PDA

View Full Version : Eshin/Pestillence list

heinrichvoncarstein
05-01-2008, 15:30
Heroes:
Plague Priest (general): Warpstone Ammy, Bands of Power, Plague censer-136

Plague Priest: 2 Hand weapons, Liber Bubonicus, 1 Warpstone Token-124

Warlock Engineer: warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, warplock pistol, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll-145

Assassin: Smoke Bombs, The Foul Pendant- 155

Core:
30 Clanrats: spears, full command, ratling gun-265

30 Slaves: Musician-64

10 Night Runners:throwing stars-70

3 Plague Rat Swarms-195

1 pack of giant rats-30

20 Stormvermin-shields, fc, warbanner-230

Special:
25 Plague Monks: 2 hand weapons, fc, umbranner-260

7 Warplock Jezzails-140

5 Tunnelers: poisoned hand weapons and throwing stars, black skaven-117

2 Rat ogres-100

Rare:
Warp lightning cannon-100

6 plague censers-102

Total:2233

radbug
05-01-2008, 16:25
Ok, the list looks nice and balanced although some things could perhaps be changed.

1. The plague priest general. I am not sure its wise to a have a general with frenzy in a skaven army as you are so in need of leadership. Also I feel it is not wise to give him a plague censer: if you put him in the plague monk unit then you need to take 4 - 6 test yourself depending on where you put him. Granted you only fail on 6s but..... You should perhaps consider swapping him for a warlord.

2. The rat swarms are typically not worth it anymore as they crumble like undead. You have to be very careful when you use them as they are much harder to use now a days.

3. The stormvermines could perhaps be boosted with a few models, and the slaves are a bit to many.

4. Tunneling teams do not need a champion.

Please take these only as suggestions and nothing else and play with different armies to learn what is best.

/R

heinrichvoncarstein
05-01-2008, 20:16
i am not taking a warlord as i am trying go after a certain theme.

I've edited it up top.

IronBrother
06-01-2008, 04:25
with the plague censer i'm pretty sure you only have to take one test if there are any censers in base contact, i am not certain though. I think that the tunneling team should be left to just a scouting team as they can be joined by the assassin and will live longer that way, also frees up a few points to get more of them. if you are going for a theme, i do not understand how the warp lightning cannon fits into the theme of the army. also same thing with the stormvermin and your opposition to taking a warlord with such a unit in your army

forgottenlor
06-01-2008, 06:23
I also think the list is balanced and should be fun to play. I only have a few minor suggestions:
I don't like a second hand weapon for the plague priest. Why not a flail or plague censer instead?
I think throwing stars are the worst possible upgrade for night runners. Slings or a second hand weapon are much more efficient.
I would also reduce the number of slaves and buy an extra storm vermin, if possible.

Rhamag
06-01-2008, 06:37
Plague Censer - only one test per combat, regardless of number in base contact.

My humble opinions on the list, which I agree looks fun and balanced.

Rat Ogres - take more or none. They're going to be taking/making panic tests too easily.
Giant Rats - as above.
Plague Monks - take more, or take another unit the same size. It's more themed, and you need to get more combat resolution.

I think you've got an army box and are looking to use the rat ogres and giant rats just because they are there. Apologies if I'm wrong. I did exactly the same thing and it didn't work. Save up for another battalion box, then try rat ogres in 3's or even 4's and use the giant rats to bulk up your slaves to 2 x 25. You'll also have another 20 Plague Monks and 40 Clan Rats/Slaves to play with!

heinrichvoncarstein
06-01-2008, 11:00
Okay thanks for the advice here's a new list:
P.S the reason I'm using the warp lightning cannon is just because it's so fun and unpredictable to play with and i already own a painted one.

