PDA

View Full Version : I am your God! Khorne army in the making!

Little Aaad
09-01-2008, 21:36
'Mere Fools!' Someone shouted. 'I shall return! When I do, you head will be mounted upon my halberd!' Someone raised his halberd in the air and pointed it at the betrayers as they rode into the distance.

Someone turned his head and glared down the ranks of the slaves.
'Who dares face me?' He roared 'Send out your best warrior!'
'We only wish to serve our master.' The slaves cowered down upon one knee and thrusted their weapons into the ground. 'We award your might with our lives, master.'
Someone tossed his halberd into the slave who looked up, out of synchronisation with the rest of the horde.
'I am your leader. I will always be your leader. You take the arrows and absorb the blows. You kiss my feet and sacrifice yourselves. I am your God. If anyone defies my power, then you shall join him. He was weak. I hate the weak. We may have been abandend, but you are still mine. You will fight until you can not fight anymore. When you can not fight anymore you will fight some more. You will not stop fighting until you kill the traitors.'
'Master-'
'Do not talk!. I will take your head!' he pulled his halberd from the rotting corpse and held it firmly above the slave. On its way towards the slaves skull, he pulled his sword and blocked the devistating blow. The strike took the slave back down onto all fours and Someone's metalic boot met his chest. The slave was coughing, curled into a cowering ball.
'Allow this to be a warning to you. I have gifted this slave, he is strong and deserves his life. I can see him taking others lives in my name. He is your second. When I am not here, my spirit will reside within him and if you defy him, he will have your head!'

Someone, Exalted Champion of Khorne.
Mark of the Dark Khorne
Halberd of Destruction (Axe of Khorne)

19 Marauders, Light Armour, Shields, Full Command

That is my List as it stands. Someone isn't his name, I havent got an appropriate name for him yet.

So, I shall start with 500 points, then go to 1k, the 1.5k, then 2k and so on. Fluff will arrive with the list, I love fluff!

Any ideas?

Malorian
09-01-2008, 21:38
You should do what that lizardmen and dark eldar player are doing and keep a running thread with your current army list and battle reports : )

I think at 500 you'll want more than 1 unit though ; )

El Haroldo
09-01-2008, 21:48
Chuck in a medium sized Chaos warrior unit and you'll be set.

Your story is nicely written. Although it does kind of highlight the one-dimensional nature of Khorne worshippers.

bigbear bailey
10-01-2008, 14:20
I don't want to sound like an ass but I think that story was poop ha-ha. Have you read any Black library books? Khorne warriors are not cowards and they sure as hell don't let slaves fight for them... Your call though...

MarcoPollo
10-01-2008, 14:48
Well at .5K I think keeping your characters simple is a good plan. Also, keep things fast. Here's what I suggest. Exalted hero of khorne on a chaos steed (keep him cheap with only a halberd). Two spawns undivided. And two units of marauder horsemen. Trap your enemies units with the spawn, and flank charge with your fast moving cavalry.

Big marauder blocks are fine and I use one all the time at 1K+, but at .5K they are too slow.

bigbear bailey
10-01-2008, 17:57
Agreed with Marco... Maybe small units of 10 with flails to flank... But that's really low points...

Little Aaad
10-01-2008, 20:29
I don't want to sound like an ass but I think that story was poop ha-ha. Have you read any Black library books? Khorne warriors are not cowards and they sure as hell don't let slaves fight for them... Your call though...

Wow you are an ass. There is one Khorne Warrior in this snipit and did you read the first bit? If you notice (probably not due my bad, bad story writing) he is transforming them from slaves to fighters (as the army expands).

Amazing how you judged it so badly with only what, a few sentences?

MarcoPollo
10-01-2008, 20:33
Also, I think that a better set up would be to use the exalted as undivided. The Frenzy will be a disadvantage at such a low point cost. Besides, you still have 2 dispell dice anyways.

And this way you can use spawns of slaanesh wich are much better than regular spawns and worth the price you pay for them.

But as for theme, and keeping to your style, then keeping him khorne would work too.

Little Aaad
11-01-2008, 20:09
Hmm, after considering Marco's advice, I think I will leave the Khorne side alone.

I have read the army book and have noticed some very attractive parts of slaanesh itself. Slaanesh fighting style is similar to my Dark Elf army and by changing it to Slaanesh would suit both, my play style and my prefered colour scheme.

Any ideas how to pursue this?

Neknoh
11-01-2008, 20:13
Do note, he only meant it for the mounted 500 points, Khorne is an excellent mark and don't let the presumed inabillity to controll them scare you away

... and your comment about finding things in slaanesh was one of the worst puns I've read in a loooong time :p

W0lf
11-01-2008, 20:18
well simply put slaanesh armies are mobile and hard hitting.

2x 5 marauder horsmen with flails and musican = 142 pts
Slaanesh exalted on marked chariot with halberd = 254 pts
Slaaneshi spawn = 75 pts
5 warhounds = 30 pts

501 pts.

Just an idea.

bigbear bailey
11-01-2008, 20:41
I didn't mean to be an ass... I was just disagreeing with that one guy about your story telling... I have brute honesty and all that's all...

MarcoPollo
11-01-2008, 21:45
If you want to build a chaos force, then start undivided and collect from that root. If you are looking to collect one army type, then go with a set idea and collect around that.

I also liked slaanesh when I started but found that what I liked in models, I didn't like in game play. Plus if you model/paint things in a mix of undivided/(said marked god) then your force becomes versatile and you will spend less money.

bigbear bailey
12-01-2008, 09:15
If you want theme then Khorne is the god of revenge as well so in that I think you were dead on in your story... I think the list needs redone though bro...