PDA

View Full Version : Travel Advice, please? (UK, Carlisle)

Huw_Dawson
30-12-2007, 12:14
Hey helpful Warseers!

I'm planning a trip to Carlisle in the half term, for obvious reasons surrounding it being the only bunker in the north, and am trying to find out how hard it is to get there on the train.

I would be traveling in mid feburary, most likely from Blackburn or Accrington station. Is there a direct train, or would I have to change at some forsaken place? :p

I appreciate this is a little specific, but seeing how Carlisle bunker is so remote, I suspect quite a few of our northern members might have been on the line I am talking about. If you can help, cheers.

Happy new year by the way,
- Huw

Jo Bennett
30-12-2007, 12:35
northern trains service towards blackpool, change at Preston, then virgin trains towards Glasgow Central (or Edinburgh, but usually Glasgow) goes through Carlisle.

EDIT: if you get stuck at Preston station for a while there is a good pizza place just down the road from the station.

El Presedente
30-12-2007, 12:56
northern trains service towards blackpool, change at Preston, then virgin trains towards Glasgow Central (or Edinburgh, but usually Glasgow) goes through Carlisle.

Yeah thats pretty much as dead on as you can get, I usually switch at wigon when coming from liverpool and get the glasgow central to carlisle, thats the one you have to keep an eye out for.

Huw_Dawson
30-12-2007, 19:08
Change at Preston then... I was hoping for a direct route, but that will have to do. Cheers!

- Huw

Crube
30-12-2007, 19:19
You can check an rail journey (pretty much) in the UK on www.rail.co.uk...

Maybe of use in the future :

Crube
30-12-2007, 19:19
You can check an rail journey (pretty much) in the UK on www.rail.co.uk...

Maybe of use in the future :)