PDA

View Full Version : Chariots and chrs... Do they take a special slot?

bigbear bailey
05-01-2008, 12:16
This has allways had me thinking but I have been told they do and I have heard that they don't. So what do you guys think?

theunwantedbeing
05-01-2008, 12:23
In the newer books, no.
In the older books, yes.

There is no 1 answer that covers everything.

bigbear bailey
05-01-2008, 13:22
So for orks what is the ruleing bro.... And thanks for the help...

Sir_Turalyon
05-01-2008, 13:51
It depends whenever your book says "may be mounted in a (...) chariot included as special choice", or just "may be mounted in a (...) chariot" in character description.

marv335
05-01-2008, 13:52
It depends entirely on what your army book says.
HE get them as mounts so it doesn't count as a special choice.
O&G do they have them listed as a mount or does it say they can ride in a chariot?
If it's the latter then it takes up a special slot.

Griefbringer
05-01-2008, 13:56
So for orks what is the ruleing

Probably Fast Attack slot in the FoC! :evilgrin:

As for orcs, AFAIK from the new O&G book onwards they no longer count as special choices when bought for characters.

Urgat
05-01-2008, 14:47
You buy the charriot as you wouold buy a boar. Difference is, you don't get to buy any option for said charriot.

bigbear bailey
05-01-2008, 15:44
Thanks... That made it alot easier. I am going to have this bad ass Goblin in a wolf chariot... It's going to be awsome...

Masque
05-01-2008, 15:53
Difference is, you don't get to buy any option for said charriot.

I've been wondering. What exactly leads people to believe this?

Bortus
05-01-2008, 16:15
You buy the charriot as you wouold buy a boar. Difference is, you don't get to buy any option for said charriot.

Well Urgat you are absolutely right and by no option I take it you mean no extra crew member since the character displaces the extra model. Lots of people don't get this one for some reason but that is the rule.

Also I just took a look at you mini pics and I gotta say sweet job man! And I thought that I had a lot of O&G's! :) I see you still use a unit of the old Black Orcs just as I do and the banner on the dragon is really, really nice. :D

Darkspear
05-01-2008, 16:37
It depends entirely on what your army book says.
HE get them as mounts so it doesn't count as a special choice.
O&G do they have them listed as a mount or does it say they can ride in a chariot?
If it's the latter then it takes up a special slot.

Well in the high elf book, its written that Tirnaoc Chariots are described on page 97. Does this mean they take up a special slot. I think so.

marv335
05-01-2008, 16:45
Well in the high elf book, its written that Tirnaoc Chariots are described on page 97. Does this mean they take up a special slot. I think so.
that's just giving you the rules for them. nowhere does it say they use up an additional choice.
dragons state they use up an additional hero slot for example. can you point to the page in the HE book where it states that the chariot (as a mount) takes up a special slot?
not where to find the rules for the chariot, but where it says it takes up an additional slot.

EvC
05-01-2008, 20:50
it's funny how someone might think that a High Elf character on a Chariot would take up a Special slot, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask if putting a character on an Eagle uses up a Rare slot...

Urgat
06-01-2008, 10:11
I've been wondering. What exactly leads people to believe this?

Well, it's in the character's option list, and in the character's option list, there's no opgrade for the charriot. I think there's a FAQ confirming it anyway.

Bortus: thanks :) (it's a wyvern though, not a dragon ;) )

Bortus
07-01-2008, 16:31
So is that the old Wyvern model? To me it looks like a GW Dragon model without the arms. Either way it's still cool. :p