sliver helms 142pts
shields 12pts
high helm 16pts
standard 16pts
musician 8pts

happy_doctor
06-01-2008, 15:23
The answer is, sadly, no...

Let's see how we can tweak this list (assuming you haven't got any other HE models lying around..). By the way, I'm replying having in mind the Goblin issue you mentioned on another post.

- You have 32 spearmen, 24 archers, 6 horsemen and 2 bolt throwers... I suggest merging 14 archers with the spearmen to make lothern sea guard. This way, you can have 3 units of spearmen (two of which will be sea guard) instead of your initial one.

-Star dragon seems too much to me. You'll be perfectly fine with a moon dragon instead. (and you'll save some points, too)

-The equipment of your characters doesn't seem right: The amulet of light is only good if you're facing ethereal creatures, and goblins aren't ethereal for sure... Armour of Caledor is good, but i'd give your prince the reaver bow as well (you don't want him stuck in combat from the first turn, as you'll need to take full advantage of his dragon's terror and shooting capabilities), and equip him with a halberd for that constant s5.

-Mages: You need to boost your magic phase a bit. If you do so, you might be able to cast a drain magic or two, thus cancelling your need for the annulian crystal. What I recommend is buying one of your mages the ring of fury and the silver wand (instead of the seer staff..I know, not as good, but cheaper!) and giving the other the Jewel of the Dusk and a Dispel Scroll (boosting both your offence and your defense).

-Make your spearmen first spears and give them the War Banner.

-Swap the archers for shadow warriors: they are more effective and can be proxied by modeling archers wit swords and stuff...

SO, the list I'm proposing looks like this:

-Prince on Moon Dragon, Armour of Caledor, Reaver Bow, Halberd
-Mage, Lvl2, Jewel of the Dusk, Dispel Scroll
-Mage, Lvl2, Ring of Fury, Silver Wand

-15 First Spearmen, champion, standard, War Banner
-15 Lothern Sea Guard, full command
-15 Lothern Sea Guard, full command

-5 Shadow Warriors
-5 Shadow Warriors
-6 Silver Helms, Shields, Full Command

-Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
-Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower
That's 1999 points...

Overall, you are limited by the lack of solid special choices, but the army has potential if played correctly...
Your shooting and magic is above average, and the units can hold their own in combat until the dragon or the cavalry comes to the rescue!

Palomarus
06-01-2008, 16:31
I agree with Happy_Doctor about the mage issue...I personally run 2 Level Two mages, the first with the Ring of Fury and the Silver wand (Fire Lore) and the second with the Jewel of the dusk and a dispell scroll (High Magis Lore). And have a lot of sucess with that set-up....I run a Banner of Sorcery as well....but we play with 2250 pts so it fits there better.

Im not too sold on the Seaguard though...they only have a range of 24 not 30...and for the points im not too convinced...but to each his own.

TK421
06-01-2008, 16:43
Do you have anything else you could use or is this the whole collection?

happy_doctor
06-01-2008, 16:50
I run a Banner of Sorcery as well....but we play with 2250 pts so it fits there better.

Im not too sold on the Seaguard though...they only have a range of 24 not 30...and for the points im not too convinced...but to each his own.

First off, welcome to warseer, Palomarus!

The Banner of Sorcery would benefit this list greatly, but there is no unit capable of holding it..

As for the seaguard, I was trying to make the best out of his list of models (unless there isn't such a restriction...). Seaguard have their uses, especially if deployed 7-wide: they can advance while shooting (with the help of arrow attraction their shooting becomes really effective regardless of range), and can hold their own in close combat as well as spearmen... Cost is an issue, but then again, archers are far more fragile.