PDA

View Full Version : Moonstone of the Hidden Ways in CC?

Imperialmarine007
02-01-2008, 04:47
I checked the wording on this Wood Elf magic item, and it doesn't give any restrictions other than being entirely in a forest at the end of the movement phase. Barring any errata or faq that I may have missed, can you use this item while engaged in close combat if you meet the written requirements? Or is this more of a RAW vs RAI kinda thing?

Khorneflakes
02-01-2008, 09:21
thats a good question, ive never been in combat to try that, i use mine to get there never to get away but it does open up more tactical uses for it thou:)

EvC
02-01-2008, 14:41
Oof, there's a good question. Very badly worded item (You could even claim that you can use it n your opponent's movement phase, although it wasn't intended that way, but there's no FAQ for it yet)... there might be something banning units from moving whilst in close combat, I'd have to check.

Thalis
29-01-2008, 03:30
pg. 23 in the main rule book, first full pargraph, "Once opposing units are engaged in close combat they may not move away until one side or the other flees or is destroyed." I take that as you may not leave combat until it's over. although I think Skitterleap allows you to leave combat

theunwantedbeing
29-01-2008, 09:17
Certain things like steed of shadows specifically allow you to leave combat, the moonstone of hidden ways has no such reference so I'de say you cant use it during a combat.