PDA

View Full Version : Warseer-ers with Nationstates accounts...

salty
22-09-2005, 21:52
...should come and join this roleplaying game. You have to have an NS account, but its a great game (and I am looking for allies). I am iran (Persia), so if you're interested in joining, join as a Middle Eastern country.

I am also looking for someone to roleplay Oman so i can have a war with that country.

http://modernwarstudies.net/worldatwar/index.php

Salty :)

warlordgrubnatz
23-09-2005, 20:34
I have one- http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=vindalooland

salty
23-09-2005, 22:03
Well then, you should join. Preferably as a Middle Eastern state. You could of course join up as Oman, let me kick your ass in a war, then rejoin as someone else... :rolleyes:

Xhalax
24-09-2005, 10:34
I have a Dominion

My Nationstate (http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=xhalax)

Commander X
24-09-2005, 10:37
...should come and join this roleplaying game. You have to have an NS account, but its a great game (and I am looking for allies). I am iran (Persia), so if you're interested in joining, join as a Middle Eastern country.

I am also looking for someone to roleplay Oman so i can have a war with that country.

http://modernwarstudies.net/worldatwar/index.php

Small question, I looked at the forum for a bit, but what exactly is supposed to be going on there? :confused:

The Exodians (http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=the_exodians ) are mine, and don't you dare attack the country with its genetic super-soldiers, space weaponry, and orbital nukes :evilgrin:

salty
24-09-2005, 11:32
Basically, World at War has a technology cap at 2010 (so no space weaponry, buckyball armour etc), and a ban on space weapons. Pick a real-life country to RP, us your NS population and budget etc for the country you pick, and begin relations with other nations.

Currently, WWIII is ongoing, after a minor dispute between the Phillipines and Italy led to a massive trade embargo on the Phillipines. Pretty much everyone then chose one of the two massive alliances and went to war.

I want more Middle Eastern nations to join up so that we can finally create an Arab Alliance. My last attempt started well, then fell apart with the outbreak of WWIII, which is now centred on the Middle East, Egypt and Italy.

Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia won't join now, as two of them are in difference alliances and one is at war with me.

EDIT: @ Xhalax: Very original nation name ;)

Xhalax
27-09-2005, 11:35
Damn straight.

I always wanted a Dominion...and it's mine. So the name was a natural progression rather than a clever name to confuse the passers by!

Commander X
27-09-2005, 14:14
Not exactly what I meant. ;)

What I meant to ask was how to get started there. I mean, I can't just get me an account and start posting as if I've always been there, can I?

Also, where do I actually see what countries are and are not already 'owned' by someone? Would be stupid to sign up as a duplicate(and give a lot of problems)

And finally a last question, by TechCap 2010, do you mean what is likely to exist then, or what evil things we could construct using the technology of these days?

salty
27-09-2005, 15:39
You go onto that site, and into National Archives IIRC

There is a list of all taken nations in there. You then make a post in that forum specifying your NS nation and which country you want to be. The mods will confirm this for you and you can begin posting!

Heinrich Jäger
28-09-2005, 03:33
This looks really intresting, but I am unsure of how to play, I will have to read up on it and it seems that all the countries are taken

Also who desides what you have, what gets desroyed and what is taken.

salty
28-09-2005, 09:49
@ Heinrich: You do. Basically, these heres what to do/some rules:

1) There is a tech cap at 2010. Nothing like uber-laser-weaponry I'm afraid. Same goes for nukes and chemical/biological weapons.

2) In the Archives forum is a list of all taken nations. Choose a nation that isn't already taken, and make a post in the sticky in the Archives, giving you Nationstates name and which country you want to be.

3) A Mod will confirm your country. Then you go to the relevent Continent Forum, and make a "Factbook". Take a look at other peoples factbooks for an idea of what this is. Mine is at http://watw-persia.tripod.com.

4) If your NationStates population is less than 500 million, it gets bumped up to 500 million. Once your Nationstates population goes ABOVE 500million, your country's population reverts back to that.

5) Technology; in theory, real-life tech is automatically available to you. M16s are popular as starting weapons. However, you can purchase slightly more advanced weapons from the storefronts.

6) Military; you can draft 4% of your population into your military. This includes support troops. The ratios are: (combat:support) 1:3 army, 1:5 navy, 1:7 airforce. These are rough ratios, the actual ones are on the forums somewhere. This should all be put in your factbook, including where they are currently based and what weapons they have.

7) When in a war, the nation shooting picks the targets, the nation being shot at decides the casualties. GodModding will get you a severe berating from the rest of the forum; just read any of the Saudi Arabian posts... so be fair with casualties.

Thats about it all really. lol!

Heinrich Jäger
28-09-2005, 23:58
In Reg, what is Board style

salty
29-09-2005, 00:20
Come again? You should know that fancy RP terms are lost on me as I was a complete n00b until a few weeks ago...

Heinrich Jäger
29-09-2005, 02:59
lol, well hopefully it wasn't important.

salty
29-09-2005, 13:04
OK, its morning and I am less tired, which means it makes more sense...

I think you mean in registration correct? Choose any board style. Mine is comic book, but the others work fine too.

Heinrich Jäger
30-09-2005, 07:22
for your fact book, how do you know how much population is reasonable?

salty
30-09-2005, 07:59
Well, to make it fair, the W@W ruleis this; look at your NS population. If it is below 500,000,000, you can count it as 500,000,000 for W@W purposes. Otherwise, newer players would be annihilated straight away.

Once your NS population reaches 500,000,000+, you use that as your population from then on.

PS: Although some people put their country's actual population in their factbooks.

Taldaan
01-10-2005, 13:13
Wow! Other NSers! Other... W@Wers! You may be able to guess who I am on the main NS site by my user name...

salty
01-10-2005, 13:24
lol!

so you're a W@W guy too? Which country are you RPing?

Taldaan
01-10-2005, 17:43
lol!

so you're a W@W guy too? Which country are you RPing?

Morocco. Might be leaving soon, though. Everyone else seems way out of my league. ;)

salty
01-10-2005, 18:21
Yeah, I noticed Morocco hadn't been that active recently. Why don't you apply to join the Arab Defence League? You're Muslim aren't you? ;)

Taldaan
01-10-2005, 21:29
Ah yes, that reminds me. Would you mind not telling too many people my true W@W identity? I kind of told them that I'm Hataria...

salty
01-10-2005, 22:25
Hataria? Never even heard of them! lol

Well, the alliance offer is still open.