10 archers
10 archers
10 archers

Special: 7
5 dragon princes-full command,war banner (BSB here), skeinsliver
5 dragon princes-standard,musician,banner of elryion
6 white lions
6 white lions
7 shadow warriors (most likely mages here)
5 elryion reavers-musician
12 swordmaster-full command,banner of sorcery

Rare: 6
5 RBT
1 great eagle

10+2d3 (14) power dice, 6 dispel dice +1 scroll (destroys spell on 4+)

Total: 2997 points

Went slightly heavy offense/light defense on magic with 8 levels of magic which is still midlevel not really high. The army is more DE oriented in terms of MSU tactics. Supported by strong magic. Reason for light magic defense is because heavy defense is not completely needed unless playing Tomb king which will be a REALLY good match. Both sides will have unstoppable magic phases. With the ability for IF on and doubles other than 1 gives reliable magic phases. If my opponent decides to go heavy magic then two spells of drain magic is enough to screw them over making each spell +6 to cast. fighting against 2nd gen slanns? pit of shades please from teclis.

Also how nice is a first turn charge with my dragon princes with war banner and BSB (basic 3+d6 CR with hits!) with unseen lurker from teclis (most likely shadow magic for teclis unless facing REALLY heavy magic then will go high) with the archmage casting a drain magic to weaken enemy magic.

This army focuses on hitting REALLY hard in the first 3 turns with combination of shooting, magic, and fast movement while the white lions are designed to keep enemy a few turns with stubborn with eagle and fast calv for march blocking and redirecting. The remaing few turns to mop up the rest of the army.

This army is gunline oriented but is defintely a lot more active than a gunline in movement, maybe i will get some slack there.

Can anyone point out some major flaws in this list?

CHOOBER SNIPES
02-01-2008, 21:38
looks like a good list to me. Small numbers, but i think that you could get away with it, as your shooting and mobility allow you to bring your forces to bear. Suggested tactics would be to establish a firebase with archers, RBT's and mages, and then protect them with elite infantry. Then cav run around and do stuff, ready to support the infantry or each other. Whats great with this list, is that you can do well against cc heavy because of elite infantry and cavalry support, but you can also do well against gunlines in that you can outrange them with longbows, RBT's and IF heavens magic.

Mabbz101
02-01-2008, 23:02
correct me if im wrong but u need a minimum of 10 white lions for a unit not 6, hvnt got my army book to hand so cant say for sure but i think its 10. very nice list though, my 5000 point list is similar with added phoenix guard n such

kiron
03-01-2008, 04:47
nope, white lions and swordmasters are 5 min i believe

fubukii
03-01-2008, 05:14
they are a min of 5 thats correct.

aenarion67
03-01-2008, 06:55
FIVE!!!!! bolt throwers!!! combine that with teclis casting doom and darkness!!!! u could kill an entire regiment a turn.!!! nice to see u got eagles and shadow warriors to slow the enemy down for more shooting. maybe the swordmasters are a bit small? a unit of 21 or 14 is good. u get ranks and attacks. overall a bit small bu good.

ga1661
03-01-2008, 16:55
Quick question... if you intend on placing the mages in with the Shadow Warriors, am I correct in that the Shadow Warriors will not be allowed to scout? Neither mage has the Scout special rule, and I don't recall that being a lone character model overrides that requirement.

kiron
03-01-2008, 16:58
no the shadow warriors were mainly for bodyguard role because i have played so many armies with millions of hochlands and the shadow warriors help alot, -1 for long range, -1 for skirmishers, -1 for targetting lone char for -3 total and then it also gives me a lot of manouvrability if i decide to hide into a forest or something to reduce the effectiveness of hochlands even more. If no hochland then yes shadow warriors will scout and the mages can join archers or white lions

kiron
04-01-2008, 04:29
I know the hell heart from OK might be trouble, but 1 turn of magic is okay to spare.