PDA

View Full Version : magic heavy 1500 of High Elves

Groksnag
01-01-2008, 19:23
Im considering trying to run a magic heavy army, but I need some input before I know exactly what pieces to get. Here's what I though of for a list:

HEROES

Mage
Level 2
Seerstaff of Saphery
Silver Wand
175points

Mage
Level 2
Jewel of the Dusk
Staff of Solidity
170points

Mage
Level 2
Starwood Staff
Gem of Courage
185points

CORE
Archers x20
Light armor
Full Command
265points

SPECIAL
Silver Helms x8
Shields
Full Command
224points

Swordmasters x10
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery
Skeinsliver
255pts

RARE
Repeater Bolt Thrower x2
200pts

criticism and comments are welcome. Thank you.

Herman1004
01-01-2008, 21:02
I suggest you redo your characters and edit your post.
Two of them has got two arcane items...

As for the rest of the list..
It looks fine except the SH unit which is a little big. Go for a unit of five or six with musician

Semi_Bunny
01-01-2008, 21:12
Well a few things are troubling with the list. The mages look fine seeing as that is your theme and all other than the item problems herman addressed. With the archers I assume you meant to put 2x10 archers, and if not thats what you should have meant because 20 archers in one unit is pretty big and they wont all be able to shoot. You'll also have more target options with 2 groups. The silver helms I would take down to 5 or 6 because 8 in one rank is a little unwieldy and unnecessary. With the extra points I'd maybe buff up the swordmaster unit a little bit. I'd also consider adding in an eagle and taking out one bolt thrower just so you can march block and such.

Overall though this list lacks staying power and any solid block, which is a problem. Once the enemy closes distance with you you're pretty much toast. 10 swordmasters can easily get shot up before they get any use, silver helms are fairly weak and will bounce off most things other than lighter infantry, and your archers will get destroyed by any cavalry. In this you are relying on your mages magic for the 2 turns it will take for the opponent to cross the board (and the bolt throwers, the archers arent too big a difference). In this respect I'd atleast get an eagle to slow down your opponent, but otherwise I would completely rewrite the list and incorporate a stronger infantry block of atleast 15instead of the swordmasters who are vulnerable to shooting (spearmen or PG preferably, white lions might be okay too). I'd then get a supporting unit such as 5 DP or 10-14 swordmasters to back this up. These 2 units could screen your mages from trouble and put up a formidable fight. Its up to you however to work out the points and how you want it.

Hope I could have helped
-Bunny