PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tournament Dark Elf - Cauldron of Blood Army

Entreri Bloodletter
31-12-2007, 07:51
Highborn on Pegusus with Venom Sword, heavy armor, SDC, enchanted shield, Talisman of Protection 295

Noble on Pegusus with Seal of Grond, lance, shield, SDC, heavy armor 166
Noble on Pegusus with Lifetaker, lance, shield, SDC, heavy armor 171

5 DR - RXB 120
5 DR - RXB 120
5 DR - mus, RXB 127
10 RXB, mus 125

10 Witch Elves 130
10 Witch Elves 130
2 CoC - spears 194
6 CoK - standard, Warbanner 217

CoB 205

Total: 2000 points

So that's the list, I know it doesn't have much magic defense but with 3 flying characters and 3 units of DR I should be able to take out any wizards.

The Prince will go after things vulnerable to the Venom Sword, (minotaurs, giants, chariots etc...) while the Nobles hunt either war machines or wizards. Late game I could even get some combined charges off if needed

The small amount of repeater crossbows will focus on enemy fast cav and other harassers while the main combat troops advance quickly on the enemy.

So how does it look? Capable of winning or will it quickly succumb to enemies? Keep in mind that while this list is designed for a 4x4 foot table, could it also work for a normal 6x4 foot table?

Little Aaad
31-12-2007, 13:29
Highborn on Pegusus with Venom Sword, heavy armor, SDC, enchanted shield, Talisman of Protection 295

I think that you should try and pursue magic in this army. With so little firepower and so much combat, any decent army with a good amount of shooting will be capable of softening up all of your units quite nicley.

I would try a line up like this.
High Sorceress - w/ Darkstar Cloak, Crown of Black Iron and a dispel scroll or power stone. Pegasus 380

Noble on Pegusus with Seal of Grond, lance, shield, SDC, heavy armor 166
Noble on Pegusus with Lifetaker, lance, shield, SDC, heavy armor 171

Looks fine but I would suggest Blood armour on the second noble instead of all of that mundane stuff. Lifetaker will get him a 1+ save before they kill a better priority - High Sorceress.

5 DR - RXB 120
5 DR - RXB 120
5 DR - mus, RXB 127
10 RXB, mus 125

This looks fine but the crossbows should be 115

10 Witch Elves 130
10 Witch Elves 130
2 CoC - spears 194
6 CoK - standard, Warbanner 217

I never really found a use for chariots as they die so easily. My advice would, as its a torny, lose them and make the witch elves 14 big, make it 7x2 for more attacks. Warbanner on the COK is pointless, buy a champion instead.

CoB 205

YEP.

You might not like my advice but I think a triple charge with two heros and a mage can break a lot IMHO. The four new levels of magic adds firepower to the list so your not a walking target anymore.

Web of Shadows on a hero might be good for the mage killing. 25 points for a dead mage. YES PLEASE!

Comes over 2k but Im just giving advice so YAH.