PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Hunter for Apoc?

Nem
05-01-2008, 15:09
What do we think?

I have a 2500-3200pt army that is quite well rounded with quite a few options and I want to add something to make it more of an Apoc force rather than a normal 40k force. I haven't played Apoc yet though so when we play our first 2v2 game I want a nasty surprise for my opponents. As it happens I have some cash to spend this month (Birthday) in the region of 200 and I intend to send it Forgeworlds way.

Other options include a Scorpion + Phoenix/Nightwing for similar money. But I feel as it's my birthday I fancy a nice centrepiece. I also think that a smaller flyer and Scorpion won't be much of a surprise for them to deal with seeing as they have a Titan and baneblades between them.

Would anyone advise against a Vampire Hunter? (btw my group would let me proxy it as a Raider I am sure). Is it a good model? How effective are Super Heavy Flyers in Apoc?

Thanks for all comments!!

Nem
06-01-2008, 18:55
No one with the model already? Or some thoughts to share?

Really want to order it but am hesitant about spending 200 on a model plane just before my wedding :S

athamas
06-01-2008, 19:33
the new Scorpion is one of hteir best models so i would say that and something else...

possible to phoinex at first as it will serve you better, you will only find the nightwing really usefull if facing other aircraft, otherwise the phoinex will be more fun [though probably die quicker as its more of a threat]

Ravenheart
06-01-2008, 19:47
I'd go for either Scorpion & Nightwing or Scorpion & Phoenix.

The Scorpion is a great miniatrue, and so is the Phoenix (I got one). Judgeing form the pictures, the Nightwing is a neat too.

With this combo, you got both areas covered; the air support and super heavy tank departement.

nooobie 69
06-01-2008, 22:34
scorpian and nightwing cuz nightwings own in apoc and scorpians are a realy cool model.

chaos0xomega
06-01-2008, 23:52
I don't know about the Vampire Hunter, and I know a bit about the Phoenix, but I do know that Scorpions take enemy superheavies and make them it's bitch. And a single Nightwing will guarantee you air superiority as well(and once you have that, you can tear your opponents "light" armor to shreds.

Nem
07-01-2008, 07:59
Hmmm great comments guy.

I'm really unsure as to what to do (And maybe I should have included the Revenant Titan as an option in the poll?). But I am more and more tempted by the Scorp + flyer.

The thing that is really stopping me from doing this is that any other month I can afford to get the Scorp OR Phoenix OR Nightwing but maybe not the Vampire as I don't think in a normal month I could stomach 200 on one model!

So basically if I don't get a Vampire now, I may never get it. Whereas if I don't get a Scorp or Phoenix now I could still get them before the summer without much worry at all.

Does that change things?

JustTony
07-01-2008, 14:44
I voted for the Scorpion/Nightwing combo, but the Vampire in any version is just SO cool. If you really want to make opponent's super heavy crews whine and cry, go for a Scorpion/Revenant Titan combo. YIKES!

Just remember, its your money, get what you like.

Peace; through superior firepower.

Nem
07-01-2008, 14:55
Lol a Revenant + Scorpion would be impressive!

I am definitely swinging back to the Vampire as it will have 2 different roles usable if I make the weapons swappable (Hunter or Raider). It will also scare my opponent more I think :) Especially as they all have a distinct lack of AA!

chaos0xomega
07-01-2008, 19:05
If you can afford to get the scorpion + flyer over the summer, then get the Vampire whatever now, and then get the Scorpion later. Its that simple.

studderigdave
07-01-2008, 19:26
i will be picking up a vampire raider, so my wraithguard can ride in style. im wondering though, how easy is it to swap between the hunter and the raider, could you pick up the hunter and make it a raider with magnets or something?

Nem
07-01-2008, 20:58
If you can afford to get the scorpion + flyer over the summer, then get the Vampire whatever now, and then get the Scorpion later. Its that simple.

Yeah I think this makes sense. Plus it will give me a chance to see if they take to the skies to combat my aircraft or get ground based stuff.

i will be picking up a vampire raider, so my wraithguard can ride in style. im wondering though, how easy is it to swap between the hunter and the raider, could you pick up the hunter and make it a raider with magnets or something?

I've heard this is possible, I'm just unsure as to what parts you get so it will be a matter of locating the pulse lasers at least. I certainly plan to do the same thing though. :)

Nem
08-01-2008, 21:53
Update in case anyone was interested.

I went ahead and ordered the Vampire Hunter. I figured with the fact I could swap it for a Raider, and that it was something I would only get for my Birthday, that it just made sense. Thanks to all with their thoughts/comments.

I will def get a smaller flyer and Scorp next though ;-)