PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2250

hooventut
08-01-2008, 18:02
I have used this army as my main fantasy force.

1 Hero w/lvl 1 wizard gem (Bears Anger Spell), Hvy Armor

1 Hero (general) w/white sword (+2 Str base, Killing Blow), Re-roll combat item

1 Wiz (lvl2) w/Ring of Fury and Silver Wand

1 Wiz (lvl 2) w/Ring of Corin, Scroll

18 Spears w/cmd + warbanner (two chars added)

18 Spears w/cmd (two chars added)

10 Archers (naked)

20 Swordmasters w/cmd (5x4, could run 3x7, but have not tried yet)

6 Pheonix Guard w/cmd (to screen shooting from swordmasters, flank, take charges)

6 Shadow Warriors w/champ

2 Tiranoc Chariots

2 RBT

1 Eagle

>2250

* I have the models to be able to field up to 10 silver helms, but I am currently trying to go for a footslogging army. It's something interesting. I could cut points and try to field an additional eagle or maybe a halfling hotpot (which could be fun to play).

warlord hack'a
08-01-2008, 18:47
does the wizrd gem allow you to choose your spell? If so, what is the correct name of the item as I can only find the radiant gem of hoeth which makes a normal character a lvl 1 wizrd, but this wizard will still have to roll for spells..

ga1661
08-01-2008, 18:50
Bear's Anger is the default spell for Lore of Beasts. He is taking the Radiant Gem of Hoeth, he's just taking LoB and taking the default spell every game. He could take a randomly rolled different spell if he felt so inclined, but Bear's Anger is the obvious choice here.

Xzazzarai
08-01-2008, 22:44
Drop one unit of spears, split Swordmasters in two. Fill out or remove Phoenixguard, if removed, add a unit of DPs.

hooventut
09-01-2008, 00:16
Drop one unit of spears, split Swordmasters in two. Fill out or remove Phoenixguard, if removed, add a unit of DPs.

What are DP's?

What is your reasoning for splitting SM and removing the unit of spears?