PDA

View Full Version : What army do you usually get owned by?

Baltar
11-01-2008, 03:39
I usually hate fast assaulty marines.

Scharnhorst
11-01-2008, 03:50
eldar and tau. as a mech sister player I really really really hate skimmers. If i shoot some goddamn falcon with about 15 exorcist missiles. IT SHOULD DIE.

Codsticker
11-01-2008, 04:10
I don't think that my IG have ever beaten my buddie's Tau army. On the other hand, his Tau have only ever beaten my Necron army once.

Drogmir
11-01-2008, 04:23
I tend to lose to tyranids

poor SM never had a chance in that bunker against that Genestealer swarm.

SpaceLanceCorporal
11-01-2008, 05:18
So far.... only eldar. I would love to know what they were smoking when they made that codex. So many 3+ saves and lots of fleet. Strong weapons. Skimmers with the armor of a dread. What exactly is the drawback?

WorLord
11-01-2008, 05:41
Nids - my usual army build just doesn't have enough template & blast weapons to wipe out swarms before they get into HtH. Also, one of my favorite necron tactics - teleporting around the board to avoid CC - doesn't work when there are broods of gaunts all over the board.:cries:

superknijn
11-01-2008, 06:07
Tau and Eldar. My main opponents, really. Luckily, that Tau army is one of ours (my brother and I co-hobby, and I game against him quite alot), and can be tweaked to fight Eldar quite well. Both Tau and Eldar armies are combined-arms, though. We all dislike mech skimmer lists here.

Hicks
11-01-2008, 06:43
My IG tend to lose to the Tau and have a rough time handeling DE. My GKs fear... huh... everything.

inquisitor solarris
11-01-2008, 06:51
i tend to mostly lose against eldar (mostly) then it goes to DE and a all terminator army (which shouldn't happen cause it's not the deathwing) then finally tyranids.

Brother-Captain De Angele
11-01-2008, 06:53
lol one time i got owned by my own thousand sons using my daemonhunters

Dantès
11-01-2008, 07:49
So far.... only eldar. I would love to know what they were smoking when they made that codex. So many 3+ saves and lots of fleet. Strong weapons. Skimmers with the armor of a dread. What exactly is the drawback?

They're Elves? This is their last codex, cause they're gonna stop dying and finally die as a race?

That's all i could think of =/

My IG have a tough time vs. fast assaulting armies. Like speed freaks. I havent seen the new ork codex yet so i dont know if i will continue having trouble with them.

Though my biggest fear with IG is an all-infantry marine army. They scare the bejeesus out of me, thank God i havent faced any yet. I just cringe to think of 50 marines walking towards me, backed up with two lascannon dev squads and a heavy bolter dev squad. That heavy bolter dev squad scares me very, very much in and of itself.

Not many people realize how ridiculously powerful a Space Marine horde can be. A space marine horde takes the Baltimore GD tournament almost every year...

Filthy O'Bedlam
11-01-2008, 08:12
Eldar. Before the new Eldar dex I had about a .500 winning percentage. After the new Eldar dex and Chaos dex (I'ma TS player) I am just getting pwned. I honestly haven't won a game in almost five months. I reserve special hatred for those fuggin Dire Avengers. 5+ inv. save across the squad is just painful. I'm prolly gonna have to blow my army up and redo it as a Khorne army. Lets hope it works.

Cheers, Filthy

Chains and Glass
11-01-2008, 09:52
hahahaha well one of the more powerful gamers at our shop runs nurgle in 1000pt games, he takes 2x 7man rhino squads, a Daemon prince and 3x dakka preds, i dunno how sons work (never played them) but im imagining that the operate fairly similarly (a small amount of small squads min-maxed in rhinos im guessing???) just saying koz he owns with his list :S

I feared Genstealer swarms most until i developed the "haha im sitting in a metal box you can't touch me" and fired out teh hatches syndrome every mech player gets.... now its tau.... hammerheads having FA 13 is just weird.... i literally spent 3 turns firing 4 krak launchers at it and in one turn i fired all my HK missiles at it..... nothing... hell it looked healthier and shinier...

