PDA

View Full Version : On Using The Deceiver as a Greater Daemon

Vandelan
10-01-2008, 18:15
I was having a look at The Deceiver and I realized if I was going to buy the model even if I don't play Necrons, I should use him as a Greater Daemon since I don't have one nor do I feel like shelling out 15 extra dollars to get one instead of buying The Deceiver.

I'm probably going to make him into a Slaaneshi GD, because I think the model is just perfect for that type of thing with the proper mods and such. Actually on the subject of mods, I can't think of any really good ones since they would take away from the awesome sculpt, if anyone has some ideas.

But to the main point, I was wondering if there was anything important I had to pay mind to such as base size. If I'm using The Deceiver as a GD, would it be appropriate to get the proper base size, if it is any different?

Thanks

-Not sure exactly if this belongs here because I'm talking about modeling, and rules.

Alessander
10-01-2008, 18:22
I've seen this done before, mix and match pieces from the Inquisitor-scale Assassin models and it coems out as a great piece.

If you're not doing conversions, them at least paint it in slaaneshi colors.

I think it's a standard monster base for both GD & Deceiver.

Vandelan
10-01-2008, 18:24
I've seen this done before, mix and match pieces from the Inquisitor-scale Assassin models and it coems out as a great piece.

If you're not doing conversions, them at least paint it in slaaneshi colors.

I would like to do conversions, but I'm just not sure exactly how to do it without butchering it.