PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters... (will they come and invade the 40k universe too?)

Lab Monkey
16-04-2005, 08:00
Yup... Timesplitters... They're mean, they're ugly and they're trying to destroy mankind. Perfect material for a 40k army, don't you think? ;)

Rules
What about making a Timesplitter army? I thought I'd be based on the Tyranids, for they too are a alien, mysterious horde army destroying everything in its path. The core of the army would be Berzerker Splitters, just normal Splitter warriors. I'm thinking of basing them on Carniflexes instead of the normal small gribblies, to make it easier to convert them. Its a lot easier to convert a few giants than to create 40 tiny ones. And the Splitters are quite big too. The Hive Tyrant could be a bigger, more muscular Splitter with bigger teeth and claws. Good idea?

Models
For models, I thought about using the Damien (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99111399005&orignav=9) model from Inquistor. Remodel iets head a bit, make it more muscular, repose and maybe convert some other claws. Is it too big? Maybe then I should use the Arco Flagellants from the Witch Hunter range?

Any ideas? You think this'll work?

(BTW I tried to find pictures of Timesplitters, but I couldn't find them. If you have them, post 'em!)

Dakkagor
19-04-2005, 22:12
I think stealers' would make better splitters, especially the new ones supposed to be coming out. The models you are building will be far to big (I imagine a splitter to be about the same size as an ork. Full height 7ft tall, but crouched over 5-6ft.)

But its going to be a real one trick army, just splitters. Unless, of course, you start throwing in Crows other mad schemes. . .like robots, zombies and tanks.

Getz
20-04-2005, 01:28
But its going to be a real one trick army, just splitters. Unless, of course, you start throwing in Crows other mad schemes. . .like robots, zombies and tanks.

Or - for that matter - Pirates, Monkeys and Ninjas...

Dakkagor
20-04-2005, 09:15
or possibly, ninja monkeys?

Ninja monkeys

Ws 4, BS 4, Str 2, T 2, W 1, I 5, A 2 Ld 9

Special rules:
Trained in the arts of kickass
Sneaky little buggers
Use what they find
Small and quick

Forgotmytea
20-04-2005, 10:34
Sounds good. But, thinking back to TS2 (I love that game), you should have a Scourge Splitter leading the army, with a hardcore bodyguard of Reaper Splitters, and maybe some Drone Splitters/baby drones as cannon fodder.... :D

*EDIT* Here's some pics I found:

http://www.silicon-fusion.com/games/Xbox/156/1.jpg - Drone Splitter

Dakkagor
20-04-2005, 22:20
Scourge splitters have mysteriously disappeared from TS:FP, what with their ultra cool galaxy admired bondage trousers and all.

I am thinking of the guyts with the floating heads in blue flame, right?

And the grey ones where called reaper splitters. . .and the pink fleshy ones are now beserker splitters.

how they built all that tech they use without opposable thumbs is beyond me.

Like time machines.

And space stations.

And fighters

And mother ships.