PDA

View Full Version : [GorkaMorka] So what happens if........

chrome_ghoul
10-01-2008, 20:47
Something that I remember coming up in my last GoMo campaign some ten years ago.......

I buy a lovely new scorcha for my trukk, I go and get it kustomised, but the mek does a bad job and reduces the range......

It's a template weapon, what do you do?

The quick fix at the time was to use a hand flamer template from 40k second edition.
What would people suggest these days, apart from buying a new scorcha?

Vemetric
10-01-2008, 21:36
I would go with this:

Place the scorcha template as usual. Measure the reduction from the leading edge of the template and move it backwards accordingly. The final position is the new template position (ignoring anything from the scorcha and behind it, of course!)

Veme

Cirrus the Blue
11-01-2008, 02:49
I actually modified the rules for my campaign and said that if it reduces the range, then roll again.

- Skorchas can only choose to take the Shootier and Longer Range kustom jobs at da Mekboy'z Workshop. Furthermore, Skorchas can only be kustomized once with the Longer Range job and use the 2nd Edition Heavy Flamer template (will be provided for players who have included a Skorcha in their rosters) once the job's finnished. The Mek simply fixes on a tighter nozzle, so doesn't need to hinder performance in other ways as a result.

fattdex
15-01-2008, 03:28
maybe make it that models under the template are hit on 4+, partials on 6?

commandergabriel
24-01-2008, 18:37
maybe make it that models under the template are hit on 4+, partials on 6? Wow! That's damn close to what I did previously... my groups concensus was 3+/5+...

Darkson
24-01-2008, 20:14
What would people suggest these days, apart from buying a new scorcha?

We dig out our trusty 2nd edition hand/normal/heavy flamer templates.;)

We tried the new Necro rules, and went back to the 1st edition ones, so I see no reason why we won't continue to use the old templates in Gorka either.

ScooterinAB
19-02-2008, 07:23
I would just say reroll. Logically, any reduced range would probably just mean either spitting out more fluid to compensate (ammo roll result) or that there isn't enough fluid to go around (str result). Something like that.

There is no point in messing around with templates for a weapons that honestly is only going to get 2 shots off before it fails an ammo roll. Though I would check the Rulebook to see if there are any restrictions on kustomization (like Kannons and I think blunderbusses).