PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War Base Sizes

nandalf
09-01-2008, 14:19
Howdy y'all,
Im having a huge DoW obsession at the moment; i just love the variation you can have, think its brilliant, kind of like IG in 40k.
Anyway! my question to you is, can i use Chaos Marauder models, on 20mm bases to represent the Infantry? more specifically Duellists.
I'd love a barbarian style army, but the marauders come on 25mm bases, making them less effective.
As all the DoW models for duelists and pikemen come on 20mm bases, would it be blatantly illegal for me to mount them on 20mm bases instead of 25mm?

Thanks
Nandalf[Ben]

Curis
09-01-2008, 14:31
That's fine. Might be a bit cramped and difficult to line up.

Great choice of avatar by the way.

El Haroldo
09-01-2008, 20:43
I say go for it. Best of luck fitting them on the smaller bases, but as long as they look vaguely human, on human sized bases, it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure how'd you go using 'counts as' rules in a local tournament and I'm pretty sure official tournaments aren't too keen of DoW armies. I'm sure your friends will enjoy playing something different though.

TheDarkDaff
09-01-2008, 22:55
I really think you will have more problems than it is worth using the Marauder models as Duelists. I know the first thing i would think of them being are DoW Marauders (who also come on 20mm bases). More a confusion thing than anything else.

Jonke
09-01-2008, 23:17
In warhammer all models should be on the basesize they're supplied with. Ie. duelists should be on 20 mm bases since that's what the official duelist models are supplied with. So you would be wrong having your marauder-duelists on 25 mm bases. The 40k 'official base size or larger' rule doesn't exist in warhammer.

TheDarkDaff
09-01-2008, 23:20
He is talking about not using the supplied 25mm base because he is using them as a "counts as" unit that should be on 20mm bases. Which is what he should be doing.