PDA

View Full Version : Single Model Challenges

Yehoshua
11-01-2008, 19:48
Is there any rule that prevents single models (e.g., Dragon Ogre Shaggoth upgraded to character status with the Mark of Slaanesh) from accepting or issuing challenges when in combat with another single model (e.g., the king of Bretonnia on his freaking Hippogryph)?

highelfmage
11-01-2008, 20:07
no there is not

Leogun_91
11-01-2008, 20:23
No and your opponent must accept.

T10
12-01-2008, 22:59
Please note that there is a fundamental difference between being compelled to accept a challenge (e.g. a Blood Dragon Vampire) and being unable to refuse.

Characters/Champions will typically be unable to refuse the challenge if they cannot be relocated to a non-fighting position within their unit. If any number of characters/champions are unable to refuse then the challenge must be accepted. However, even if you are unable to refuse the challenge you still get to pick an eligible character/champion to fight.

So: If you charge an enemy unit with both a regiment that includes an champion and a single character on a monster you may still accept any enemy challenge with the champion.

-T10

13-01-2008, 04:21
for single model vrs single model there is no rule against it...other then special items that only work in challanges I don't see the reason to since you'll get no bonus for overkill since hes dead.

however if you get say flanked charge by knight errents when fighting your hero shaggoth with the bretonian king...by all means issue the challange saves a bit of hurt.

Spoonie
13-01-2008, 04:29
Unless of course you mean you want to challenge the king without having to fight the griffon, in which case you're still out of luck.

Yehoshua
13-01-2008, 04:48
Yah, it was a charge by the King and a knight regiment. I think the King gets rerolls on all his attacks (wound and hit) in a challenge, so it still wouldn't have been great, but it would've saved me the 8 from the knights and the 8 from the horses.

Borthcollective
14-01-2008, 12:46
Ok I'm not up on how Bretonian charges work, why would you take 8 hits from horses and knights on a model that at best would be in contact with only 4 models?

Nurgling Chieftain
14-01-2008, 18:28
Ok I'm not up on how Bretonian charges work, why would you take 8 hits from horses and knights on a model that at best would be in contact with only 4 models?...Because of the way Bretonnian lance charges work. ;)

Borthcollective
14-01-2008, 19:55
Thanks for the informative post.

lparigi34
14-01-2008, 20:51
Thanks for the informative post.

LOL!

The Bretonnia Cavalry Lance allows Bretonnia Knights to fight in 3 units wide formation while still getting resolution bonuses for ranks. Additionally all models to the each side in the formation are allowed to fight the first round of a combat when the Lance charges an enemy unit.

i.e, being Orcs all "O"s and the other unit is made of knights, all RED marked knights are allowed to fight the Orcs (given the knights charged in that turn). Also the Knights have +2 combat res for the ranks it has.

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
..KKK
..KKK
..KKK

Borthcollective
14-01-2008, 22:01
Thanks, that's what I was asking.

er_monti
22-01-2008, 14:49
Ive the spanish army book and i dont know very clear if with the lance formation allow to fight the horses of each side. Could anyone post this part of the rule? in spanish say the knights, not the model and that confuse me.

Thanks.

T10
22-01-2008, 22:15
The english version says "every Knight model" and thus includes the Knight's steed.

-T10

logan054
22-01-2008, 23:35
So: If you charge an enemy unit with both a regiment that includes an champion and a single character on a monster you may still accept any enemy challenge with the champion.

-T10

pfft, no fun in that!

Templar_Victorious
23-01-2008, 00:51
Maybe not, but the champion will (most likely) die poorly, while the Character (hopefully) slaughters alot of the enemy unit, thus giving better CR bonus for his own unit.