PDA

View Full Version : US Import Taxes?

catbarf
02-01-2008, 10:08
Hi, I just placed an order with Forge World, but I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to pay in import taxes. Can anyone who's ordered from them before give me an idea?

MadDogMike
02-01-2008, 17:04
Hi, I just placed an order with Forge World, but I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to pay in import taxes. Can anyone who's ordered from them before give me an idea?

I don't actually recall any special taxes in addition to the Forgeworld 15% shipping; either that cost absorbs any import fees (which is likely since US doesn't have a Value Added Tax) or else the USA has no special taxes or requirements on shipping resin models. I did get a small fee from my credit card for the overseas charge though; might need to check if yours has something similar.

catbarf
02-01-2008, 18:39
I don't actually recall any special taxes in addition to the Forgeworld 15% shipping; either that cost absorbs any import fees (which is likely since US doesn't have a Value Added Tax) or else the USA has no special taxes or requirements on shipping resin models. I did get a small fee from my credit card for the overseas charge though; might need to check if yours has something similar.

Awesome, I was afraid I might not be able to cover the cost. Thanks a ton!