PDA

View Full Version : Gorkamorka + digganob models in catalogue?

hendybadger
09-01-2008, 17:50
is there any games workshop catalouges that have the gorkamorka and digganob models in?

i hope this is in the right place. if not please move and tell me where it should be.

Kakihara
09-01-2008, 18:21
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm 99.9% sure that they're no longer available.

If I remember rightly, there was a lot said on the matter a few years back as the masters for some components were lost and the entire Digganob range was taken off sale as a result. Not sure if that was ever really the truth, but it's the same story that seems to repeat itself.

P.S. Any Gorkamorka components still available have been integrated into the Ork current and classics ranges, so you should find them there until the 'bitz cull'...

nurgle_boy
09-01-2008, 18:32
Ebay.

Other than that, you have free reign, and a superior (in most cases) model range then from years back, so conversion is viable.

Diggas can be easily done just using catachans, robbed orky bitz, and minor green stuff work. I know, I did them :D

The rebel grot models, however, are the current grots in blisters, and snots can be done using the snotling bases blisters (i mean, who trusts snots with guns anyway?)

Muties are a pain, but you could always got the way of making them centaur-like, as they are all mounted. this would be easily done with the glade rider box, as they are also wearing robes, and hoods. Weapons for them can be done with imperial weapons (as all mutie weapons are ;))

hendybadger
09-01-2008, 18:42
i have most of the models already. and some i have made myself.

i was just wondering if there was a catalogue from any year that had pics of all the models in. so i could see what there was and what else i need to hunt down

Cirrus the Blue
09-01-2008, 19:09
I think the only place you can get those anymore is in Nottingham which is unfortunately rather a long airplane trip for most of us. :( Digga and Ork stuff generally shows up on ebay pretty frequently at at least a half-decent rate, but I only ever see one Mutie or sometimes only it's steed every two to three months at best which is kind of the suck... All the Rebel Grots are available through bitz order though (Head Honcho, Banna Wava, Red Gobbo, etc.) besides their vehicles like the Cutta and Lugga which also show up on ebay sometimes.

- Cirrus

hendybadger
09-01-2008, 19:46
as i said. i have most of the models but just want to know what catalogue they were in so i can find out what i have left to get.

are they in an annual catalogue of any year? or a spec games catalogue?

Toddy
09-01-2008, 20:02
I think the only place you can get those anymore is in Nottingham which is unfortunately rather a long airplane trip for most of us. Nottingham has no secret pile of old figures unfortunately. In fact as it has such a high turnover of components, it needs to make space much more often than say the US forge, which tends to hold onto the old bitz for longer so it used to (possibly still is?) be a great source for metals like the Chaos Dwarves or Man O'War bits.

nurgle_boy
09-01-2008, 20:33
as i said. i have most of the models but just want to know what catalogue they were in so i can find out what i have left to get.

are they in an annual catalogue of any year? or a spec games catalogue?

Maybe try 'stuff of legends'
they have old catalogues... you might find what you are looking for there...

fattdex
10-01-2008, 00:18
One guyat our club uses mounted lord of the rings ring wraiths for Muties.

Grimbad
10-01-2008, 04:14
spanners (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search&Query=mekboy&System=&Image1.x=0&Image1.y=0&Image1=Search)
nobs (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search&Query=gorkamorka&System=&Image1.x=0&Image1.y=0&Image1=Search)
a search for 'shoota' turns up a six shoota, and ones like 'trukk' or 'speargun' turn up lots of vehicle gubbinz. Try 'buggy' and 'biker' as well. I don't know about digganob, though I'd imagine Necromunda ratskins would work well for diggas. Or, better yet, these guys. (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search&Query=pit+and+slave&System=&Image1.x=0&Image1.y=0&Image1=Search) One of them even has an iron gob!

edit: Grimbad is proud to note that he has placed his 200th post in an orky thread.

