PDA

View Full Version : The Court Of Narraw Peak (2k Skaven.)

Shamfrit
30-12-2007, 09:51
Characters

General - Shamfrit The Revolutionary
Great Weapon, Hvy Armour.
War Banner, Warpstone Amulet, Ring Of Darkness, Warpstone Charm
202 Points.

-

BSB - Carrying Sacred Banner Of The Horned Rat
139 Points.

Master Moulder
Light Armour, Great Weapon, Skavenbrew.
121 Points.

Assassin
Weeping Blade
136 Points.

-

Core Units

Clanrats 20 Full Command + Warpfire Thrower
600 Points.

2 Giant Rat Packs
60 Points.

2X Rat Swarms
90 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

10 Nightrunners
Throwing Weapons & Champion
80 Points.

10 Nightrunners
Additional Hand Weapons & Champion
80 Points.

4 Poison Wind Globadiers
40 Points.

Special

4 Rat Ogres
200 Points.

Total = 1898 Points.

I have 100 points spare I leave open to take either a Warp Lightning Cannon, or 5 Jezzails, or to chop and change as per need. But the important thing is to note the clanrat/flame line, popping the Globadiers out and firing into combat with their globes can add a big punch to the clanrat units, with enough flankers/march blockers to pinch the enemy into a frontal assault or to get flank attacks on heavier hitting armies.

Any thoughts? I want to keep this 2k list magic free, so please don't suggest Engineers :eyebrows:

heinrichvoncarstein
30-12-2007, 11:08
First of all. You can't have 2 talismans on 1 character (warpstone ammy, ring of darkness). Second of all, you can't have magic banner on the general only bsb can.
Rat swarms can't hurt a s*** so upgrade them to plague rats.
Give the master moulder a whip and get a warp lightning cannon and maybe some gutter runners with poisond weapons. Get more globadiers.
Ditch a warpfire thrower and get a ratling gun.

Shamfrit
30-12-2007, 11:42
Characters

General - Shamfrit The Revolutionary
Great Weapon, Hvy Armour.
Warpstone Amulet, Skalm, Warpstone Charm
202 Points.

-

BSB - Carrying Sacred Banner Of The Horned Rat
139 Points.

Master Moulder
Light Armour, Whip, Skavenbrew.
121 Points.

Assassin
Weeping Blade
136 Points.

-

Core Units

Clanrats 20 Full Command + Ratling Gun
575 Points.

2 Giant Rat Packs
60 Points.

2X Rat Swarms
90 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

25 Slaves
50 Points.

10 Nightrunners
Throwing Weapons & Champion
80 Points.

10 Nightrunners
Additional Hand Weapons & Champion
80 Points.

6 Poison Wind Globadiers
60 Points.

Special

4 Rat Ogres
200 Points.

Rare

Warp Lightning Cannon
100 Points.

Total = 1999 Points.

Sorry about that, I overlooked the rules for items, I just sort of presumed that you could take a banner, since the Warlord model has a banner on it :rolleyes:

I've switched to one ratling and 2 Warpfire, using the points difference to add an extra Globadier, whip switched, the swarms are purely for blocking, being unbreakable.

I sometimes switch the two night runner teams for one gutter runner tunnelling team, but the night runners cover more ground on the flanks at the moment, but the option's there.

How's it looking now?

fubukii
30-12-2007, 14:39
you clanrat blocks arr way to small you will need to boost their numbers to at least 25 man in order for them to be of any use. WFT also are kinda a waste of points, but can be effective tif they somehow manage to get a shot off. the assassin is a huge point sink, same with the rat ogres. If you insist on taking a ogre unit drop the rat ogres and take iron guts as your last rare slot, ( you can make some cool conversion)

Shamfrit
30-12-2007, 14:47
I really want to up rank the Clanrats but I don't have the models to do that right now, and three 20's to me is better than 2 twenty five, with the command in there and the BSB in the middle of the line (, Roman Style) they should hold without that extra +1. Not to mention the Globadier teams are hiding behind, to pop out and fire into combat, and the WFT, so together they SHOULD overcome the size.

Will absolutely go up to 25 when I can get another box!

The Assassin is in the Warlord's Unit to pop out and character kill, I know I could take two extra 25 slave units but then we're bordering on mass panic chains, I like Horde armies, but there's a limit for management as far as my Game Head goes.

Lol, I'm writing a long post for The Council thread on why I like Rat Ogres - so I'll save that for their.

On that note, I might drop the assassin, buffing up to an extra slave unit and use the points for the Clan Rat ranks - the Warlord's beefy as is!

heinrichvoncarstein
30-12-2007, 14:50
you have two enchanted items on the warlord that's also illegal. I would suggest you drop the warpstone charm (you can't re-roll the roll for the warpstone ammy anyway as it clearly states that you can't re-roll the warpstone ammy roll, NEVER!!) and get a magic weapon. Actually i would drop skalm and go for weeping blades and bands of power. Remember that unbreakable swarms is something different to unbreakable. If they lose combat they will lose a number of wounds equal to the number of combat resolution points they lost the combat by.

Shamfrit
30-12-2007, 14:57
True true Heinrich, since the Assassin's being dropped for the time being the Warlord can swap Skalm for Weeping Blades, and drop the Great Weapon, which lets me add another Globadier with the points difference.

I wish it said Item limitations in a summary box in the Item list in the Army Book, going back and forth crosses wires, makes mistakes like this occur and makes me angry I'm so blind sometimes lol.

Actually, now i've got an extra 25 points i'll take even more slaves lol.

heinrichvoncarstein
30-12-2007, 15:12
No.... no,no,no. I got it!
Take a plague priest and a unit of 20 plague monks with 5 censer bearers and give the priest the liber bubonicus and a plague censer. It makes for a nasty little bunch.

Shamfrit
30-12-2007, 15:19
I really want to give the Plague Priests some love but the last five games of 2k i've used them in have all lead them to be absolutely massacred, shot to pieces, or run off the board on turn one/two (Wood Elf Panic Causing Bow...Evil.)

Even with the Umbranner they have the same fundamental flaw as Witch Elves.

They die if they don't charge! (Which might be down to my bad management, lol.)

I will run this list on Friday, and then try it with the Plague Monks instead of the Rat Ogres, and see which one comes out the top performance wise.