PDA

View Full Version : Question about Black Coach

ObiWan
21-09-2005, 21:04
OK, so the army book states that is a chariot as per the rules in 126-128 from the rulebook, my question is, can a character ride in the Black Coach? if the answer is no, where is it stated? thanks (and please no comments about it being a sucky unit or not, that's for a different thread and has been discussed ad nauseam) :skull:

starlight
21-09-2005, 21:06
Never thought about it.......really, even when I worked at GW, it never came up.

For me, I'd allow it. :)

aakurtz
21-09-2005, 21:11
In the characters profile it would have to have an option for the black coach much like it does for mounts (nightmares, dragons, winged nightmares).

ObiWan
21-09-2005, 21:23
In the characters profile it would have to have an option for the black coach much like it does for mounts (nightmares, dragons, winged nightmares).
OK but if he were to join the unit couldn't he ride it?

Arnizipal
22-09-2005, 00:49
OK but if he were to join the unit couldn't he ride it?
No, a character that joins a chariot can't mount it.

In fact, I don't think chariots can be joined in the first place.

Keller
22-09-2005, 02:09
In a sense, the Coach already has a character riding it. Don't forget, the driver is just a wraith, except you can't modify his equipment, use him in challenges, leave or survive the destruction of the Coach..... Well, it seems the onlything character-like about the driver is the stat line.

But as mentioned, characters cannot ride in the coach because they would have to have it as a mount option in their entry, as they do for Nightmares, Winged Nightmares, or Zombie Dragons.

T10
22-09-2005, 10:23
The option to ride a chariot is explicitly stated in the character options.

Where a character has the option of riding in a chariot you buy the chariot as normal (a Core, Special or Rare choice as appropriate). The character replaces one crewman (no points refund).

I have not seen any armies that handle this differently.

-T10

Atrahasis
22-09-2005, 10:51
I have not seen any armies that handle this differently.

Tomb Kings, but their chariots are different in all manner of ways.

Gamgee
22-09-2005, 20:46
Actualy a coach would be a nice project for empire. A driver armed with a whip and a blunderbus armed guy riding shotgun (blunderbus ;) )

It would be fun! I think should be allowed to ride a troll with my chaos lord ;) (See other thread in tactics about herding trolls).

greets,

Gamgee

Griefbringer
22-09-2005, 21:04
Actualy a coach would be a nice project for empire. A driver armed with a whip and a blunderbus armed guy riding shotgun (blunderbus ;) )

Wasn't there something like this actually released for Mordheim last year?

Keller
25-09-2005, 21:25
Wasn't there something like this actually released for Mordheim last year?

Mordhiem had some stagecoaches in the Empire in Flames campaign, yes. I never played with them or anything though, so I don't know much about them. Still, could make for a cool conversion for a "Fallen-Empire" themed VC army.