PDA

View Full Version : 2k mortal nurgle

wizuriel
03-01-2008, 00:45
So making a mortal nurgle army and was just looking for some thoughts (doing a themed army so no beastmen)

planning to do

1 exalted champ + mount + MoN + blade of blood + shield = 193
lvl 2 sorcerer + MoN + dispel = 185
lvl 2 sorcerer + MoN + dispel = 185
1 aspiring champ + Mon + BSB + mount = 161

5 choosen knights + banner + Mon = 295
1 chariot + Mon = 135
20 marauders + larm/shield + banner + musician = 155
20 marauders + larm/shield + banner + musician = 155
11 Choosen warriors + MoN + shields + command = 311
5 hounds = 30
5 hounds = 30

4 nurglings = 160

total = 1995

can also drop the nurglings for 10 plague bearers?

general idea is exalted goes with the knights, BSB with the warriors. put the sorc in with the chariot and the 2nd sorc can join a unit of marauders or just wander off alone (figure with 3 wounds should be okay to wander a bit).

Neknoh
03-01-2008, 00:56
Looking good, although, Musician for your Knights, and don't put both the Battle Standard Bearer and the general in the Chosen Knight unit. I would also add a Warbanner to the Knight unit and beef up the Marauder units with an additional four Marauders each and then put your Battle Standard with your Warriors or one of the Marauder units. You can keep him on the steed though, gives him a better save and causes 1 more footsoldier to be taken out before ranks start to go.

However, to get the points for this, I can't see any other sollution than dropping a Nurgling base and perhaps a Dispell Scroll.

Furthermore, I know you said "No beastmen", but I would deffinately look into the book and get the Plague Challice for one of your Sorcerors if you happen to have some odd thirty points to spare once everything is done.

wizuriel
03-01-2008, 01:08
yeah looked/heard about the Plague Challice. It looks really good but doesn't seem worth it for a lvl 2. Also think removing a dispel scroll for it might leave me vulnerable to magic.

have no problem with beast items just don't think beasts would really fit into my carnival theme (at least big herds, could probaly do small elite units as a petting zoo type thing).

wizuriel
03-01-2008, 17:14
anyone have thoughts on nurglings vs plague bearers?

BattleofLund
03-01-2008, 22:37
Magic banners? War, Gore, Plague?

wizuriel
04-01-2008, 03:27
gore would be nice but don't have the points for it.

plague banner seems like a huge waste of 50pts. At best like a 50% chance to wound 1 model :|

assuming war is short for the wraith banner (that magic missle one)?

bigbear bailey
04-01-2008, 08:28
Seems ok, and if I were you then I would trade them out for the P. bearers. They could be a good tar pit unit and could help for flanking if need be. Otherwise it looks good...

BattleofLund
04-01-2008, 18:03
gore would be nice but don't have the points for it.

plague banner seems like a huge waste of 50pts. At best like a 50% chance to wound 1 model :|

assuming war is short for the wraith banner (that magic missle one)?

The Plague Banner has a chance to kill any and all models in base-to-base. But hey, I wouldn't use it either... unless I was running some sort of Nurgle-themed army.

'War' in this context is short for the Common War Banner (+1 combat resolution).

wizuriel
04-01-2008, 19:42
The Plague Banner has a chance to kill any and all models in base-to-base.

isn't it b2b with the bsb only?

best case I can see is 2 models in front and 1 or 2 model on the flank if you put the bpb on the cornor; in which case you have a few problems with that combat (thats assuming you even last till your magic phase for it to be of any use).

edit: don't bsb come with the war banner?

BattleofLund
04-01-2008, 19:55

best case I can see is 2 models in front and 1 or 2 model on the flank if you put the bpb on the cornor; in which case you have a few problems with that combat (thats assuming you even last till your magic phase for it to be of any use).

edit: don't bsb come with the war banner?

'Characters & units with the Mark of Nurgle only'. So, a unit can have it.

And no, an army's battle standard bearer does not come with the War Banner.

Latro
04-01-2008, 20:47
'Characters & units with the Mark of Nurgle only'. So, a unit can have it.

... if that unit is allowed to carry a magic banner of course. Doesn't change anything though, only models in contact with the banner bearer are effected.

:cool:

BattleofLund
04-01-2008, 21:00
... if that unit is allowed to carry a magic banner of course. Doesn't change anything though, only models in contact with the banner bearer are effected.

:cool:

My post was in response to this:

Good luck with your Nurglites wizuriel!

wizuriel
05-01-2008, 12:40
meant models that take a wound from the plague banner.

it doesn't seem that good since only models in b2b with the bsp itself appear to maybe take wounds (which can be nice in keeping the banner alive but seems way over priced for like at best a 50% chance)

bigbear bailey
05-01-2008, 16:06
I'd put the wizards on mounts too... They are the same base size, an extra str 4 swing, better save, and they allow you to run your him out of trouble if need be...