Luke
11-01-2008, 10:30
On a regular basis? I dunno I break even most of the time but I have a hard time against nid hordes. Never enough guns ever.
Makes me wonder why I bother most of the time.

adreal
11-01-2008, 10:51
Gotta say it my friends fists army, I just can never seem to beat that list

marv335
11-01-2008, 10:59
I don't tend to get "owned"
I usually win, sometimes draw, rarely get a minor loss.
It's one of the reasons I don't play so much at the moment.
I am going to get hammered on saturday.
We're re-fighting the battle of Rynns World with my Crimson Fists in a starring role.
It's probably not going to end well. The orks will have "without number". I'll be on a hill in the middle of the table.
it's not going to end well ;)

pookie
11-01-2008, 11:06
only Tau - but then again the last time id played 40K they didnt exhist!

i was just staggered by the amount of Fire Power they put out, i did find out later tho that the Kid i was playing was cheating, and shouldnt have put out the FP he had ( he claimed the Rapid fire rule meant he could shoot twice at full range with his crisis teams - all 18 of em!) but i only discovered this after the game when i asked to have a read of his dex as id never faced Tau before ( he refused to show me it during the game )

nagash66
11-01-2008, 11:13
only Tau - but then again the last time id played 40K they didnt exhist!

i was just staggered by the amount of Fire Power they put out, i did find out later tho that the Kid i was playing was cheating, and shouldnt have put out the FP he had ( he claimed the Rapid fire rule meant he could shoot twice at full range with his crisis teams - all 18 of em!) but i only discovered this after the game when i asked to have a read of his dex as id never faced Tau before ( he refused to show me it during the game )

Mate mate mate, when a kid is using weird rules AND refuses to show you them you know something is wrong!

infernus31
11-01-2008, 11:14
Hmm I'd have to say mech eldar, but then thats hardly surprising with accursed spriti stone and holofield combination bringing fire dragons into the middle of a Guard firing line and blowing up my lovely tanks and surviving all the return fire.

I'd also say my Guard aren't too keen on fighting Dark Eldar.

Saying though my Nidzilla has yet to struggle but then it hasnt come up against the Pointy ears yet in battle.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
11-01-2008, 11:24
only Dark Eldar.

Mercer
11-01-2008, 11:28
Tyranids & Necrons.

Mercer

Gobbo666
11-01-2008, 11:37
I hate sisters of battle they slaughter mé all the time with that faith stuff

Lord Raneus
11-01-2008, 11:37
Necrons, the bastards just won't stay down!

Godgolden
11-01-2008, 13:41
i use sisters, so eldar oddly... you would think it would be the other waya round but nope.

everything else they handle with relative ease, maybe necrons now and then might pose a real threat.

pookie
11-01-2008, 13:57
Mate mate mate, when a kid is using weird rules AND refuses to show you them you know something is wrong!

thats so true, when im in the store and ask him for a game he suprisingly says no to a rematch, although there has been times when ive noticed he plays the 'noobs' and quickly says he has to go and packs up when i pop over to the table to offer advice to the new player (ie warn them he cheats!).

if he hadnt been so stupid with how he cheated then id a prob believed him and never asked to look at his codex, as i knew the Tau could kick out a lot of FP he just used by lack of knowledge against me ( i mean come on 4 shouts at 24inch from a plasma rifle wtf!).

Easy E
11-01-2008, 14:12
All of them...

Lord Cook
11-01-2008, 14:50
Nidzilla.

At 1500 points, neither my 164-model infantry horde nor my 10-vehicle mechanized army can beat them. Oh how I despise the dreaded sniperfex.

xibo
11-01-2008, 16:02
Codex Chaos Space Marines World Eaters. I hate them so much that even now that they got trashed by the new codex I allways think of them if someone says hated army.

Of cause, being loyal to his majesty the immortal Emperor I still hate chaos most. Followed by Necrons.

Lord Inquisitor
11-01-2008, 16:09
I've got Emperor's Children and I really hate Tau the most. My Marines are just too expensive and I get mauled by their shooting. Eldar are my second worst - for much the same reasons. Ouch.

From Shadows
11-01-2008, 16:18
My buddies Dark Eldar,usally when he fields his witch cult.

Vladigar
11-01-2008, 16:24
Mech Eldar :rolleyes:

I'm to the point now where if the guy that plays them at the club brings them, I'll be assembling & painting models that night instead of playing.

