PDA

View Full Version : The WORST Snes games.....

Marsekay
04-01-2008, 19:44
We had the best, now tell us the WORST be they really badly made, really boring to play impossibly hard or justplain *****, let us know lets all have alaugh!

mine was Arrr real monsters. its the most boring thing i think i ever played!

that or clayfighter.

The Guy
05-01-2008, 19:11
The Adams family.
Don't ask :(

TheBigBadWolf
05-01-2008, 19:14
they were all fairly poor anything that was any good was better on the megadrive, earthworm jim is a prime example.

Bubble Ghost
05-01-2008, 19:50
Hey, the original Clayfighter was OK. If that was one of the worst SNES games you played, you can't have played many.

they were all fairly poor anything that was any good was better on the megadrive

An vile lie of the basest kind. Behind the bike sheds at 4 o'clock.

The pestilent 1
05-01-2008, 20:08
ET.
Was that Snes or Nes? :confused:
Either way, it's awful crapitude was such an affront to existence that it echoes down the ages.

mistformsquirrel
05-01-2008, 20:45
I think that one was original NES Pestilent >.<; And yes. Baaaaaaadness.

Chainsofsigil
05-01-2008, 22:22
ET.
Was that Snes or Nes? :confused:
Either way, it's awful crapitude was such an affront to existence that it echoes down the ages.

Didnt that game almost bankrupt Atari?

According to myth, they buried millions of copies in the Nevada desert, lest anymore gamers stumble across their evil creation

der_lex
05-01-2008, 22:39
ET was an Atari 2600 game... so it doesn't count.

I'd have to go for ActRaiser 2, simply because it chucked out everything that was awesome about the first window and turned it into a dull platformer.
Another really bad game that comes to mind is Spider-Man and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge. My bad memory saves me from the trauma caused by other games, since I can't remember any others that I hated, just the ones I loved...

Karloth Valois
05-01-2008, 23:08
Didnt that game almost bankrupt Atari?

According to myth, they buried millions of copies in the Nevada desert, lest anymore gamers stumble across their evil creation

Yeah they dumped millions of carts using several trucks, then used a steam roller to crush them to stop people digging them up lol.

Arkzein
06-01-2008, 01:26
ET was an Atari 2600 game... so it doesn't count.

I'd have to go for ActRaiser 2, simply because it chucked out everything that was awesome about the first window and turned it into a dull platformer.
Another really bad game that comes to mind is Spider-Man and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge. My bad memory saves me from the trauma caused by other games, since I can't remember any others that I hated, just the ones I loved...

Have to agree on that, loved the first one as well. I really didn't like Zombies either, though perhaps because my brother raved about it. (I think that was it;s name, running around silly levcels shooting them with a water gun comes to mind)

Nephilim of Sin
06-01-2008, 02:44
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. So bad, you never hear die hard FF players speak of it. And of course, the first Mortal Kombat, because of the 'blood' issue.

Norminator
06-01-2008, 10:35
Yeah they dumped millions of carts using several trucks, then used a steam roller to crush them to stop people digging them up lol.

I heard that they got in quite a bit of trouble for that, due to environmental damage :p

Edit: And here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial) it is.

nurgle_boy
06-01-2008, 12:49
i beleive it was 'Mighty Max'

3 whole levels of utter rubbish...

As for the best, Starwing. I need say no more!

DraXaus
06-01-2008, 14:50
Star Trek: the next generation on NES.

Nephilim of Sin
06-01-2008, 18:37
I wasn't particularly fond of the silliness with the "Super Star Wars" games. In a New Hope, for example, Luke is on the Death Star and has to jump over the TIE fighters that race across the screen...

And of course there was "Pit-Fighter". I got that game for free. I threw it away.

2_heads_talking
06-01-2008, 19:13
Pit Fighter was a God-awful game, an old friend of mine actually bought me it for my birthday; I was dead chuffed with it until I actually turned the game on! Can't remember what happened to it, I either swapped it at a shop or chucked it away.

Worst games on the SNES, for me, was the Strike series (Desert Strike in particular). I just couldn't stand the game, I spent more time flying about killing off the stranded POWs than I did actually performing the really dull missions.

Oh, and Jurassic Park II. Absolute rubbish involving you going all gung-ho and shooting both bad guys and dinosaurs. Poor.

Helicon_One
06-01-2008, 19:15
This thread makes me want to dig out my old issues of Super Play for the reviews of really bad games.

Tim

sigur
06-01-2008, 23:30
I recently got Double Dragon 5 which is incredibly awful. Another game that should be mentioned here is Shaq-Fu. Sadly, the site dedicated to it's destruction is down.:( The Pagemaster sucked too.

@Nephilim of Sin: Mystic Quest was pretty rad. Before it, there were virtually no RPGs avaible for the SNES.

Kulgur
07-01-2008, 07:55
This thread makes me want to dig out my old issues of Super Play for the reviews of really bad games.

Tim

Best bad review I ever read had a picture of a blank screen in the alternatives section saying "A blank screen is infinitely more fun then this game". The review was for Home Alone on the Game Gear I think

Jedi152
07-01-2008, 08:00
5 words.

Rise. Of. The. **********. Robots.