PDA

View Full Version : What is the coolest army you have played?

magnificent*
16-04-2005, 08:22
What is hot and what is not, as says on some paris hilton's tee shirts. She managed to spell some of it wrong but her daddies rich.

Jmitchell
16-04-2005, 08:39
I'm quite keen on marines for the fluff, and new traits can make them more diverse, which was necessary with so many people playing as them!

I've gone crusading force, which just helps to make games more fun (limited veteran reserves)etc... But, after 1000pts I can expand the company to represent success, therefore opening up options like better wargear (iron halo) for instance and more elite troops, such as 5 terminators for 1500pts and maybe even a dread for 2000pts.

I realise you can do this for any army, but i like the idea of a chapter gaining more renown as its crusade goes on... I did the same for my guardsmen, but i'm finding it more enjoyable with my marines.

However, i want to get away from power armour for my next army, if just to be different!

Brimstone
16-04-2005, 21:13
Well BigJims Ultramarine 1st company army was pretty cool, we even managed to play on a snow table at the last Portent tournement recreating the battle at the Macragge polar fortress.

Shame I had to rend them to death really. :D

The coolest army I've seen but never played is a old school Ork Freebooter army.

yarrickson
22-03-2006, 18:45
Its always the chaos ones. <p>
Played many a cool cult army, Slaanesh and nurgle seem to draw in all the expert modellers and painters, probably because they have so many possibilties.

Knew a german dude once who had sculpted all his own wraith-like bodies for plague marines, that was cool.

Robot 2000
22-03-2006, 20:24
Played an orky infantry army in a tourney, every unit was converted with bits from the WHFB Orc kit with banners etc. . . looked absolutely terrifying stomping towards my guardsmen :D

cookiescrumble
22-03-2006, 20:29
I would have to say orks. The army is very fun to play with and is completely different to other armies. I am also going to be getting a pair of squiggoths:D

Lord_Crull
22-03-2006, 20:41
My Night Lords! We have come for you! BWHAHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH HHHHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa(breath)HAHAH HHHHHASHAHAHAHAHAHaBLABLANALAALWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Coolst army i had played aganst? Well their was a VERY well converted World Eaters army i had played aganst once.

Escaflowne_Z
22-03-2006, 20:57
Fully painted Imperial Guard with a nice theme and a couple of conversions is the nicest army I've played against. The guy's one lone medic killing something big in almost every game was a scary fella too.

lord_blackfang
22-03-2006, 21:06
I haven't seen anything all that amazing in real life...

I guess yerpo's Emperor's Children, since they're all so nicely painted.

ankara halla
22-03-2006, 21:19
Squats :cool:

Iron_Wolves
23-03-2006, 03:12
My kroot army and my best battle:

By wiping out a Godzilla nid army by turn 1.5.

Zheardok
23-03-2006, 03:14
Mine! lol:p

Zheardok
23-03-2006, 03:26
My Night Lords! We have come for you! BWHAHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH HHHHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa(breath)HAHAH HHHHHASHAHAHAHAHAHaBLABLANALAALWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Coolst army i had played aganst? Well their was a VERY well converted World Eaters army i had played aganst once.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... Okay. That was unneeded.

NorthernMike
23-03-2006, 03:34
My friends WHs are just amazing looking, so I always enjoy playing them even when i lose

AventineCrusader
23-03-2006, 03:45
Talk about threadromancy, this thread was started almost a year ago and only had a couple replies...

I'd say the coolest army I played against was an Exodite army done with the Saim-Hain rules with lots of awesome conversions at the Dallas GT a few years back.

But I think the army with the most potential is LatD, just for 'counts as' possibilities (but hey, I'm biased).

Crusader:D

emperorattack
23-03-2006, 04:12
The best army I played against was Space Wolfs

Rafi
23-03-2006, 05:12
There was the all-Digga Ork army with a converted Ogre Digga-Warboss.

There was the 'Lord Macragge High School Homecoming' army with Basilisk Floats and School Bus Chimeras. The LMHS Ogres even had a remnants squad full of injured 'players'.

vincengetorix
23-03-2006, 06:08
2nd Ed Harlequin Solitare equipped with the Executioner Blade, Combat Drugs and a Displacer Field. And for anyone who never played second, yes, he's an army all by himself. BIFF ... POW ... KABLAM!

Cheers

Smoking Frog
23-03-2006, 06:16
Catachan Jungle Fighters. All covered in camo netting. The heavy weapons teams looked like little pillboxes. It was the most awesome army ever.

It looked like the trees and bushes wanted to have a go at you.

Gamgee
23-03-2006, 06:28
Such a old thread and nobody mentioned the coolest ever: Valhallans!

(ok that was lame...)

I once played a 2x2 battle on a tournament and the opposing team consisted of really red blood angels and really yellow emperors fists. It was an impressive sight!

greets,

Gamgee

Darkseer
23-03-2006, 06:29
Coolest army has to by my friends 1,500pts Adeptus Arbites army, all mounted in squad cars :D

Looks so awesome when it rolls on to the board.

lee
23-03-2006, 13:55
my mates sams swordwind army thing of joy to look at

leonmallett
23-03-2006, 14:16
coolest armies I have played against were a DE army that destroyed my 13th Company in something like 2 or 3 turns at my first tournament. They looked great, loads of conversions to improve on what I feel is a poor model range. And it was frightening to see how easily my army was ripped apart (okay i am pretty useless tactically!).

Or my mate's Kroot, and any kroot merc army - simply for the persevereance factor of painting over 100 of the blighters. Even a 'Nid army has more variety!

TheShadow3s
23-03-2006, 14:23
Elysians for sure , God I like airplanes and drop troops

lockmaster55
24-03-2006, 01:29
Pure grey knight amy. They just becuase i respect anyone that plays them, + they look great!

Charred Remains
24-03-2006, 02:19
Orksies, because they are hysterical.

I get a lot of compliments from opponents who enjoyed playing against my WH and really enjoyed them.

I don't like playing against Necrons and DEldar. Necrons throw a wet blanket on the game, and DELdar are always the same build.

Musa
24-03-2006, 03:11
I always enjoyed playing my buddy tim's orks. if it wasn't Stealth Orks Taking heads off Space marines, it was the Pirate Orks in their own Pirate ship / Trukk (the Nob even had a peg-leg and a pirate hat and eyepatch. just made you want to change WAAAAGH into ARRRRRR....)

cookiescrumble
07-04-2006, 09:45
my mates sams swordwind army thing of joy to look at

Ricky Army!!!

Sasquatch
07-04-2006, 13:20
Well, this is an army I played against, but ....

Boltman's Chaos Undivided army, with Magmatrax and Hellblade, facing my SW force. Great game, great player, great painter.

Great!

Gareth
07-04-2006, 14:38
I play 2000pt space wolf, 1000pt ultramarine, 1000pt 13th company and i'm painting up 1000pt Blood angel.

Coolest i own has to be my space wolves, i've built the squads around the armour mk, so my newly inducted blood claws are in MK8 errant armour, my grey hunters are in MK6 corvus armour and my wolf guard are in MK4 maximus armour.

Tanith Ghost
07-04-2006, 21:37
Best armies I've ever seen would have to be two rival armies, Crimson fists and orks. They were on the same grounding, all had trophies of the other, and some even lined up into mini duels. It looked like the opening movie of 'Dawn of war' brought to life.