PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Chaos Chariot

Borsil
16-04-2005, 04:18
i know, i know, its been said before,

but is there any news on the possibility of a plastic chaos chariot anytime soon (next year or so) cos i'm thinkin i could use a new chariot, but am not in that much of a rush and could wait a year if necessary to get a shiny new model.

so, any rumours out there on an e.t.a.?

twisted_mentat
16-04-2005, 04:25
Its probbaly out there with plastic Chaos Knights....someday...but don't start planning for it yet...

Guilliman
16-04-2005, 09:01
Considering the fact that everybody talk about this "era of plastics and battalions" it would be really fitting if they made a new plastic chaos chariot. GW seems to produce plastic war machines and special units for every army at the moment and the chariot is the only thing near that in the chaos army.

Avian
16-04-2005, 09:17
In a couple of years they'll probably make one. I wouldn't bet on it being next year, thouh.

Baggers
16-04-2005, 22:11
As far as I know GW have not started or even hinted that they could be possiably be making a plastic chariot, and really I don't think they will.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 22:39
there was a hint in the SOC UK WD

i think that it will be next year as games workshop only need to release the woosies and DOW, so that frees up the warhammer sales a bit

Sgt John Keel
16-04-2005, 23:27
I wouldn't say within the next year at all. But then there's no clue on what they're doing for 2006 except for vague rumours of the Dwarves. (Sue me.) Where was it they mentioned that they had no plans making it?

/Adrian

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 23:57
i never saw plans of not releasing them, but in the UK WD with the new chaos warriors, it siad they were considering plastic knights and other types, it seems that every army is going to get a batallion some time in the future

Avian
17-04-2005, 16:33
I would expect that battalion boxes for all races (barring Daemons etc) is rather high up on their priority list, so Chaos players could expect one within 1.5 to 2 years.

What exactly that box will contain (except warriors and marauders) is anyone's guess, though here are some possibilities for plastic sets:
-Warriors with two-handed weapons (12)
-God-specific warriors (12)
-Chaos Hounds (10-12)
-Chaos Knights (6-8)
-Marauder Horsemen (8)
-Chaos Chariot (1)

Sir_Glonojad
17-04-2005, 17:54
I think that Chaos Chariot, even if will arrive, will not really be cheaper than the metal one ;).
Personally, I think that more important for Chaos Players would be plastic Mtd Marauders and Hounds, which are both useful units and relatively expensive money-to-points wise.

Reabe
19-04-2005, 19:18
i know, i know, its been said before,

but is there any news on the possibility of a plastic chaos chariot anytime soon (next year or so) cos i'm thinkin i could use a new chariot, but am not in that much of a rush and could wait a year if necessary to get a shiny new model.

so, any rumours out there on an e.t.a.?

Hopefully there won't be one as we would then see more of the Chaos Chariot Army of Doom. *Shiver*

Sir_Glonojad
19-04-2005, 21:06
I doubt it would be cheaper, what with the current one priced at Ł12, so I guess it is not a deciding factor in the lack of Chariot Armies of Doom ;)

daryl_ks
20-04-2005, 02:37
I agree that plastic hounds would be really good..

I already have one unit and would love a few more, but can't really justify the price of them, especially for the points they are worth...

Cheers!

Daryl

User Name
20-04-2005, 05:03
Buy goblin wolf riders, there just dogs, no saddles or anything.

Stouty
20-04-2005, 21:35
What about the rest of the chariot?

Nazguire
25-04-2005, 05:20
Buy goblin wolf riders, there just dogs, no saddles or anything.

Yeah, but then you have to go to the trouble of greenstuffing mutations, gluing on extra parts, heads etc in order to get the feel of Chaos Hounds. Some people don't want to go to all that trouble. I'd personally have no trouble doing it, but some people want ready made models. Good idea though for my Space Wolves Fenrisian Wolves

***yoinks idea from User Name***