PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Bane Head Question

Bortus
03-01-2008, 04:14
Ok a character has the Staff of the Lost Sun which shoots 3 times and is treated as a bow. Does this mean that if the same character was wearing the Bane Head (unsaved wounds caused are doubled) he/she applies this to the staff or is this item meant to be used for close combat weapons only?

Xavier
03-01-2008, 05:10
Any unsaved wounds are doubled. So it's not just combat.

A good use is on a Slann who takes the default metal spell and snipes well armoured hero level characters out of units in one 'shot'.

Fletcher
03-01-2008, 13:30
I give the bane head to a skink priest with blood statuette of spite and use it on high level enemy casters. It hasnt worked so far but i have been playing mostly against dwarves so that's acceptable.

I expect ti will work well on elves, skaven, skinks, goblins and humans. Can give a serious advantage in the magic phase if your opponent loses a high level caster to 1 (or max. 2) failed toughness tests.

Malorian
03-01-2008, 13:57
I never thought of either of these ideas (slann/metal or blood/bane), I'm going to have to try this out : )

Bortus
03-01-2008, 17:46
The Blood Statuette of Spite is fine against low toughness but I'm facing Ogres and I need to take out his Butcher.

Masque
03-01-2008, 22:32
I give the bane head to a skink priest with blood statuette of spite and use it on high level enemy casters. It hasnt worked so far but i have been playing mostly against dwarves so that's acceptable.

The Blood Statuette of Spite and the Bane Head are both Enchanted Items so giving both of them to the same character is not allowed.

knightime98
04-01-2008, 07:09
Hi,
You guys are taking this just a little too far for interpretation.

Simply put, and specifically - I'm talking about the Bane Head.
You nominate an enemy character (ONE CHARACTER - not all of them) at the start
start of battle.
Furthermore, the character that has the bane head is the only model
that causes double wounds against the nominated character.

So, this is not as practical as you may have thought. A continuing character assassination each turn - non stop, I don't think so.... The item is only nominally priced points wise..

Xavier
04-01-2008, 07:30
*cough*

What I meant was... unsaved wounds caused within the restrictions of the item as stipulated in the original post...

Bortus
04-01-2008, 07:34
[QUOTE=knightime98;2229731]Hi,

start of battle.
that causes double wounds against the nominated character.QUOTE]

Yup, your absolutely right and that's because that's the rule and while there may be others that might not understand that I can assure you that I am not one of them. Simply put my question was whether or not the ability of the Bane Head apllied to the Staff of the Lost Sun.;)

Bortus
04-01-2008, 07:35
Hi,

start of battle.
that causes double wounds against the nominated character.

So, this is not as practical as you may have thought. A continuing character assassination each turn - non stop, I don't think so.... The item is only nominally priced points wise..

Yup, your absolutely right and that's because that's the rule and while there may be others that might not understand that I can assure you that I am not one of them. Simply put my question was whether or not the ability of the Bane Head apllied to the Staff of the Lost Sun.

First attempt was a blooper sorry guys. :eyebrows:

knightime98
04-01-2008, 10:25
--> Simply put my question was whether or not the ability of the Bane Head apllied to the Staff of the Lost Sun. <--

Yes, it does. The Staff and Bane Head can be used in conjunction with one another. However, normal targeting restrictions apply. If a character that has been nominated is inside a unit then he can not be picked out(as normal). If he is by himself lolly gagging off to the side then he is fair game. Happy hunting.

Fletcher
04-01-2008, 10:40
The Blood Statuette of Spite and the Bane Head are both Enchanted Items so giving both of them to the same character is not allowed.

Aww you're right Masque. Damn i wish i had never read this thread now. IGNORANCE WAS BLISS!!!! Now i have no secret wizard killing spell for turn 1. :(

Oh well. thanks for pointing it out Masque.

Masque
04-01-2008, 13:20
Aww you're right Masque. Damn i wish i had never read this thread now. IGNORANCE WAS BLISS!!!! Now i have no secret wizard killing spell for turn 1. :(

Oh well. thanks for pointing it out Masque.

I had a feeling I might be ruining your day by posting that...

Bortus
04-01-2008, 16:17
Thanks Knightime I'm sure it will work great against my adversary. He always fields his Butcher alone, hanging out all by himself because he doesn't believe he can be bothered.