Getifa Ubazza
11-01-2008, 16:37
My Marines get owned by Nids, My Nids get owned by Orks, My Orks, I dont know, as they are not done yet. Wouldnt it be funny if it was Marines?

Grazzy
11-01-2008, 17:10
I get beat by Chaos and marines. Most people are too good at making the power armour save...

lordmetroid
11-01-2008, 17:11
Every army!

Baaltharus
11-01-2008, 17:24
My buddies Dark Eldar,usally when he fields his witch cult.

Not suprising considering how horribly broken wyches are (in conjuction with their raiders) in a basic DE army. I dread to think of how powerful a wych cult would be.

Having a 21" to 32" charge is so painfully ridiculous, especially when the unit is so tough to kill in cc. Having a Lord who is unarguably one of the strongest in the game even when equipped relatively modestly can only add to those woes.

A.S.modai
11-01-2008, 17:36
Not suprising considering how horribly broken wyches are (in conjuction with their raiders) in a basic DE army. I dread to think of how powerful a wych cult would be.

Having a 21" to 32" charge is so painfully ridiculous, especially when the unit is so tough to kill in cc. Having a Lord who is unarguably one of the strongest in the game even when equipped relatively modestly can only add to those woes.

It's a horrid horrid way to go. Usually the haywire grenade tweaked out wytch cult is a nightmare. I have yet to face it with orks but my DA's and eldar have all been killed in nasty ways. My Armored company however faired much better as after any tank gets blown up the wytch squad then gets hammered.

ServanoTomasin
11-01-2008, 18:28
Everything. No seriously, I get beaten by everything.
However, I play orks, marines and guard. But, my orks don't go out much or atleast, until tomorrow when I get the new 'dex, they don't...

My semi-armoured company normaly gets flank annihilated by idiots with melta guns or strategically placed heavy weapon teams. That said, it's completely clobbered my mate's 'nidz, even when I was under-strength by 900 points. Simply put, I generally charge too far, to fast. Or the enemy does it before I can react sensibly...******* tau and eldar... But, I'm now beginning to counter fast threats...lots of hydra platforms and tanks... all thanks to several people on ebay selling their FW stuff a little too cheaply...

My orks don't have enough trukks to get into combat and because of this, they get mowed down. Just imagine WW2 Soviet tactics...

But, I really hate the new chaos marines. My Iron Hands just don't stand a chance! Even if I take CC marines or moving marines I get wiped out.
For some strange reason, non of my armies have lost to necrons.

As I said, I'm ironing out problems. But, I have been wiped out by everything at one point or another. Now its mainly chaos and eldar. So, I need lots of high-power, fast firing weapons...

Techmarine Tomasin

MysteryGilgamesh
11-01-2008, 18:34
*********** Necrons. Doesn't help that, oh, EVERY *********** NECRON LIST IS VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL!

There's at least 3 Necron players in my area, and conventional tactics just. Don't. Work. Shooting doesn't work for the obvious reason. A CC weakness isn't a weakness when they can avoid CC infallibly. The Monolith is practically invincible vs. my Eldar, my Hammerheads rarely get a chance to shoot as Tau.

The only times I've beaten them were pure luck, like when my 2 Striking Scorpions beat a 20 man+Lord group in CC and they broke, running off the table on my 1st turn.

Kinsley
11-01-2008, 18:39
With my IG Eldar (of both kind) and to a lesser extent tau.
With my marines just both eldar types

Shadowphrakt
11-01-2008, 18:39
Whenever I play nidz, my army alwasy get the feckin bejeezus kicked out of it. I hate them, and i play an all infantry (cept a dread) marine army. I FETHING HATE THEM ALL!!!

I have yet to come up against DE, thoug hi have heard that they are awful to play.

I usually get completely fecked up by eldar, specially by Penguin663. Though when i play an eldar army with guardians, i tend to win.

jowiczad
11-01-2008, 22:20
Orks. New and old.

And as a horde nid player, horde vs. horde can be very longwinded.

Bunnahabhain
11-01-2008, 22:41
Anything fast and assualty.
My all infanty, balanced and mechanised lists all go down, and I know I'm not doing anything majorly wrong, other than relying on 5+ saves and ground based armour....

Onlyhestands
11-01-2008, 23:10
Tau, its like they were made to kill guard with their hammerheads.

