
30-12-2007, 15:58
swap Swordsmasters for Dragonprinces and I think you're set

aenarion67
31-12-2007, 06:16
hmmmmmmmmmm.... maybe i may swap the dragon princes..tempting. wood elves are weak they have almost no armour and most of them are forest spirit...
hey guys do u have any advice on what lore to choose?

lector#1
31-12-2007, 06:22
being a white lions lover id have to say drop the swordmasters a bolt thrower and one of the mages and stick in 3 chariots.

thats
d6 str 5 hits on the charge
4 str 5 from the lions
2 str 5 from the riders

times that by 3 thats 21-36 str 5 hits on the turn you charge whats not to love

shaso_iceborn
31-12-2007, 06:35
Would you prefer canned cheese spread, aged, or perhaps you prefere a specific type such as asagio or cheddar? Limberger (probally spelled wrong) perhaps???

Seriously like others have said you need to hide the mages in units and remember Marching doesn't effect the magic phase

RavenBloodwind
31-12-2007, 16:30
If you go with dragon princes look at giving them the item that makes their attacks magical. This will nullify the dryads ward save. A good investment in my book.

For lores...if you go dragon mage the question is answered for you. Otherwise one high and one fire is reasonable. Beasts, death and life are also suitable under the right circumstances.

aenarion67
02-01-2008, 08:39
ok so dragon princes amulet of light. time to pull the bloody arogant fools out.