Cirrus the Blue
10-01-2008, 05:44
Well, for the Diggaz, you have your nob, boyz, shaman, and yoofs, basically along with their trukks which had a sunshade on the top along with a slightly different ram. I don't think they ever actually had 'yoof' figures though. All the stuff was in a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally old catalogue at least 7 years ago was the last time I remember seeing any of it up in bitz orders. I would've snagged it, too if the Mutie Raider Heads ALL BY THEMSELVES weren't 5 bucks a pop.... :wtf:

And that really sucks to know about Nottingham as a lot of people always kept telling me that they had their little workshop in the back that they could go and pour you new figs at a higher price for the old and out of print stuff. :(

- Cirrus

carlisimo
10-01-2008, 08:22
They did release "yoof" figures! Never saw them in person but they're in the back of one of my old WDs.

nite
10-01-2008, 11:09
@hendybadger: Here you can find all the miniatures from GoMo http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Gorkamorka

There are Citadel Annuals in which to find the GoMo miniatures. I recently got it from eBay myself and can't yet say, in which they can be found. I think they are in the one from 1998 maybe even in 1999! Here's a picture: http://www.mektown.de/bilder/spezial/logoaufminiaturengesamtkatalog.jpg

Cirrus the Blue
11-01-2008, 02:45
They did release "yoof" figures! Never saw them in person but they're in the back of one of my old WDs.

Wow! They did?? INNNNNNteresting... I'll need to keep an eye out for those. :)

- Cirrus

Senbei
14-01-2008, 07:44
Lol, I picked up -LOADS- of Diggas back when GW still did grab-bag sales. Think I have about thirty of the fellows including a couple of leaders and a shaman or two. Only thing from the range I probably don't have is the digga Trukk....

carlisimo
15-01-2008, 00:58
Okay I found the White Dwarf with the 'yoof' figures in the back. December 1997, WD #32 in Spain (Gorkamorka was released/presented in the November 1997 White Dwarf).

There are three of them, looking a little smaller than regular orks, and not wearing shirts nor anything on their head. Their left arms all hold a pistol/6-shooter, and then there are three right arms that are separate pieces, and they are (curiously) all holding a pistol/6-shooter as well. For some reason they kinda remind me of ninja turtles, probably the bald heads.

rob_alderman
15-01-2008, 15:52
If you search for specific things on the GW UK Online store, they come up.

Apart from Muties or Diggas or the Rebel grot vehicles...

I found:

Parts for the cyborks and the nobs simply by searching 'ork' and scrolling. There's also the slaver as a seperate model.

I found the snots by searching 'snot'.

I found the ard boyz pieces by searching 'ard and boy' and 'ardboy' (not gorkamorka, but useful)

The red gobbo comes up by searching 'red and gobbo'.

The banna wava comes up by searching 'Banna'.

The head honcho, 'honcho'.

I searched these in particular for my ork army, but I will probably order some other bits! The honcho's back banner isnt there, but im sure if you phone they have it.

Looks liek I'm putting a little more than I thought on ebay in the coming weeks!

DarthSte
28-01-2008, 12:09
Ach! I looked at these last week and was going to do a bit of ordering today, but Honcho, Red Gobbo and Snots are all gone!

ArtificerArmour
28-01-2008, 12:16
I own two or three yoofs figures. I tried to sell them on eBay but no one wanted them!

Cirrus the Blue
29-01-2008, 05:01
I own two or three yoofs figures. I tried to sell them on eBay but no one wanted them!

People DO still want them! Trust me. Only problem with ebay is that sometimes all the right people aren't knowing when to look. *shrug* The Ork Yoofs were great figs though, so keep trying and you'll definately get a buyer or two. :)

- Cirrus

fattdex
29-01-2008, 06:32
The french online store has a goldmine of ork and rebel grot gorkamorka figures and bits under the classics and collectors section of 40k orks

oh.... I just checked today and they have also been removed :'(

EDIT: codes for gorkamorka bionic bits are 9947040301801 - 9947040301816

http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/orks/modelisme/trombinozorks/index.asp

rebel grots can still be linked from here

http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/orks/modelisme/grots/index.asp