Heroes:
Plague Priest (general): Warpstone Ammy, Bands of Power, Plague censer-136

Plague Priest: 2 Hand weapons, Liber Bubonicus, 1 Warpstone Token-124

Warlock Engineer: warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, warplock pistol, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll-145

Assassin: Smoke Bombs, The Foul Pendant- 155

Core:
30 Clanrats: spears, full command, ratling gun-265

20 Clanrats:fc-125

30 Slaves: Musician-64

10 Night Runners:2 hand weapons-70

3 Plague Rat Swarms-195

2 packs of giant rats-60( fast moving cannon fodder)

Special:
34 Plague Monks: 2 hand weapons, fc, umbranner-332

5 Warplock Jezzails-100

6 Tunnelers: poisoned hand weapons and throwing stars-126

3 Rat ogres-150

Rare:
Warp lightning cannon-100

6 plague censers-102

Total:2249

Gekiganger
06-01-2008, 11:17
Do remember that nothing stops you playing a plague priest as a warlord (Not WYSIWYG but meh). Having Skryre and moulder troops prevents there being a 'coherent' theme anyway, taking a warlord wouldn't make much of a difference.

heinrichvoncarstein
06-01-2008, 11:35
I don't really want to. And this army is for friendly play not gt tournaments so i don't care if it's worse to take a plague priest. And it's cheaper anyway. I'm trying to make it like a theme where pestillens has hired lots of troops and have an alliance with eshin. (and a little alliance with skryre). So the theme is pretty much that clan pestillens are planning some BIG invasion and clan skryre and eshin are tagging along for their own gains and the giant rats and rat ogres are bought(remember that clan moulder sells their rat ogres and giant rats to other clans to make money(warpstone))

radbug
06-01-2008, 17:48
The rule for the plague censer states that each model, friend and foe, in base to base with user as well as the user himself needs to take a toughness test. This means that if you have the hero in a unit of plague monks, then yourself together with 3 or 5 plague monks need to test (3 if you have him on the corner of the unit, 5 if you have him somewhere else). Granted you only dy on 6s but....

/R

Rhamag
06-01-2008, 18:24
The rule for the plague censer states that each model, friend and foe, in base to base with user as well as the user himself needs to take a toughness test. This means that if you have the hero in a unit of plague monks, then yourself together with 3 or 5 plague monks need to test (3 if you have him on the corner of the unit, 5 if you have him somewhere else). Granted you only dy on 6s but....

/R

Skaven book, pg 32:

"...all models in base contact with one or more models armed with a censer must take a Toughness test, as should the bearer himself..."

So no matter how many censer models you are in base contact with, you only take a single test. Unless anyone can point out something I've missed?

EDIT:

What I've missed is that you weren't disagreeing with me! Sorry...

IronBrother
06-01-2008, 19:28
that plague monk unit is huge i would recommend dropping them and building up that smaller unit of clanrats. i'm having trouble trying to see theme, but if its there i guess its there. i still think that you could take a warlord as a stand in plague lord, have you ever thought of taking the bubonic court of nurglitch, i know a lot players that ok the not taking of nurglitch ans still having a legal army (as the rules indicate in the lustria book)

heinrichvoncarstein
07-01-2008, 15:30

/R

The general isn't going with the monks:p. You think i'm stupid? They have frenzy anyway so they don't need him.

Gekiganger
07-01-2008, 15:38
I don't really want to. And this army is for friendly play not gt tournaments so i don't care if it's worse to take a plague priest. And it's cheaper anyway. I'm trying to make it like a theme where pestillens has hired lots of troops and have an alliance with eshin. (and a little alliance with skryre). So the theme is pretty much that clan pestillens are planning some BIG invasion and clan skryre and eshin are tagging along for their own gains and the giant rats and rat ogres are bought(remember that clan moulder sells their rat ogres and giant rats to other clans to make money(warpstone))

All Eshin, Skryre and Moulder troops are sold out for warptokens.

brambleten
07-01-2008, 16:20
All Eshin, Skryre and Moulder troops are sold out for warptokens.

so the Skaven Under Empire is based around the cattlemarket, where skaven are traded for drugs?

heinrichvoncarstein
07-01-2008, 17:08
they use warpstone as money.

brambleten
07-01-2008, 17:20
they use warpstone as money.

yes, but grey seers actually snort/eat the stuff to give them magic, or so ive read

Gekiganger
07-01-2008, 17:22
so the Skaven Under Empire is based around the cattlemarket, where skaven are traded for drugs?

heinrichvoncarstein is correct.

Theres a difference between Warp Tokens and Warpstone Tokens. Warp Tokens are the skaven currency, Warpstone Tokens are the magical enhancing equipment that skaven casters recieved in the latest book. Both are made of warpstone but the only use of warpstone isn't ingesting it. That's like claiming the use of metals as currency by humans means our empires are based around metalwork.