PDA

View Full Version : Aohd Gatekeeper (Some fluff I am mulling over for a one off model I am going to make)

Inquizitor Aohd
31-12-2007, 20:46
They where forged on Holy Terra herself and carried on a long journy though the void. The ornate blessed adamantium doors where now being ceremoniously installed in The Cathedral of the Emperor Triumphant A high honor indeed worth of the multitudes that died to make it possible. Sacellum Prime was a prize wrested form the hands of heretics, traitors and the forces of chaos.

"This is good" Thought Aohd. Though in truth he was not quite sure what was going on. Their where many fancy looking men here. Some of them he recognized as priests. A few of them he knew as commanders and commissars from the 421st.

Aohd leaned over to Commissar Vatutin and whispered in awed tones " Those the Emperor's doors?"

Vatutin gave Aohd a stern look that softened quickly. "Yes Aohd, those are the emperors doors." He said under his breath sarcastically "now hush or hero or not I will put you on Latreen duty for a month"

Aohd didn't like latreen duty So he shut up and tried to pay attention to the long ceremony. Being called a hero by the man he had followed into battle for the last 5 years made him beam with pride and he absentmindedly fiddled with the shiny medallion that hung on the thick chain around his neck.

It was technically improper for an Ogyrn to be present at such a ceremony. But the Ecclesiarchical representatives had made an exception as a personal favor to Commissar Vatutin. Besides it was undeniable by even the most orthodox among them that Aohd had been a valuable asset during the long battle for Sacellum Prime his inexhaustible faith and courage had been a pillar upon which many key victory's had rested.

The last of the Rites where being completed to make the beautiful and massive gates a permanent part of the holiest site in this star system. But all that was cut short in a flurry of activity. A cultist in the crowd of citizens outside the temple wall detonated a massive bomb killing hundreds and ripping a horrible hole in reality itself. Out of that hole poured hundreds of foul things.

Aohd Acted without considering the consequences. He pressed though the crowd and picked up the massive doors which where still chained tightly together. If there was going to be a fight, he though, He had better protect these doors or the emperor would be upset.

In the moments that followed The Cathedral of the Emperor Triumphant was destroyed in a massive orbital strike. The Blast had been a lance strike from the Chaos battleship Zulfiqar.

It has been 3 years sense that Brief illusion of victory and the war for Sacellum Prime rages on. Aohd still bears "The Gates of the Emperor Triumphant" until the day they can be returned to their rightful place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning the model to be based on one of the new Ogyrn models with elements of the Citys of death terrain sets. Namely the doors off the cathedral sprue Strapped to his arm as a massive tower shield.

Not sure what I am going to use if for rules-wise but I can't resist acting on the idea.

Anyone have ways to refine this idea? Refine the story? Refine the model?

Any idea what to use the model for in game?

Is this in the wrong forum?

Jimbobjeff
31-12-2007, 22:34
Sounds good but I'm confused as to why he would use the gates as a shield if he was trying to protect them...

icegreentea
01-01-2008, 00:22
Sounds good but I'm confused as to why he would use the gates as a shield if he was trying to protect them...

Ogyrn. Durr. More seriously when he first picked them up, maybe he was carrying them away from the cultists, and since then has taken up the duty of protecting it (never letting him go from his side), thus chaining it to himself. Now he's fighting for them to be reinstalled.

Besides, the doors are made of Adamantium. Only unobtainium bullets can break that. Or a single laspistol shot from Cain.

PondaNagura
01-01-2008, 19:43

the Emperor protects, i suppose. quite characterful of an ogyrn's logic.

the beginning of the story was nice, but the last few passages seemed rushed. though i guess it's a WIP?

Inquizitor Aohd
02-01-2008, 03:02
the Emperor protects, i suppose. quite characterful of an ogyrn's logic.

the beginning of the story was nice, but the last few passages seemed rushed. though i guess it's a WIP?

Yeah, I tend to do that with fist drafts, Rush the end that is.

In the next few weeks i am gonig to rewrite it and probable post some pictures of the finished model.