PDA

View Full Version : 2K Lizards- Slaan

The_Dragon_Rising
02-01-2008, 07:33
My 2K lizard list. It is magic heavy and was wondering if, and if so, what changes i could make to make it better?

2K-Lizards

Lord- Slaan w/ 2nd Gen, Plaque of Protection, Diadem of Power, Plaque of Tepok, BSB- 585pts

Hero- Skink Priest w/Quetzl, Lvl 2, Cloak of Feathers-135pts
Hero- Skink Priest w/Quetzl, Lvl 2, Rod of the Storm- 140pts

Core- 10 Skinks w/Javelins, Quetzl- 65pts
Core- 12 Skinks w/Javelins, Quetzl- 77pts
Core- 15 Saurus w/FC, Quetzl- 240pts

Special- 3 Terradons- 105pts
Special- 3 Kroxigor- 174pts

2001pts: 76 models, 10 PD(with effectivly 9 more), 6DD.

Generally i would like this army to be able to dominate magic and win with that domination.

The slaan is supposed to be a spell slinger with 6 spells, most of which I will try and get to be agressive. As he will be a lone wolf i gave him the 2+ ward.

The skinks are there for more magic. They will have the lore of Death. One has flight to give the slaan a wide LOS and also if I roll drain life(the big 12" kill a lot spell) he could be damaging. The second can be switched for a JSoD.

Skinks are there to set up charges, bait enemy units and take shots.

The Saurus will act as the backbone to the army, with a 3+ save in combat and a BSB around they should, theoretically, be solid.

Terradons are in for mage hunting and more often war machine hunting.

Kroxigor obviously will be flankers and aim to target the heavily armoured units.

How does the list look, if you could offer comments they would be much appreciated.
-TDR

Dragoonzero0
02-01-2008, 17:56
you have too many special choices. Each Saurus unit is 3 plus krox and terradons =5.
You can take quetzl from one unit to make them core. that would solve the problem. You can add powerstones with the points you make up. I have played a 2k slann list. You still want those powerstones against another serious magic army. A tzneetch list can still cause you headaches. and pit of shades UGH.
I would also go for a JSOD he can help a lot against chariots and what not. You can loose a skink priest to accomidate the JSOD. you have a lot of magic as it is another lore of heavens isn't gonna break your game and you still measure range from the slann for telepathy.
This is either going to work well of fail miserably. If that slann goes down you are done. That will be admitedly hard to do however.
Good luck.

The_Dragon_Rising
02-01-2008, 20:11
you have too many special choices. Each Saurus unit is 3 plus krox and terradons =5.
You can take quetzl from one unit to make them core. that would solve the problem. You can add powerstones with the points you make up. I have played a 2k slann list. You still want those powerstones against another serious magic army. A tzneetch list can still cause you headaches. and pit of shades UGH.
I would also go for a JSOD he can help a lot against chariots and what not. You can loose a skink priest to accomidate the JSOD. you have a lot of magic as it is another lore of heavens isn't gonna break your game and you still measure range from the slann for telepathy.
This is either going to work well of fail miserably. If that slann goes down you are done. That will be admitedly hard to do however.
Good luck.

The army uses the rules for sacred spawning army of quetzl therefore making the saurus able to take BS of Quetzl without changing. Likewise all skinks must take it for 5 points and skink priests use the lore of death other than heavens.

As mentioned the second priest will be switched for a JSOD as needed,(ie against tzeentch where mage hunting helps).

Obviously the slaan going down is a problem but there isnt too much more i can do to protect him and with 8 wounds and T6 people will struggle.

Dragoonzero0
02-01-2008, 20:30
Whoops!
Sorry totally spaced on the sacred host thing.
The list seems pretty good. I think you will just need to play it out and see how it goes. The 15 man Saurus block is something i have thought about for 2k and think will be pretty viable. You will have to be very careful of war machines with the slann and the small units.
I play a very similar list in 2500 and 3000 and it does pretty well. I am not sure if you will be able to bring enough good combat to bear against serious CC armies. You are banking on a couple of really great magic phases which is not impossible but not 100% either.
I think you will have to test it out with a few games and see how it goes. It is a nicely balanced list though.
Good luck.

Semi_Bunny
02-01-2008, 21:06
Okay a few quick suggestions. First I would suggest dropping a skink priest for a jsod as said, just for the sake of variety and some hitting power. This will also do you good against chariots and such that could potentially do a number on your saurus.

I would also suggest getting a dispel scroll and putting it on the skink priest just in case someone manages to get a pit of shades off, because if that happens you're pretty much screwed.