Captin Korea!
11-01-2008, 23:20
DE and tau do laps around my chaos boys. :(

Mott
11-01-2008, 23:28
Mech Eldar have owned

my IG armored\DA shooty\BA assault\Ork Swarm

and my Berzerker footsloggers in progress will be even easier prey.

The mech eldar to me are better at a shooting war than tau, because they move so fast and are so numerous.

But tau can be chased down and killed in assault, eldar are fast, even without their transports. Plus they have access to some hard as nails CC troops.

I think there should be a limit to how many fast\skimmer\shooty transports an army can contain.

Lord Cook
11-01-2008, 23:31
Tau, its like they were made to kill guard with their hammerheads.

Take solace in the fact that railguns suck against space marine infantry, and battle cannons certainly do not!

trigger
11-01-2008, 23:35
With my wolvs it was the iron warrior list of doom
And the DE wytch list it commpleatly negates all my abbilerties , but that said they are fun games

AmBlam
12-01-2008, 00:22
Nids - If the Nid player goes cara-stealer heavy you have to max on AP4 just to stand a chance. Easy to play overpowered list.

Eldar - Overpowered skimmers

Brother Loki
12-01-2008, 00:32
All of them :)

Seriously, 20 years of 40k and I still probably only win 10% of my games.

Ravenwing011
12-01-2008, 00:46
Eldar is the army i really struggle against, i haven't beaten them yet. I fair well against most armies, but lately I've hit a rut lol

Baltar
12-01-2008, 01:22
I played against the Eldar the other day. I lost, but at no point did I feel like they were a really awesome unbeatable army. I trashed his Falcon first turn...it was just that the army I had was tooled up for MEQ, and the Eldar are somewhat more GEQ

Luckywallace
12-01-2008, 09:06
All jump-pack Blood Angels army.

Just... ouch.

Kerrahn
12-01-2008, 09:35
I (fortunately) have a pretty good win-lose ratio with all armies.

I occasionally have a little trouble with Tau with both my 'nids and SoB, but other times break them without a problem.

It's usually my SoB owning everything else or my 'nids with a minor victory most of the time (Genestealer horde means I kill lots, but lose about as many)

Oathwarden
12-01-2008, 10:04
Deathwing-Eldar/Dark Eldar-How much AP2 you cramming into that list!?!?!
-Necron-this case itshow many shots are you pouring into a single unit(he poured 130 gauss shots into a termie squad before they fell, but they wouldn't stay down anyway=(

Tau-haven't played enough games yet, bt death guard and nidzilla give my mech tau grief

W0lf
12-01-2008, 10:10
Nids. But only when played by the only other 40k player whos half decent in my store (besides me)

Lord-Gen Bale Chambers
12-01-2008, 13:56
Eldar - My only victory came in a combat patrol against Saim Hain (sp?). I managed to wipe him out completely by turn 3 with all my units above half strength. Everything else has been a tough loss to poor showing on my part.

Nids - Only my good friends Nids though. He plays a very balanced list with lots of synapse. He "pwned" everyone with them in the local 'ard boys' tournament. He has about 7000+ points and has never lost 1 on 1 with them. Only times he ever lost were 2 2on1 games. My guard and daemonhunters against him was one game, eldar and my guard against him was the other.

I do very well against Tau with my IG. I may just have the local hardcore Tau players number though.

blackcherry
12-01-2008, 14:12
mech eldar. as my army is nurgle themed, i doesn't have much in the way of long range fire power, so mech eldar run rings around me. tau are ok, as i can stand the shots a lot easier thanks to t5. I haven't played new orks, but it was always interesting playing the old ones. other than that i do quite well against guard, as a lot of their basic weapons have a hard time wounding me, same with tyranids.

bucheonman
12-01-2008, 14:25
My nids tend to lose to eldar. As I am sure that is normal.

Bigbot
12-01-2008, 14:27
ultramarines, but then that's the ONLY army I ever play.

I did wipe them out the last time we played mind (save for the bloody thunderhawk)

Fideru
12-01-2008, 14:51
Tyranids. I do not have fun against them.

blackroyal
12-01-2008, 16:10
I have had problems with static gunline style marines. Generally I am guant heavy and the guants just cannot do much against the basic marine. Stupid T4 3+SV...

I do alright by and large.