PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts of Empire

ImperiusDominatus
12-01-2008, 06:27
Hey everyone,

I'm rather new to Fantasy, so I'm looking for suggestions on my list for an upcoming game. It's going to be a 2v2 game with Empire and Wood Elves against Tzeentch Chaos and Vampire Counts. I've never played a 4 player game before, so any suggestions about that would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance. :)

Captain (Joins Knights)
- Lance
- Shield
- Full plate armour
- Barded warhorse
78pts

Warrior Priest
- Great Weapon
- Armour of Meteoric Iron
119pts

5 Knights
- Full Command
- Warbanner
175pts

25 Swordsmen
- Full Command
175pts
- 10 Free Company Detachment
50pts

20 Flagellants
- Prophet of Doom
210pts

10 Crossbowmen
80pts

Helblaster Volley Gun
110pts

Total: 997pts

bigbear bailey
12-01-2008, 10:41
Way to many flagalents in a 1000 points army... 10 should do it... Use the other points to add more points to the rank and file units...

maze ironheart
12-01-2008, 11:34
First of all welcome to WFB to point out any thing I would only say drop the crossbowmen and replace them with hand gunners so your army has another unit that can deal with units that have a good armour save.Because the only difference is that crossbowmen shoot 6 inc's further then handgunners I would then say reduce the flagelants to 15 but the rest of your army is fine.

kroq'gar
12-01-2008, 11:40
change the 10 crossbowmen over to a detachment for the swordmen (they wont cause panic and can stand and shoot against chargers).

Also, i'd replace the free company with halberds; the light armour and strength helps amazingly against enemy charges.

Also, may want to look at upping the knights to inner circle to give them some impetus past the charge.

Spoonie
12-01-2008, 14:00
I'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with all the replies so far. I like the list.

Handgunners vs. Crossbows and Free Company vs. Halberdiers is really a personal preference. I would also find 10 crossbowmen as an unwieldy missile detachment, I think they're better off as their own unit.

The only thing I'll sort of agree with is the flagellants. It's probably not the most efficient set-up for a tar pit, but it's certainly not the worst choice in the universe. If you wanted a second infantry unit and flagellants in the list it seems like a logical compromise.

In short, I think the list is perfectly fine, especially for a new player since it gives you a little bit of everything the empire has to offer.

As for playing in the team game, you're probably best off sitting back a bit since neither of your opponents have shooting. Pepper them as long as you can and don't risk blowing up the helblaster firing at skeletons, aim for the dangerous bits like their knights if you can. After that it's pretty much up to your infantry to hold the line while the nimble elves and your knights move in for the kills. For this matchup specifically you might want to consider a wizard with two dispell scrolls or the rod of power instead of the warrior priest since both of your opponents are notorious for having nasty magic offense, so you might need a little extra oomph in your defenses.

bigbear bailey
12-01-2008, 15:26
Spoonie- ha-ha you had me laughing on that on bro. I jsut think that ws4 will hit most troops on threes and then with hatred it is almost gaurnted hits... Then str 6 is a no brainer from there....

Other then that I changed my mind abou the flagalents... knock them down 5 and then switch the volley gun out with a mortar... those make skellys and Marauders cry at night... After that add some more shooting to let the swordmasters eat them up a lot easier...

bigbear bailey
12-01-2008, 15:27
Spoonie- ha-ha you had me laughing on that on bro. I jsut think that ws4 will hit most troops on threes and then with hatred it is almost gaurnted hits... Then str 6 is a no brainer from there....

Other then that I changed my mind abou the flagalents... knock them down 5 and then switch the volley gun out with a mortar... those make skellys and Marauders cry at night... After that add some more shooting to let the swordmasters eat them up a lot easier...

Crossbows in units of 5 as detachments as well

ImperiusDominatus
13-01-2008, 09:30
Hey guys, thanks for the replies; this really helps. :)

Handgunners vs. Crossbows and Free Company vs. Halberdiers is really a personal preference.
Yeah, agreed. The reason I chose Crossbowmen and Militia is because my army comes from the Ostermark and I wanted it to keep with the fluff of it being a poorer province. (The Helblaster has quite a bit of fluff behind it to explain it's appearance.)

But I decided to drop five Flagellants like people advised and give my Captain the Shroud of Magnus. My friend that plays Tzeentch is always bragging that his magic would devastate me (though I don't know anything about the lore at all), so I thought some extra magic protection would go a long way.

aenarion67
13-01-2008, 10:01
well you could change the helblaster for a hellstorm roket battery or chinese fireworks as i like to call it and if you reduce the unit of flagelants to 10 you could probably fit a mortar as well.

maze ironheart
13-01-2008, 10:38
I only said about taking handgunners over crossbowmen because they are -2 to armour saves which works really well against heavily armoured unit's like chaos.I say keep the helblaster it's a very good warmachine and it has always done me good.