PDA

View Full Version : Custom Campaign - Opinions Wanted

The_Chaos_Seer
06-01-2008, 14:28
Hey all,

I've recently had the inspiration to start working on a campaign I'm gonna be playing with some friends and acquaintances on Vassal. I've put some good effort into making something unique and fun, an on-going campaign with far more player-focus than the ones that GW has run (since there will only be 8 players, this allows for army-driven stores and, as well, unique rules and game-play).

It's too much to explain everything here, but the basic idea is that there are three planets that have gone 'black'; all communications cut, all transports into the system disappear. All the forces come for whatever reason and duke it out.

Each player first makes a 10'000 pts army list. This is not a single army, like in a normal battle, but represents all of your forces on the planet. When you engage in actual battles - 2000 pts battles and the like - you can only make that army of squads you've created in your main list. As the campaign goes on, your squads take damage and die altogether - all of which is permanent. Conversely, your units get XP over the course of the battle based on how well they perform every victorious battle.

The game is divided into turns where each player gets three actions (which include invading territories, investigating territories and suicide missions, amongst other things). Every turn, the players get a certain amount of points (based on how many of the 62 territories they own and what those territories are).

Also, every army is commanded by a main general who is, essentially, your avatar. He gets +2 wounds and +20 pts worth of wargear, along with a extended armory filled with new weapons, wargear, skills and command abilities.

Everything is more in depth including maps and unique global rules for all races. If you want to see the more in-depth file, it's 600+ KB so I can't upload it here. I'm looking for a file storage site right now to upload and hopefully link to.

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: I found a sight to upload the file and I can e-mail it to you if you'd like. If anyone knows a good site that will let me upload and link to the file, I'd be very appreciative.

SpaceLanceCorporal
06-01-2008, 14:49
Sounds very complex, very lengthy, and very fun. Just be careful with that extended armory if you play with opponents like mine. Some people like to take advantage....

The_Chaos_Seer
06-01-2008, 16:08
Haha, maybe so, but with your commander being something like a special character, his abilities will only really be used in big, important missions. If you lose him, you lose a very important aspect of your army.

An example is the Space Marines commander can take a 50 pts Company Bonus called First Company Veterans. This, fluff-wise, says that the commander has pulled some strings to bring first-company veterans along with him on the campaign. It upgrades 6 of your units to have either +1 Ws or +1 Bs. Another one, for the Imperial Guard, allows the general, when commanding a force in an individual battle, upgrade two lasgun-wielding units to using Hellguns for the remainder of the battle, which costs the commander 35 pts.

The guys I'm playing with are honest enough people to play somewhat fluffily though. All my added stuff is quite expensive, with very few exceptions.

Ordo Ouroboros
06-01-2008, 16:16
I'm up for this. We have plenty of nds and Chaos to play around with so we'll set up a 10,000 point army from each.

Send the file to m and I'll host it for yah :)

The_Chaos_Seer
06-01-2008, 17:01
I'm up for this. We have plenty of nds and Chaos to play around with so we'll set up a 10,000 point army from each.

Send the file to m and I'll host it for yah :)

Give me your e-mail and I'll send you the file lol.

It's not 100% complete yet. The mapping, territories and universal actions are all done, but I only have wargear done for SMurfs, IG, Chaos, Necrons and Tau. Special actions are done for all those races, as well as Tyranid and Eldar. I'll get all the rest done soon enough or, if you'd like, you can just make a specialized section and set of actions for the missing races if any of your players play those races.

There are also several territories that feature mercenary armies available for purchase, but I have yet to make the Mercenary stats and prices.

mark.k
10-01-2008, 07:34
have you looked at this site
http://data.getafreelancer.com/project/53412/Campaign%20Rules%20v1_8.pdf

The UnNamed One
10-01-2008, 08:01
I would be interested in this file, ill wait till you have finished. Make a post here when its done and ill send you a PM with my e-mail