PDA

View Full Version : A 100% garuntee on how to tie every standard pitched battle you play

taer
16-04-2005, 04:49
First, Take Khazrak the One-eyed. Next, mix in nothing but beast-herds, characters with Ambush, and chaos hounds. Always relinquish first turn to your opponent. Finally, don't deploy any of your army at all. Wait until your 6th turn (which is the last turn of the game) and sound the brayhorn to ambush your army. Make sure you take as many units as possible. When you show up, due to the amount of units you have tken you shall now be able to contest, or move in to contest every table quarter, therefore ending the game in a tie. Guaranteed.

Don't blame me if shortly after playing this army, you are dragged out into the parking lot and beaten to death.

Slappy
16-04-2005, 05:47
Hey rules are rules. If it's legal than I have no problems with it.

But can you do this without Khazrak?

User Name
16-04-2005, 05:53
Without you can only ambush half your army.

big jimmy
16-04-2005, 06:03
Never trust a man who misspells 'garuntee'.

--j

taer
16-04-2005, 06:09
Never trust a man who misspells 'garuntee'.

--j

I know, and I can't figure out how to change the title of my thread. If you notice, I did spell it correctly all throughout my post however. I guess it was a case of terets or something.

anarchistica
17-04-2005, 00:45
Without you can only ambush half your army.
Why do you think you need Khazrak? :rolleyes:

It's a very old trick too, most people saw it within 2 weeks after BoC was released. :p

The Phoenix
19-04-2005, 10:48
Ok, so you can foce a tie. But WHY would you do this? It's not like you're forcing a tie after being on the losing end of the battle, you know it's going to tie from the beginning, so why play at all?

-Phoenix

Major Defense
19-04-2005, 11:33
Wait a minute. Don't you have to make leadership tests to move onto the field? What if you have a lot of high rolls and don't get enough on the table? What if your opponent surrounds the board with multiple Comet of Cassandora castings? What if they also block off a big chunk of table edge by getting into wide formations and crowding the border?

Garuntee indeed! ;)

Archaon
19-04-2005, 13:25
And what about if all of the characters and Khazrak are killed during the 6 turns and are unable to call the army?

I don't have the BoC rules memorized but wouldn't that be at least an overwhelming victory for the opponent?

Major Defense
19-04-2005, 13:43
And what about if all of the characters and Khazrak are killed during the 6 turns and are unable to call the army?

I don't have the BoC rules memorized but wouldn't that be at least an overwhelming victory for the opponent?

I belive Khazrak lets you ambush with EVERYTHING in your army - even units that don't normally do so. He can also sound his Brayhorn from off the field so the original idea is that the entire BoC army comes onto the field in the last turn.

Darius Rhiannon
19-04-2005, 14:13
Until you go up against a skink player who uses his skinks to set up a blockade around all for corners of the table with his skinks.

Oops you can't get on the table to charge anything, or get onto the table to consest. Ouch, you have just suffered a massacre...

Ethereal Alpaca
19-04-2005, 16:03
Why the hell would anyone do this anyway? It would make about the most un-enjoyable game since the invention of the Steam Tank. And you don't even have a win, or even a draw, guaranteed (or garunteed if your prefer ;) ). Your opponent only needs a bit of luck and generalship to win.

taer
19-04-2005, 20:27
It's a joke on cheesy armies (and I know it is an old one, I just thought it deserved to be posted). This is the penultimate of playing a ****** game, and one in which you don't actually have to own an army to play, making it even funnier.

Selsaral
19-04-2005, 21:13
For the record: (when using khazrak) you only need to make a leadership to come in at the place you designated, otherwise you come in at a random location.

Further, Khazrak won't let you ambush with units that couldn't normally ambush, just there is a limit on the number of normally-ambushing units that you can ambush with, and khazrak lets you ambush with ALL the units that can normally ambush.

taer
19-04-2005, 22:46
Exactly, that's why you can only take Beastherds, Warhounds, Wargors, Khazrak, Beastlords, Bray and Great Bray Shamans.

But you don't really have to take any of them at all. Not physically. Just a piece of paper (Though you will automaticaly lose, it is an actual option for a legal army, which is freaking ridiculous, in a funny way.)

DivineVisitor
20-04-2005, 11:42
Until you go up against a skink player who uses his skinks to set up a blockade around all for corners of the table with his skinks.

Oops you can't get on the table to charge anything, or get onto the table to consest. Ouch, you have just suffered a massacre...

Like me :)
Go southlands lol

Rabid Bunny 666
20-04-2005, 12:26
i'd bring the om in turn 4 for those all important flank and rear charges

tomahawk
21-04-2005, 15:30
Hmm if someone used that in a game with me, I would never even consider playing another game with him/her.

Cheesejoff
21-04-2005, 20:37
I think there's one you can do with goblins; if you are playing VP's with no table quarters, just take two units and a hero, no equipment, therefore your opponent cannot earn the 250 VP's needed to beat you :)

Stouty
21-04-2005, 20:59
Truly cheesy....must...resist...the...urge...to add....fanatics

Ordo Hereticus
22-04-2005, 21:46
when playing a wood elf army you could prbably massacre them aswell, as you get like 100 or 200 VP's for having a unit in their deplyoment zone at the end of them game, just get as many of the cheap units you can fit in there lol

sulla
25-04-2005, 07:55
It's a joke on cheesy armies (and I know it is an old one, I just thought it deserved to be posted). This is the penultimate of playing a ****** game, and one in which you don't actually have to own an army to play, making it even funnier.

Hahahaha! I'd make you at least bring Khazrak to prove all your army could be in ambush...
:p